2016 San Francisco 49ers v?: Chip gon' take us to the 'Chip

You might get your wish if SF hires McDaniels as HC.

patriots_jimmy_garoppolo_josh_mcdaniels_010116.jpg

I'd love for them to give him a shot as HC. Of the options I've heard so far, he's probably the most exciting.

Fuck Baalke
Fuck York
Bowman is cool
and fuck Kaep

QsCJQrD.gif

As long as Dork is in charge I have 0 faith in this team. He's an incompetent, infantile and clueless piece of shit who couldn't run a McDonalds. He's so tone deaf and it was obvious in that press conference. Worthless.

I wish I could spit in York's face for firing Harbaugh.

I wish I could spit in York's face for firing Harbaugh.
That was such a disgrace as it was happening. The writing on the wall was obvious during that last Harbaugh season. You could tell he was being hung out to dry in the power struggle with Baalke and was scapegoated for that 8-8 season(which in hindsight with all the distractions, injuries and many of the players knowing Harbs would be gone, 8-8 wasn't bad that season)

Completely unforgivable in firing Harbaugh. I was saying it all that season since they didn't renew his contract after 3 straight NFC champ appearances that they were setting it up for him to get fired. One of the most successful starts to an NFL coaching career and you fire him? That is the dumbest shit ever.

That was such a disgrace as it was happening. The writing on the wall was obvious during that last Harbaugh season. You could tell he was being hung out to dry in the power struggle with Baalke and was scapegoated for that 8-8 season(which in hindsight with all the distractions, injuries and many of the players knowing Harbs would be gone, 8-8 wasn't bad that season)

Completely unforgivable in firing Harbaugh. I was saying it all that season since they didn't renew his contract after 3 straight NFC champ appearances that they were setting it up for him to get fired. One of the most successful starts to an NFL coaching career and you fire him? That is the dumbest shit ever.

It makes it even worse now knowing that York fired Baalke. Perhaps he realizes that he should have kept Harbs and gotten rid of Baalke then. IDK, but York is a fucking MORON. I think we're bound for the dark ages all over again. We were shit for so long before Harbaugh, and now we're back to being shit again. I don't see how we're gonna come out of it.

And I genuinely liked Harbaugh. If he returns to the NFL it will be painful to see him coach another team, though I feel like it's impossible for me to hate him so I will support him no matter where he goes. Hopefully a struggling team gets him. I'd like to see him coach the Bengals, but I highly doubt that would ever happen.

No thanks on rumors stating that Kyle Shanahan as a possible HC candidate.

Would love to see if they could hire David Shaw and try to recapture the Stanford HC to Niners HC magic they had with Jim

It makes it even worse now knowing that York fired Baalke. Perhaps he realizes that he should have kept Harbs and gotten rid of Baalke then. IDK, but York is a fucking MORON. I think we're bound for the dark ages all over again. We were shit for so long before Harbaugh, and now we're back to being shit again. I don't see how we're gonna come out of it.

And I genuinely liked Harbaugh. If he returns to the NFL it will be painful to see him coach another team, though I feel like it's impossible for me to hate him so I will support him no matter where he goes. Hopefully a struggling team gets him. I'd like to see him coach the Bengals, but I highly doubt that would ever happen.

Exactly. I know the track record of guys doing both GM and HC duties is not very good, but it was worth trying with Harbaugh who has been a winner and turned around teams every step of the way. It all started with Jeds dumbass father firing Mooch after many winning seasons. WTF? Like father like son apparently.

I really like Harbaugh, I did since his playing days. He had mediocre talent but was an insane competitor and got a 15 year career out of maybe 5 year talent. He might wear thin after a few years but it's worth it if he changes the culture to a winning one. We were the bullies on the block for those first 3 years. We'd win most games and even in the games we lost the team we played was banged up for weeks after because is was a physical battle every play against us. Now we are a joke and get shredded on defense.

I hope Harbs wins a title at Michican and maybe coaches the Colts. Him and Luck would be a great pairing once again.

Exactly. I know the track record of guys doing both GM and HC duties is not very good, but it was worth trying with Harbaugh who has been a winner and turned around teams every step of the way. It all started with Jeds dumbass father firing Mooch after many winning seasons. WTF? Like father like son apparently.

I really like Harbaugh, I did since his playing days. He had mediocre talent but was an insane competitor and got a 15 year career out of maybe 5 year talent. He might wear thin after a few years but it's worth it if he changes the culture to a winning one. We were the bullies on the block for those first 3 years. We'd win most games and even in the games we lost the team we played was banged up for weeks after because is was a physical battle every play against us. Now we are a joke and get shredded on defense.

I hope Harbs wins a title at Michican and maybe coaches the Colts. Him and Luck would be a great pairing once again.

It sounds like York didn't like Harbaugh's personality. Which is dumb, because look at Belichick. He doesn't have a personable personality yet he's possibly the greatest NFL coach ever.

Personally, I've always thought Harbaugh should have been given Belichick-like control over the 49ers. Imagine that!

It sounds like York didn't like Harbaugh's personality. Which is dumb, because look at Belichick. He doesn't have a personable personality yet he's possibly the greatest NFL coach ever.

