2016 Green Bay Packers Which key player gets injured first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lacy to seacocks for 1yr deal
3 mil guaranteed is what I am reading.

While I am disappointed we didn't give him something similar to take pressure off Montgomery back there at the same time, Lacy really seemed to drop off a cliff after his second year. I know injuries hampered him but he really fell off there.

PLUS, reports are he was like 267lbs again during meetings with other teams.

I know Blount is available but I doubt TT signs him. In a perfect world we'd get Barwin and Blount but I doubt we get either of them.

3 mil guaranteed is what I am reading.

While I am disappointed we didn't give him something similar to take pressure off Montgomery back there at the same time, Lacy really seemed to drop off a cliff after his second year. I know injuries hampered him but he really fell off there.

PLUS, reports are he was like 267lbs again during meetings with other teams.

I know Blount is available but I doubt TT signs him. In a perfect world we'd get Barwin and Blount but I doubt we get either of them.

No telling how good Lacy's ankle is. He has asthma so he isn't good at altitude or in the cold. He hasn't been able to work out because of the ankle injury. Can he get in shape?

$5.5 million 1 year deal with $3 million guaranteed. I suspect Seattle would have it conditional on passing a physical.

No telling how good Lacy's ankle is. He has asthma so he isn't good at altitude or in the cold. He hasn't been able to work out because of the ankle injury. Can he get in shape?

$5.5 million 1 year deal with $3 million guaranteed. I suspect Seattle would have it conditional on passing a physical.
True.

I'm just overall kind of in concerned mode. I figured if we were lucky to grab Lacy it's ease up the full time transition for Montgomery but now it's looking like the needs are an outside pass rusher (if we don't get Barwin), CBs, and a power back of some kind.

Not world is ending man the escape pods concerned mode but just overall "please get this figured out guys" type concerned mode.

Any word on where Latavius Murray is going? I know he is meeting with the Viqueens today but back in February everyone was banking on him getting looked at by Green Bay.

Sounds like we will be taking a RB in the first after all, lol.

How good is the food in Seattle?

While I'm not sold that House is the answer at cornerback, I'm glad that Ted knew enough to make a move.

How good is the food in Seattle?

While I'm not sold that House is the answer at cornerback, I'm glad that Ted knew enough to make a move.
What kind of food you looking for? Where the stadium is if you want Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, or Korean it's the best in the city.

House isn't the answer but when he left two years ago didn't the Pack want to keep him but we couldn't afford him? It worries me he set a franchise record in pass deflections for the Jags only to get essentially benched the next season admittedly.

Apparently he didn't agree with the scheme over in Jacksonville.

What kind of food you looking for? Where the stadium is if you want Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, or Korean it's the best in the city.

House isn't the answer but when he left two years ago didn't the Pack want to keep him but we couldn't afford him? It worries me he set a franchise record in pass deflections for the Jags only to get essentially benched the next season admittedly.

I'm happy with the House deal. We know he's capable of playing, but somehow fell out of favor on a team that has been managed/coached poorly. I don't trust anyone on the Jags to manage personnel, so I'm holding out hope.

The entire defense still worries me though. No way the draft plugs even half the gaping holes we have.

I'm happy with the House deal. We know he's capable of playing, but somehow fell out of favor on a team that has been managed/coached poorly. I don't trust anyone on the Jags to manage personnel, so I'm holding out hope.

The entire defense still worries me though. No way the draft plugs even half the gaping holes we have.
As I see it, if somehow we luck into pulling Barwin away from essentially his college city of Cinicnatti we'd still need:
- Outside pass rushers. Barwin can't do it all solo and Matthews is beginning to break down I think/get older plus I heard he might be playing inside more. That plus we don't know yet if Perry last year was a one year thing or we can rely on it consistently.

- I do not trust Gunter, Randall, or Rollins at all. I know the latter two were basically injured all year in some form but I still do not trust them. People will say they did well the year before but the year before they had Shields on the other side of them holding down the fort.

- We need a RB, a power back. Power backs become king in the cold weather and though I saw Montogmery move piles once in awhile last year it's not like he's a Mike Alstott or Lynch syle power guy. Unless they want to hand off to Rip more even with that ridiculous fumble he had in the championship game.

As I see it, if somehow we luck into pulling Barwin away from essentially his college city of Cinicnatti we'd still need:
- Outside pass rushers. Barwin can't do it all solo and Matthews is beginning to break down I think/get older plus I heard he might be playing inside more. That plus we don't know yet if Perry last year was a one year thing or we can rely on it consistently.

- I do not trust Gunter, Randall, or Rollins at all. I know the latter two were basically injured all year in some form but I still do not trust them. People will say they did well the year before but the year before they had Shields on the other side of them holding down the fort.

- We need a RB, a power back. Power backs become king in the cold weather and though I saw Montogmery move piles once in awhile last year it's not like he's a Mike Alstott or Lynch syle power guy. Unless they want to hand off to Rip more even with that ridiculous fumble he had in the championship game.

In agreement with all, but I don't want Rip getting a large amount of carries.

In agreement with all, but I don't want Rip getting a large amount of carries.
Neither do I though I like how they used him as a change of pace kind of guy.

I figure, if they can find a power back akin to Blount (I think he's too expensive for TT to take a look at) and then we use Montgomery the way that the Pats and Chargers used Woodhead with Ripkowski taking a carry every now and then in games we'll be ok back there.

As it is right now though isn't Montgomery the only RB currently signed? Barring guys from the practice squad.

Datone and his one sack headed to the queens, another first round gem by uncle teddy

Just trying to get into Lacy's mindset of why he went to Seattle.

Read an article today On cheesehead Tv. Lang pretty much says Thompson and Russ ball are "cheap" I hope the packers dont get that rep w with NFL players

Lol the Vikings trying to recreate UCLA's 2013 front seven. Hopefully Kenny Clark doesn't leave In few years.

Honestly I understand this offseason is typical for the Packers but I wish they would jump on a big name just once. Tired of wasted Rodgers best years with a lack of talent around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back