2016 Goals thread.

OK. I haven't posted much since I signed up but this is good motivation .

Db bench- 50kg bells for reps.
Squat machine- 400lbs/182ish kg.
Trap bar deadlift-150kg.
200lbs+ bw without much chub (-14lbs + 14lbs)

No barbell stuff due to shoulders and back.
Broke hand a few weeks ago, surgery doubtful but possible.

They're the minimum ill stand for.

This is common? Bicep tears w/h mixed grip? I've always used mixed grip because my grip would fail with DOH, I never knew about the tears though.

When you are lifting heavy ass weight like that(in any lift) the risk goes up that you will get injured.....i believe there is a video of babyslayer going around where he was repping 800 and before he did it he said he knew "it very well be the last time because he could snap something". I think he equated it to skydiving

I wouldnt be concerned about it until you are deadlifting 650+ ok i pulled that number out of my ass but you get the gist. You will be shortchanging yourself the overall benefit of the exercise if you choose to not use a mixed or mixed hook grip.

You could probably tear your bicep with 225.

This is common? Bicep tears w/h mixed grip? I've always used mixed grip because my grip would fail with DOH, I never knew about the tears though.

No, not common. I personally only know of one person that it happened to. I may have seen a couple of deadlifts in my training lifetime.

:)

Goals: Stop being a little bitch and actually lift this year.

Goals: Stop being a little bitch
I know guys like Goggins, Brad G., and Misha have pulled huge weights using a hook grip, but I'm assuming these guys are not talking about that.

Trying to go about your deadlift career using strictly DOH grip or straps is some weak shit.

Just caught this. Goggins did not use a hook grip. No fucking idea how.

Of course, come to think of it, I have shaken hands with him. I have some idea. Freakin' monster-ass hands.

If someone is really afraid of bicep tears, why not just hookgrip?

Just caught this. Goggins did not use a hook grip. No fucking idea how.

Of course, come to think of it, I have shaken hands with him. I have some idea. Freakin' monster-ass hands.
lolwut?

Yes he did. At least at the end of his career.

He did not deadlift 900 with a straight DOH grip. It was hook.

Is that seriously a 10-minute long video on whether or not someone should use lifting straps???

Squat 525
Bench 385
Dead 660
SOHP 230

Oly lift again and
Snatch 225
C&J 310

Stabilize BW around 200 lbs but leaner

Squat 200kg
Deadlift 220kg
Bench 130kg
SOHP 90kg

Pretty modest goals, and should be achievable by the end of 2016.

Other goals outside of lifting are to get some more savings behind me, and to spend quality time with my family.

Hit a 127.5kg bench tonight, so 130kg should be very achievable for next year.

Stabilize BW back around 68-73kg

200kg DL
100kg Bench
Move up to 24kg bells for both long cycle and biathlon
Compete at least 4 times in KB sport, and do at least two PL meets in DL-only
Do some sort of grappling regularly.
Make Candidate Master of Sport in KB sport by Fall.
6 Minute mile by fall.

Are we counting non lifting goals?
Make my purple belt official this year and place at a state tourney with the youngins, not going masters since there are never enough competitors to make it worth 80 bucks and a 2 hour drive

Should add didn't get it last year, just loaded with stripes for a while

Last edited:
Are we counting non lifting goals?
Make my purple belt official this year and place at a state tourney with the youngins, not going masters since there are never enough competitors to make it worth 80 bucks and a 2 hour drive

Should add didn't get it last year, just loaded with stripes for a while

I had a blue with 3 stripes for like 5 years haha.

Back