Elections 2016 GOP Convention Thread

What convention bump do you expect for Trump (avg 40.4 before)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lead

/Led/ blanket
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Surprised this wasn't made yet. If someone could make the Democratic one, it would be appreciated.

wNxneUVl.jpg

Speaker list so far:
Pastor Mark Burns
Phil Ruffin
Congressman Ryan Zinke
Pat Smith
Mark Geist
John Tiegen
Congressman Michael McCaul
Sheriff David Clarke
Congressman Sean Duffy
Darryl Glenn
Senator Tom Cotton
Karen Vaughn
Governor Mike Huckabee
Mayor Rudy Giuliani
Melania Trump
Senator Joni Ernst
Kathryn Gates-Skipper
Marcus Luttrell
Dana White
Governor Asa Hutchinson
Attorney General Leslie Rutledge
Michael Mukasey
Andy Wist
Senator Jeff Sessions
Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn
Alex Smith
Speaker Paul Ryan
Congressman Kevin McCarthy
Kerry Woolard
Senator Shelley Moore Capito
Dr. Ben Carson
Co-Chair Sharon Day
Natalie Gulbis
Kimberlin Brown
Antonio Sabato, Jr.
Peter Thiel
Eileen Collins
Senator Ted Cruz
Newt Gingrich
Michelle Van Etten
Lynne Patton
Eric Trump
Harold Hamm
Congressman Chris Collins
Brock Mealer
Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn
Governor Mary Fallin
Darrell Scott
Lisa Shin
Governor Rick Scott
Chairman Reince Priebus
Tom Barrack
Ivanka Trump
Attorney General Pam Bondi
Jerry Falwell Jr.
Rabbi Haskel Lookstein
Chris Cox
Senator Mitch McConnell
Tiffany Trump
Governor Chris Christie
Donald J. Trump Jr.
Governor Scott Walker

Brock Mealer was forced off the speaking ticket, he tested positive for PEDs. I heard he had his own speaking engagement in Ciudad Suplex. Mark Hunt was too triggered to comment.

Still laughing at Antonio Sabato Jr. But just in case it's a hit, Wasserman-Schultz is prepared to snatch up Ricky Martin at a moment's notice.

I wonder if there will be protesting and get all violent, especially in the wake of the cop shootings down south, I hope not and people come to there senses.

It's going to be a circus outside the arena.

Despite the general civility on Sunday, the police are expecting the protests to intensify this week. City officials have devised plans to handle mass arrests, identifying jail facilities that could hold more than 975 people and planning to keep courts open for 20 hours daily to process cases. Hospitals have stockpiled medical supplies and prepared for convention-related emergencies.

Cleveland is bringing in roughly 2,500 law enforcement officers from as far away as California, Florida and Texas to bolster its convention-dedicated force of about 500. It is also deploying a video unit to document crowd management and police activity.

Calvin D. Williams, Cleveland’s police chief, said at a news conference on Sunday morning that the city could not be better prepared.

“We planned for almost anything and everything,” he said. “ It’s game time,” he added. “We are ready for it.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/18/us/politics/gop-convention-protests-cleveland.html?_r=0

Wonder what this week will look like.

They are also trying to ban guns. President of the police union says he doesnt care if it violates the constitution.

We are sending a letter to Gov. Kasich requesting assistance from him. He could very easily do some kind of executive order or something -- I don't care if it's constitutional or not at this point," Stephen Loomis, president of Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association, told CNN. "They can fight about it after the RNC or they can lift it after the RNC, but I want him to absolutely outlaw open-carry in Cuyahoga County

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...e-baton-rouge-security-open-carry/index.html?

There might be retired green berets there according to this quote?
Sounds kinda badass
"We've hired special forces teams for security," the group's executive director, Tim Selaty, told CNN last week, declining to specify who would provide that extra security.

What will outlawing open carry achieve? They'll just conceal carry, dummy.

This should be a very interesting and entertaining convention.

But I pray that nobody gets killed at this one. I honestly would be shocked if nothing goes down.

But I pray that nobody gets killed at this one. I honestly would be shocked if nothing goes down.

I feel like there's almost zero percent chance no innocent by-standers or cops aren't killed.

But please, SJWs, keep telling us about how it's the right wingers/Trump supporters are the violent ones.

What will outlawing open carry achieve? They'll just conceal carry, dummy.

This^^^

Open carry is for idiots anyways. All you're doing is putting a target on your back for any criminal who's up to no good. It serves no purpose other than some loser fulfilling his "wild west sheriff" fantasies.

Sorry all, I have a few questions I'd like answered.

What are these people protesting? What are their grievances?
What are they trying to accomplish?

I've searched, but all I can find as an answer is "fuck Trump". Perhaps I'm just stupid, so help a guy out please.

What we know about who is staying away and who is trashing it, it is already unusual. It is likely to be entertaining.

I too hope there is no violence. I suspect if they have a strong police presence the garden variety rowdies will be content to wave signs and chant, and that's all ok. As for the stray sociopath deciding on mass murder, there's only so much that can be done.

I've searched, but all I can find as an answer is "fuck Trump". Perhaps I'm just stupid, so help a guy out please.
I can't speak for them, but I suspect a lot of them just want to persuade people not to vote for Trump. Which as long as they obey the law is their right.

There may be some Republicans there who want convention rules changed or what not, but I am only speculating.

Fuck Trump seems like a valid enough reason to protest imo

What we know about who is staying away and who is trashing it, it is already unusual. It is likely to be entertaining.

I too hope there is no violence. I suspect if they have a strong police presence the garden variety rowdies will be content to wave signs and chant, and that's all ok. As for the stray sociopath deciding on mass murder, there's only so much that can be done.
I could see a few or even several sociopaths descending on that convention. It just seems things are that volatile to me with this BLM movement and the like. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back