NCAA Wrestling

McKee won 11-9, 10-0, 11-9, 16-14 lol. Kid is a gunslinger.

Hall pins in the finals, Moore with tech for Bronze and McKee gets stuck for Silver.

Great 1st day for the USA.

So Day 2 has gone pretty well for team USA. Holy crap!!! They've been monsters. Everyone in the finals. <{dayum}>

I believe the kid Fix teched from AZE was the junior world champ last year.

I figured Fix would be at least 3rd. I figured Gable would put together a good showing. I figured Z would be in contention. But Deakin too? Holy shit.

Like I said before Mocco was the greatest HWT prospect in my lifetime and won of th best p4p recruits coming out of HS and he took 4th at JR Worlds after his senior season.

This Gable kid just teched his way to the finals and he's still a cadet is crazy.

I know HS kids can go to college opens again, any chance we see him Midlands or some other tough College Tournament?

Like I said before Mocco was the greatest HWT prospect in my lifetime and won of th best p4p recruits coming out of HS and he took 4th at JR Worlds after his senior season.

This Gable kid just teched his way to the finals and he's still a cadet is crazy.

I know HS kids can go to college opens again, any chance we see him Midlands or some other tough College Tournament?

I think right now, he'd be in contention for about 3rd at NCAAs as a senior in HS at fucking Heavyweight. That's absurd.

I think right now, he'd be in contention for about 3rd at NCAAs as a senior in HS at fucking Heavyweight. That's absurd.

He is an absolute freak. It doesnt even seem like he has matured physically yet. He seems to have an unlimited upside. I'd love to see some footage of him going with gwiz and Snyder.

I hope David Baev can get gold - he is a beast and got Bronze in the Russian Nationals this year.

And another thing that impresses the hell out of me about Gable is its pretty clear that he's far from fully developed physically. He's not a man wrestling boys (insert priest joke here) like a Verkleeren or someone like that. Once he fills out, he'll be scary.

EDIT: Looks like @jlowe and I had the same thoughts.

He is an absolute freak. It doesnt even seem like he has matured physically yet. He seems to have an unlimited upside. I'd love to see some footage of him going with gwiz and Snyder.

These are just rumors, but I've heard that Gable is competitive with both.

I must say ,I had high hopes for this team, but even I couldn't have imagined that 6 of our guys would be in the finals! What great time for USA wrestling!

Also, I'd like to get you guys' opinions on what exactly you think is going on in the waters of America that the younger generations are getting so good at Freestyle??? I can't remember a time where we've had as much success as we have the past couple of years. It's absolutely amazing and I hope we continue this upward trajectory!

These are just rumors, but I've heard that Gable is competitive with both.

I must say ,I had high hopes for this team, but even I couldn't have imagined that 6 of our guys would be in the finals! What great time for USA wrestling!

Also, I'd like to get you guys' opinions on what exactly you think is going on in the waters of America that the younger generations are getting so good at Freestyle??? I can't remember a time where we've had as much success as we have the past couple of years. It's absolutely amazing and I hope we continue this upward trajectory!
someone on themat boards mentioned it and I think there is some truth to it, bringing back cadet worlds. With cadet worlds coming back, our athletes are getting tremendous international experience at a younger age now. They're getting a taste of that success and it's driving them to want more on the junior and senior level. So now when kids are done with college and would typically be getting there first freestyle and greco tournaments under their belts since Fargo in high school, the big guns now are for more seasoned on the international styles and should start translating to more senior level success in the near future hopefully.

Back