2016 Goals thread.

Deadlift 200 kgs/ 440 pounds
Squat 140 kg/ 310 pounds
Bench 125 kg/ 275 (teh) pounds
Military 80 kg/ 175 pounds
Clean press 100 kg/ 225 pounds

Hopefully will hit them if I eat properly and don't keep wasting away as a listless stoner. Made some good gains this year, only to have them eroded 5-10 kg's due to dropping from 83 to 75 kg(183-165 pounds) due to the aforementioned stoner lifestyle.

• Do stuff
  • Play bass more
  • Keep squatting, cleaning, snatching
  • Maybe lose weight, or gain weight, haven't given it enough thought
  • Build a new bike
  • Don't miss a day of work again

• Deadlift 500
  • Squat 450
  • Bench 315
  • Qualify for NAS Amateur Strongman Nationals
  • Go 9/9 in a powerlifting meet

• More work on the big lifts, less on accessory exercises
    • 180kg/130kg/240kg - S/B/D
    • 90kg - OHP/Power Snatch
  • Introduce conditioning: run TB2 base block in february/march
  • 80 BJJ sessions
  • Stay in 94kg weight class
  • Regular time blocks for other hobbies (guitar, juggling, lock picking, etc.)
  • Sleep more

Threads like this make me realize how far in front my bench is compared to my other lifts.
I'm hoping to squat 405, pull 455 and bench 330. Although, where I'm at now, I'll probably hit at least 2/3 of these when I take a run at a max at the end of January, so I guess I should set some higher weight goals. :rolleyes:

Welp, I hit the 4 plate squat already but I fell short on the bench and the pull. Looks like there's still work to do this year!

175 LB OHP
250 Bench
325 Squat
400 Deadlift

Drop to 160.

mid year progress
squat 330 - No (310)
bench 225-245 - Yes (235)
deads 430 - No (375)
OHP 165 - No (140)

While at 165lbs. - No (currently 177-178)

-Run 5km in less than 25min
-Get 2-3 more Muay Thai fights and 1 no-gi tourney in, by the end of 2016 - No (1 no-gi tourney at best, no fights this year)

Plans changed, and primary focus is purely on bulking + strength development. Competing priority will be put off until 2017

Last edited:
Squat 200kg
Deadlift 220kg
Bench 130kg
SOHP 90kg

Pretty modest goals, and should be achievable by the end of 2016.

Other goals outside of lifting are to get some more savings behind me, and to spend quality time with my family.

So I'm at 195kg squat, confident 200kg is very close.

Deadlift is 210kg at present, so again, should be able to hit 220kg by year end.

Bench 130kg - done.

SOHP is at 85kg, so will see how that goes...

Mine are

Squat 240kg
Bench 170kg
Deadlift 265kg
Front squat 200kg
Overhead press 115kg

Then for some reps
Squat 220kgx3
Deadlift 250x3

Only one I'm close to is the 265kg deadlift, after hitting 260 a few weeks ago.

I have hit PR's in the other lifts but still a way off the goals for this year.

I was hoping to be consistent in the first half of the year and just get back to my old numbers but life said...

Nope-Meme-04.jpg

Things will hopefully be calmer for the next few months so my goal is still to get back to my old numbers.

Squat - 355
Bench - 215
Deadlift - 455

Squat - 207.5kg (+7.5kg)
Bench - 140kg (+5kg)
Deadlift - 235kg (+5kg)
SOHP - 95kg (+5kg)
Bodyfat - Jakt n Tan

Modest goals.

Squat - No Still at 200kg
Bench - No Currently at 137.5kg
Deadlift - Yes Currently at 235kg
SOHP - No Still at 90kg
Bodyfat - Working on it.

Still have time to go, will work on it after I'm done trying to make my veins pop out more.

I thought I posted in this... if I had it would have been (1) Stay consistent (2) Stay injury free, and (3) Actually make some progress.

In which case, (1) More or less, (2) Yes, (3) Barely.

Actually going to the gym consistently is my goal. The more time I can put in the gym on a consistent basis the more I will build my way up again. I never thought I would every make excuses, but it's difficult with a infant/toddler, having a full-time career with a 2-hour total daily commute on top of fitting in daddy time and husband time amongst other priorities. The best solution would be to sacrifice half of my garage and build my own mini gym or no longer focus on powerlifting and just work on general fitness/aesthetics.

I just noticed the above post from Jaunty and his 3 goals above is basically the same as mine.

Squat 200kg
Deadlift 220kg
Bench 130kg
SOHP 90kg

Pretty modest goals, and should be achievable by the end of 2016.

Other goals outside of lifting are to get some more savings behind me, and to spend quality time with my family.
How on earth can anyone squat that much? :-D
I am an Indian, so I have been doing Hindu squats (without weights) all my life but as soon as you add a barbell, the balance goes for a toss!

Back