Personally, I've always thought Harbaugh should have been given Belichick-like control over the 49ers. Imagine that!
York wants to be known as a great owner and have his ego pandered to because it is what he grew up in with the silver spoon in his mouth. He couldn't even check his ego a tiny bit to deal with one of the 5 best coaches in the league who had turned the franchise around.

He chose to be like Jerry Jones of the last 20 years as opposed to Bob Kraft. Letting his ego run things. Look at Kraft, he got Belichick in and let him do everything and now Kraft is looked at like a genius and an all time great owner just because he got his guy and let him do it, even if they bumped heads. If York let Harbaugh do his thing and eventually the championship(s) come then he is loved by the fans and viewed as a great owner by his peers just because he hired the right man and got out of the way. He screwed up big time, the blood of the franchise is all on him.

No thanks on rumors stating that Kyle Shanahan as a possible HC candidate.

Would love to see if they could hire David Shaw and try to recapture the Stanford HC to Niners HC magic they had with Jim
Eh the thing I like about Kyle is I have faith in him developing a QB that we likely draft. Matt Ryan will get MVP votes this year.

No idea if he can run a team, but developing a QB is big for us

York wants to be known as a great owner and have his ego pandered to because it is what he grew up in with the silver spoon in his mouth. He couldn't even check his ego a tiny bit to deal with one of the 5 best coaches in the league who had turned the franchise around.

He chose to be like Jerry Jones of the last 20 years as opposed to Bob Kraft. Letting his ego run things. Look at Kraft, he got Belichick in and let him do everything and now Kraft is looked at like a genius and an all time great owner just because he got his guy and let him do it, even if they bumped heads. If York let Harbaugh do his thing and eventually the championship(s) come then he is loved by the fans and viewed as a great owner by his peers just because he hired the right man and got out of the way. He screwed up big time, the blood of the franchise is all on him.

That's definitely ironic. If York wanted to be known as a great owner, then all he had to do was give Harbaugh complete control and let him do his thing. Of course York would still have ultimate power, but letting Harbaugh do his thing would have definitely been best for business.

As is, I wont be surprised if next season is a bust as well and York fires that guy too.

Maybe he should go after Billick or Dungy. Offer them a big payday to come out of retirement and turn things around.

I remember days when Holmgren wanted to be our GM and coach. I wonder if there is still any interest there with knowing how York handles shit

I'd love for them to give him a shot as HC. Of the options I've heard so far, he's probably the most exciting.

This is a huge possibility. If McDaniels becomes HC then Garoppolo will tag along. Sayonara Kaep.

I was disappointed last year when they announced they were hiring Chip. Of all the options on the table he was probably my least favorite. So I'm betting it's going to be another year like that, of disappointment. I think Chip was hired purely because York and Baalke wanted someone to control. Harbaugh was too macho for them. So.... who knows.

The one positive, if York keeps his word, is he said he's willing to spend lots of money to ensure the team gets to where it needs to be. So hopefully that means he puts out for a heavy hitting GM/Coach combo. Or at least people who've been proven. Billick has said he'd consider returning to coaching if the price was right. I'm sure Dungy and Coughlin would too. Or even Mike Shanahan or Jon Gruden. Hell, offer them Belichick-like powers over the team. At this point I don't see how that could hurt anything (especially since York would retain veto power). It's a no-lose offer IMO.

Like the Broncs hired Elway, the Niners should reach out to Montana and offer him the same role in their organization. If he wont take it, then go after Young. If he wont take it, go after Rice. (The only problem is, I don't think York could handle someone else hogging all the spotlight)

The Lambs are fucking pathetic, so last night doesn't say much. We are still gonna lose double digit games this season. I am encouraged that we are finally getting a few talents possibly emerging.

Babbert is so awful. Keenum might be the worst starting QB in the League right now but Blaine is not too far behind him.

Kelly is an upgrade over Jim Bumsula at least. I would l ike a chance to draft Watson but I don't think we will be worse than the Browns. I could still see the Lambs win a few WTF garbage games they usually seem to win every year. However, they might have even worse O this year than previous years, if that is even possible.

I wanted Watson from back here but knew the Clowns would suck worse than us. Thanks Kaep for screwing us over on the #1 as a big fuck you to us.

I was disappointed last year when they announced they were hiring Chip. Of all the options on the table he was probably my least favorite. So I'm betting it's going to be another year like that, of disappointment. I think Chip was hired purely because York and Baalke wanted someone to control. Harbaugh was too macho for them. So.... who knows.

The one positive, if York keeps his word, is he said he's willing to spend lots of money to ensure the team gets to where it needs to be. So hopefully that means he puts out for a heavy hitting GM/Coach combo. Or at least people who've been proven. Billick has said he'd consider returning to coaching if the price was right. I'm sure Dungy and Coughlin would too. Or even Mike Shanahan or Jon Gruden. Hell, offer them Belichick-like powers over the team. At this point I don't see how that could hurt anything (especially since York would retain veto power). It's a no-lose offer IMO.

Like the Broncs hired Elway, the Niners should reach out to Montana and offer him the same role in their organization. If he wont take it, then go after Young. If he wont take it, go after Rice. (The only problem is, I don't think York could handle someone else hogging all the spotlight)

Coughlin is my top choice for HC. I've heard he doesn't want move to the West Coast.

Back