2016 Green Bay Packers Which key player gets injured first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you would lose 4 defensive linemen and replace them with one.
Lose 2 offensive linemen and not replace them.
Lose a long snapper and not replace him.
You've lost 9, probably more who'll get better offers elsewhere. The three you would try to sign are likely to get much better offers. Even if we could get them here and get 7 good players in the draft, everybody has to turn into a cohesive unit in 4 pre season games.

- Datone has been nothing but a bust for me, he's not high on my re-sign list. Pennel got cut before the postseason because he's a drug idiot, 100% gone. Peppers is at best a situational pass rusher at this point. A 1-2M offer take it or leave it deal for me. Perry is the highest priority and 9M/year is my max. He had a damn good season but he's still has the same problem he had since coming out of the draft, dude is made of glass and that scares me. Ted will probably draft Edge with the 1-2 round pick and another in the later rounds.

- Don is absolute garbage and I would gladly see him walk. The fact that Lang didn't get an extension during the season, plus he just had major surgery means he's likely to be low on Teds' list. Every fan wants him back but that's looking slim at this point. Tretter or Spriggs would likely replace Lang next season and I could see a 4-7 round pick on O-line.

- Packers just signed a LS (Taybor Pepper) last week and another will be brought in during TC to compete. If they don't like what they see from the new guys, expect a similar situation like last season where Goode gets brought back after TC (minus injury).

- Correct most of my offers where conservative, Ted will likely offer more to keep his drafted guys. Either way the five I offered are the ones I see brought back. I don't expect Ted to make any "big splash" signing in FA.

- Expect the drafted rookies plus 20+ undrafted in TC. Several will make the roster like every year since Ted's been here.

Datone has done nothing

I'd rather see Pennel back, as the dude can play

JPep is off to the glue factory

Perry is made of glass and will get overpaid, but who the fuck else is going to rush the passer consistently? Matthews? LOL

Barclay is fuckin awful

Lang needs to stick around, since Tretter should be playing C and Spriggs isn't ready for prime time

Hyde cannot be overpaid. I'm fuckin sick of him getting toasted by athletic TE's, just as I'm sick of Joe Thomas getting toasted by everyone. They should both be Break In Case Of Emergency backups

The rest is up to Ted. That fuckface needs to start doing his job again

Don Barclay - no
Jared Cook - keep
Brett Goode - keep
Micah Hyde - keep but not overpay
Datone Jones - dont care either way
Eddie Lacy - yes but on a small deal
T.J. Lang - keep
Christine Michael - dont care, would be 3rd string max if Lacy comes back
Mike Pennel - already cut i think?
Julius Peppers - probably retired, if not no unless paycut
Nick Perry - keep
J.C. Tretter - keep

I dont want to lose Lang. Lose 2 premier players who protect Rodgers for virtually nothing in 2 years? Even when he plays hurt hes still quality

Plenty of money to spend especially if Shields and Starks get cut, lets do something with it. It boggles my mind how against Ted is with signing outside when he completely nailed it on Woodson and Peppers was good overall

How many 1st,2nd and 3rd round defensive picks that Thompson has drafted since 2011 are still on the team? I cant think of many , I ,may be wrong......

How many 1st,2nd and 3rd round defensive picks that Thompson has drafted since 2011 are still on the team? I cant think of many , I ,may be wrong......

Maybe check each draft and see who was available at the time that he should have drafted. Also look at those who were drafted before the Packers choices and see how many are still in the NFL.

Difference between Thompson and the falcons,they can actually draft defense

Beyond happy for Brady and the Pats, but man, it kind of depressed me knowing what could have been with Rodgers and the Pack after SB 45.

Difference between Thompson and the falcons,they can actually draft defense

Didn't look like the Fail Cans had any defense in the second half. Allowing TDs and 2 point conversions.

Falcons D were on the field for too damn long yesterday. The speed they have at ILB is pretty impressive.

Starks has been released. His past contributions, especially the 2010 SB run, will always be appreciated. But it is time.

Should have happened last year. Guy's a world-class person and teammate though

If anyone told me that the Packers would be in the NFC championship game when they were 4-6, I'd have written them off as crazy. I didn't think they could make it to the playoffs even if they ran the table. With all of the injuries I never thought they could run the table.

I still feel that they should have gone for it on fourth down on their first series. It was pretty obvious that the Falcons were going to score a lot of points. Even if they made the field goal it wouldn't help. Then the fumble and the game was over. I don't know why Ripkowski didn't have both hands on the ball like he usually does.
I 100% agree with all of this.

Cut Sam Shields
Will-Smith-Yelling-No-I-Am-Legend.gif

Unless they make those signings you listed...

Hope Capers was watching the Pats 2nd half defense because every time that the Packers would score they would give up a touchdown like 5 mins later.

Definitely the right move to cut Starks but he'll be missed, a solid contributor and team player in his time here.

So Shields is gone now lol

47 million in cap space.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back