2016 Green Bay Packers Which key player gets injured first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the right move. Honestly this will look better for him, because once he slowed down it'd get messy for him. He kinda used that all world speed to cover any issues

The Shields releasing is brutal, because it's not like he can't ball anymore. It's straight up a health issue with the concussions.

Hopefully we can get a veteran corner in FA and Randall and Rollins step up in solid number 2 and 3 roles next season. If not them, the maybe Josh Hawkins or Dorleant can have a great camp and show growth to move up in the depth chart. Those two guys actually have speed which this secondary absolutely lacks.

Its the right move and I hope Shields retire for his sake. Each time he suffered a concussion its gotten worse for him. There's report (not sure how reliable) of him still suffering side effects from his latest one, so that's some serious scary stuff going on.

Hope Capers was watching the Pats 2nd half defense because every time that the Packers would score they would give up a touchdown like 5 mins later.

Definitely the right move to cut Starks but he'll be missed, a solid contributor and team player in his time here.

The Fail Cans were playing not to lose on offense and defense and Matty Meltdown started guiding the ball after his fumble.

It's sad to see players go. I wonder how badly Starks was injured in that car wreck.

So Shields is gone now lol

47 million in cap space.....

Only 43.5 million because of 4 million in dead money. A little over 3 million is for Shields. I thought they might wait until the new League year to spread it out over 2 years but 1.5 million likely doesn't mean much and there might have been a bonus involved if he was on the roster for the new league year.

There are so many positions to fill right now that it will be a tough year.

The Fail Cans were playing not to lose on offense and defense and Matty Meltdown started guiding the ball after his fumble.

It's sad to see players go. I wonder how badly Starks was injured in that car wreck.

What? On that fumble play, the plan was to take a deep shot to Gabriel (who was open). Freeman blew the block

When they had it in the red zone, their issue was trying to do too much with the ball, and not running it. Coaching said it was because they wanted a td and didn't want to settle for a fg try. That's definitely not playing not to lose

You can say it about when they had the ball with 1 minute left. That was a joke. The rest, I'm not sure

I thought they were playing to lose based on play calls. Could've kneeled it 3x and kicked a chip shot field goal to essentially seal the game...instead they put the ball in Matty Ice's hands.

What? On that fumble play, the plan was to take a deep shot to Gabriel (who was open). Freeman blew the block

When they had it in the red zone, their issue was trying to do too much with the ball, and not running it. Coaching said it was because they wanted a td and didn't want to settle for a fg try. That's definitely not playing not to lose

You can say it about when they had the ball with 1 minute left. That was a joke. The rest, I'm not sure

Should've just scrolled and saw your post before I replied to his. I'll keep mine there and let everyone see how I don't read through an entire thread first.

How do you feel about the move?

Probably right move, the fact he got hurt the 1st game and hasnt been cleared yet is troubling. Given his prior history cant be relied on because of his health so might as well cut ties

Only 43.5 million because of 4 million in dead money. A little over 3 million is for Shields. I thought they might wait until the new League year to spread it out over 2 years but 1.5 million likely doesn't mean much and there might have been a bonus involved if he was on the roster for the new league year.

There are so many positions to fill right now that it will be a tough year.

"only" 43.5 lol

They probably cant fill every hole but they have no excuse not to make an effort at some of them this time.

gotta admit, im worried with Rollins and Randall being the top 2 cornerbacks next year, lets hope something changes before then, but you know Thompson will be like "to hell with it"

I cannot stress this enough, we need to make some signings in FA to revamp the defense. Ffs.

gotta admit, im worried with Rollins and Randall being the top 2 cornerbacks next year, lets hope something changes before then, but you know Thompson will be like "to hell with it"
Lol Randall's the Davante Adams of corners. He brings it only when he wants to, and has to be in some right place mentally in order to not brutally can it the fuck up

Speaking of that guy, I read something about how his recent ankle injury didn't let him express himself in his route running? Bruh is you serious?!?! He looks like either the biggest bitch on the field, or the toughest. Randall will never be called tough, but he's got some of that shit to him

Probably right move, the fact he got hurt the 1st game and hasnt been cleared yet is troubling. Given his prior history cant be relied on because of his health so might as well cut ties

"only" 43.5 lol

They probably cant fill every hole but they have no excuse not to make an effort at some of them this time.

Considering top players at their positions get paid between 10 and 20 million per year and draft picks will get around 10 million, they could possibly sign 2 top players if they fill the rest of the roster with undrafted free agents.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-...-2016-10/#long-snapper-jj-jansen-16-million-1

Lol Randall's the Davante Adams of corners. He brings it only when he wants to, and has to be in some right place mentally in order to not brutally can it the fuck up

Speaking of that guy, I read something about how his recent ankle injury didn't let him express himself in his route running? Bruh is you serious?!?! He looks like either the biggest bitch on the field, or the toughest. Randall will never be called tough, but he's got some of that shit to him

Come on man, Adams is legit. When he twisted his ankle in the divisional round against Dallas I knew he was fucked. Props to him for just being out there in the NFC championship game.

Randall, I don't know about him. The thing that bugged me is he flat out looked lost on the field half the time this season. At least with Adams, he never looked like a deer in headlights during his sophomore slump.

Either way I doubt Randall or Rollins brings it like Adams did in his bounce back season next year. Bring on Dorleant and Josh Hawkins.

I just listened to the McGinn Cohen packers podcast, they said "Randall talks like a premier cornerback, his play is UDFA cornerback" lol

they also said he maybe "broken" mentally always playing 10 yards off, and never admitting to seeing his mistakes.

Where's the fuckin coach to tell him to get closer than 5 yards? Wtf is Whitt doing?

Where's the fuckin coach to tell him to get closer than 5 yards? Wtf is Whitt doing?

that's one thing about the organization that irks me, they always promote from within (nothing wrong with that) but just like FA never look from outside to fill coaching vacancies. Bennett an OC? c'mon

I just listened to the McGinn Cohen packers podcast, they said "Randall talks like a premier cornerback, his play is UDFA cornerback" lol

they also said he maybe "broken" mentally always playing 10 yards off, and never admitting to seeing his mistakes.

It was before the NFC Championship game when Randall was popping off at the mouth about him having a down year like Davante, and that his bandwagon will be filled again. You don't say shit like that, lol. You just do it!

Randall talks a big game and then acts like a bitch every time he has to make a tackle. At least Rollins or Gunter dont shy away from contact. It's annoying to see that when you have guys like Jordy, Lang, Cobb and Adams busting their ass when they aren't 100%

that's one thing about the organization that irks me, they always promote from within (nothing wrong with that) but just like FA never look from outside to fill coaching vacancies. Bennett an OC? c'mon

Tbf whoever the OC is, is pretty much pointless except from a practicing standpoint. Not saying Clements or Bennett are bad coaches but unlike Capers Mike is calling the shots at the end of the day at games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back