2016 Green Bay Packers Which key player gets injured first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the consensus on my boy Gunter. Even though he's slow and had some (really) bad days, I still want the guy out on the field on a regular basis. Gotta remember he was thrown in as the fuckin #1 cb on this team last season. Would really enjoy a situation where he was the #3

gotta admit, im worried with Rollins and Randall being the top 2 cornerbacks next year, lets hope something changes before then, but you know Thompson will be like "to hell with it"

Like, was either better than Gunter this season? Honestly

Too slow and not sure how much better he'll get then he is, I think they're all about about equal now but the other two have more potential. I like him against bigger receivers and Rollins in the slot. Randall can play outside but needs to be more consistent and not give up the big play. With the other two give them up it's due to lack of speed, with Randall its making mistakes

I don't really see how Gunter can climb any further than a dependable #3 on the depth chart. If only he had some speed to him....

Gunter went from being an UDFA to being a decent 3rd cornerback. Thats incredible. He started this year as a number 4 corner and ended up as a number 1. Clearly thats too much for him. He doesn't have the speed to be lined up across from the opposing teams best receiver.

that's one thing about the organization that irks me, they always promote from within (nothing wrong with that) but just like FA never look from outside to fill coaching vacancies. Bennett an OC? c'mon
Supposedly he was a rumored "Rooney Rule" Head Coach candidate. Packers going deep in the playoffs may have screwed him.

So what's the consensus on my boy Gunter. Even though he's slow and had some (really) bad days, I still want the guy out on the field on a regular basis. Gotta remember he was thrown in as the fuckin #1 cb on this team last season. Would really enjoy a situation where he was the #3

Like, was either better than Gunter this season? Honestly
Heck no I thought Gunter played well for what he was forced to do,he will be a solid #3 or 4

Tight bags teddy ,screwing up defensive drafts and FA ,since 2010

Hasn't even talked but to Hyde and his people or Lang

<mma4>

Nick Perry's contract: Five years, $60 million. Includes an $18.5 million signing bonus (the only guaranteed money). It also includes roster bonuses of $4.3 million in 2018 (payable the third day of the league year) and $4.8 million in 2019 (third day of the league year). Base salaries are: $1.3 million (2017), $1.9 million (2018), $5.2 million in 2019, $9.6 million in 2020, $9.4 million in 2021. There's another $5 million in per-game roster bonuses and workout bonuses.

Not bad, not bad at all. Basically a 3 year deal essentially and then I assume little dead cap on the last 2 years which you can work around with. Also the first year only have a cap hit of 5.8M.

Russ Ball is a fucking genius

Apparently Hyde has been signed by the Bills.

Browns got JC Tretter 3 years, $16.75m, $10m guaranteed

Bills got Micah Hyde $30M over 5 years, $14M guaranteed

lol Hyde got overpaid.... Good for him. Glad TT didn't match it. Tretter on the other hand Ted should've matched imo

Probably just a matter of availability with not trying to match and offer to keep Tretter.

Kinda glad Hyde is gone, especially with how he got over payed by the Bills. Him being our best DB down the stretch last year was an indictment to the defense.

I think another factor with Tretter is playing time, he'll be a starter now when he wasnt with the Packers outside of when they had injuries.

Glad that Perry is back, glad they didnt get in a bidding war for Hyde.

I was floored by Hyde's contract. Bills suck for a reason....

Barclay was resigned for 1 year, 1.3 million.

Is TT just like taking a fucking nap or something?

Would really like to see Cook and Lang resigned so we can focus on shoring up the defense that looked like a strainer trying to capture water last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back