NCAA Wrestling

Skip to 7:20. This is Penn State's wrestling announcer's call overlayed on top of the video. It's awesome to hear.

Sorry @Rebelfett

I knew Zain had it in the bag after he pinned Sorenson, even if Gabe had beaten Bo.. His dominant run at the NCAAs was the icing on the cake... Totally deserved!!!

Let there be no doubt... Zain most defiantly was suffering with the flu

Zadick and Metcalf are going to be Assistants under Dresser at ISU.

Santoro and Flynn are supposedly staying at Lehigh and Edinboro.

DSJ going to ISU as well to coach.

And Molinaro and Frayer added to VT staff.

Interesting developments. Both should definitely be positives to their programs. And Pitt continues to shit the bed and fall behind. My guess is they'll end up with Gavin as their coach (massive asshole) and I can't see him recruiting well at all.

Zadick, DSJ, and Metcalf? Aren't they all around the same weight? You'd think you'd want your assistants weight to vary so you can have guys coach the wrestler so around their weight. Still a great crop of guys.

Zadick, DSJ, and Metcalf? Aren't they all around the same weight? You'd think you'd want your assistants weight to vary so you can have guys coach the wrestler so around their weight. Still a great crop of guys.

DSJ is a little bigger but yeah, they're all middle weights.

Zadick competed at 132lbs Internationally so I think he can coach the lightweights.

And really I think their ability as recruiters is more important than rolling with guys at practice.

So happy for ISU!!! I'm glad the AD is investing so much into not only wrestling but their whole athletic program.

I wonder if ISU will be able to beat Iowa in the dual in the next few years.

DSJ going to ISU as well to coach.

And Molinaro and Frayer added to VT staff.

Interesting developments. Both should definitely be positives to their programs. And Pitt continues to shit the bed and fall behind. My guess is they'll end up with Gavin as their coach (massive asshole) and I can't see him recruiting well at all.

So I was reading some dudes on Twitter that were claiming that Pitt had an offer sheet all drawn up for Santoro which was basically a copy of th Dresser deal to bring him and his assistants to Pitt.

Then the new AD shows up, has short interview with him and doesn't give him and offer. Instead she gets on the phone with Rosselli and begs him to take the job. He turns her down and calls up Santoro and let's him know what happened so Santoro recommits to Lehigh and Flynn caught wind and recommitted to Edinboro.

This chick fucked up royally if all of that is true.

They do have Bono coming in for an interview but from I've read it will be hard to get him away from SDSU. And the alumni are now pushing for Hahn.

So happy for ISU!!! I'm glad the AD is investing so much into not only wrestling but their whole athletic program.

I wonder if ISU will be able to beat Iowa in the dual in the next few years.

I think it can happen eventually but based on last seasons results they may be a few recruiting classes away from that.

So I was reading some dudes on Twitter that were claiming that Pitt had an offer sheet all drawn up for Santoro which was basically a copy of th Dresser deal to bring him and his assistants to Pitt.

Then the new AD shows up, has short interview with him and doesn't give him and offer. Instead she gets on the phone with Rosselli and begs him to take the job. He turns her down and calls up Santoro and let's him know what happened so Santoro recommits to Lehigh and Flynn caught wind and recommitted to Edinboro.

This chick fucked up royally if all of that is true.

They do have Bono coming in for an interview but from I've read it will be hard to get him away from SDSU. And the alumni are now pushing for Hahn.

I read something similar but not the Roselli part. I read she reached out to Ryan (whom she hired previously) asking for advice on who would be a good candidate. When there was that layover, both Flynn and Santoro pulled out faster than me in a fatty.

I think it can happen eventually but based on last seasons results they may be a few recruiting classes away from that.

They've always had the talent in the room but some of them haven't seem to be able to breakout. Harrington returns next year and I hope the new staff can finally get him to peak and AA.

Looks like Pitt hired Keith Gavin. Weak hire compared to their other candidates.

THM hates Gavin, that's for damn sure. He does seem like an ass though.

Back