** 2016 Election Day Discussion **

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean the competition for who can be the biggest bozo? I agree. Look at the post prior to mine. The problem, as I see it, is the ease with which social media is being subverted to exploit confirmation bias with lies and half-truths. While the Left may be more vocal on TV, on social media, the right has gone full Animal Farm double-speak and the left has no idea how bad it's gotten. Like I said in another thread, Brexit and the election of Trump are only the beginning. France will soon follow suit, and they will get a big boost in Canada the moment Trudeau makes a single serious blunder. My point is that not everyone who supports the right is an extremist, but neither is everyone on the Left. Until we find a way to come together, the extremist voices on both sides will hold sway.

So far, the ability to avoid scapegoating and spreading false propaganda seems more of an attribute of the center left, but if centrists of both sides can't somehow overcome the loudest voices with reason, nothing much is going to change anytime soon.

There are some poisonous elements to the new right, but let's face it, if the intellectual elite of the left had been able to keep their own "hounds" on a leash while addressing people's legitimate concerns (instead of developing a culture of sweeping uncomfortable, under-lying issues under the carpet), the far-right wouldn't have much ground to stand on. Their ideas are now welcomed because they seem like viable alternatives to what has been going on, and that's a rather sorry state of affairs.

What it teaches us, is that ignoring the pink elephant in the room is generally freakin' stupid, because it allows the possibility that the biggest idiot can walk into the room and point it out, and be hailed as a genius for it.

Lmao @ trumps transition team consisting of a climate change denier....

America is gonna fuckin burn, and I cannot wait to watch.
i present to you a hillary clinton supporter folks.

if you ever questioned whether or not liberals were trying to destroy the west it should be clear at this point. just look at how they are reacting when their globalist candidate, who would have helped decay western values, didn't win.

they are out there burning the USA flag and crying about how shitty americans are. these people are not patriots and have no alegiance to the USA. fuck the left

...if the intellectual elite of the left had been able to keep their own "hounds" on a leash while addressing people's legitimate concerns (instead of developing a culture of sweeping uncomfortable, under-lying issues under the carpet), the far-right wouldn't have much ground to stand on. Their ideas are now welcomed because they seem like viable alternatives to what has been going on, and that's a rather sorry state of affairs.

What it teaches us, is that ignoring the pink elephant in the room is generally freakin' stupid, because it allows the possibility that the biggest idiot can walk into the room and point it out, and be hailed as a genius for it.
I disagree about the cause. I think the carefully crafted lies and manipulation of social media would have had this effect regardless although I don't deny complacency on the Left was a serious factor. I also think the influence of the paid army of Russian trolls was greater and more far reaching than almost everyone else seems to realize.

With all the hand-wringing and gnashing of teeth, and the loud response in return, the actual reasons for the disgust over a Trump presidency have been lost.
1. Although not everyone who voted Trump is racist, misogynistic, or isolationist, a large portion of them are (20%-ish at least); they vocally supported Trump, and they will expect him to support their concerns.

2. You can go on about crooked Hillary all you like but currently it's all accusations and hearsay. The criminal activities of Trump are real, identifiable, and hopefully, soon to be proven in court yet again. When has any nominee for the presidency ever faced prosecution on federal fraud charges? Trump is due in court on November 28.

3. No matter what anyone says, you're an asshole if you try to defend "you can do whatever you want and they let you because you're a celebrity."

Sure, there are lots of good reasons to be mad at the Democrats, and lots of reasons to be mad at the Clintons if even half of the half truths are to be believed, but all the people calling liberals SJWs need to think about this for a moment, if you ask me.

i present to you a hillary clinton supporter folks.

if you ever questioned whether or not liberals were trying to destroy the west it should be clear at this point. just look at how they are reacting when their globalist candidate, who would have helped decay western values, didn't win.

they are out there burning the USA flag and crying about how shitty americans are. these people are not patriots and have no alegiance to the USA. fuck the left

I wasnt a Hillary supporter, you goon.

I want America to reap what it sows. However, I'm all for the next President after Donald rebuilding the country and fixing the mess he makes.
I just want us all to pay for electing such a clown. Even if I have to suffer a bit.

I wasnt a Hillary supporter, you goon.

I want America to reap what it sows. However, I'm all for the next President after Donald rebuilding the country and fixing the mess he makes.
I just want us all to pay for electing such a clown. Even if I have to suffer a bit.

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/119683921/

"If Hillary wins the country will become far left for the forseeable future..."

"Good, this should happen. I don't understand how someone growing up in today's day and age can be republican. "

yeah, sure looks like someone who doesn't support hillary would say

no there wasn't

there were zero riots when obama won or fake stories about blacks attacking whites (enough real ones) or school walkouts
there were riots, walkouts, media protests, fake stories about trump supporters doing bad things, when trump won

imagine a fucking school walkout because obama won???

the facts are just so overwhelmingly against you I suggest you post on another topic because anyone will destroy your shit

Well there was at least the one fake story about blacks attacking whites: there was that crazy broad who carved a letter B on her own face. This time around we've seen dozens of reports of "hate crimes" from people who decided to report it to social media rather than the police, conveniently. Thankfully nobody has gone to the extreme of disfiguring their own face yet, but let's see how far they're willing to go for the "cause".

I disagree about the cause. I think the carefully crafted lies and manipulation of social media would have had this effect regardless although I don't deny complacency on the Left was a serious factor. I also think the influence of the paid army of Russian trolls was greater and more far reaching than almost everyone else seems to realize.

With all the hand-wringing and gnashing of teeth, and the loud response in return, the actual reasons for the disgust over a Trump presidency have been lost.
1. Although not everyone who voted Trump is racist, misogynistic, or isolationist, a large portion of them are (20%-ish at least); they vocally supported Trump, and they will expect him to support their concerns.

2. You can go on about crooked Hillary all you like but currently it's all accusations and hearsay. The criminal activities of Trump are real, identifiable, and hopefully, soon to be proven in court yet again. When has any nominee for the presidency ever faced prosecution on federal fraud charges? Trump is due in court on November 28.

3. No matter what anyone says, you're an asshole if you try to defend "you can do whatever you want and they let you because you're a celebrity."

Sure, there are lots of good reasons to be mad at the Democrats, and lots of reasons to be mad at the Clintons if even half of the half truths are to be believed, but all the people calling liberals SJWs need to think about this for a moment, if you ask me.

The amount of times that I've been called a Russian troll for telling the truth about this election, has exceeded the point to where I no longer believe it to be a reasonable explanation for Trump's victory.

Neither do the racist or sexist labels hold much sway with me, considering how readily they have been dropped in the heat of conversation. These are, again, a way to sweep the more under-lying issues under the carpet and keep pretending that nothing is going on, which is what I consider to be a fatal flaw in the current liberal psyche. Liberals are no longer humbled by their lack of clear answers and uncertainty, as to whether progress will truly bring about positive change or not, but have become comfortable and cock-sure in their moral righteousness, partially due to the lack of intellectual opposition. Those who end up being the victims of "change", deserve to be cast upon the wayside as a "deplorable" kind of people. Their cries of frustration ought to be merely regarded as the last, desperate breaths of a dying animal.

The reasons for this "defeat" lie elsewhere than in racism, sexism or the Russians. There are a large number of people who do not believe that they are being fairly represented by anybody, including the establishment Republicans, and certainly not by the likes of Hillary Clinton. Electing Trump gave them the ability to show the world that they still exist. Many of these same people voted for Obama, who had promised them "change", and when this promised change did not affect their lives in a positive way, this is the result. A big, hearty "fuck you" to the established order of things.

Last edited:

One more note on polls and this bizarre election. The 2016 RCP average(Clinton 3.2) will wind up being a lot closer than 2012(Obama 0.7)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back