NCAA Wrestling

One of the best inside trips in NCAA history.

Coming into the season I was curious too see how Joseph's overhooks would matchup with Imart's underhook and after the dual and Big10's I thought Imart was decently ahead of Joseph despite the close scores.

Joseph seemed to have so much more confidence in the Finals like someone flipped a switch in his brain.

ovXqjOo.jpg

How he not only hit the trip but then jumped over mid-fall to land on the side was really gorgeous. Even Fix watched that one in awe.

How he not only hit the trip but then jumped over mid-fall to land on the side was really gorgeous. Even Fix watched that one in awe.

I lived Hall's interview after the semis where he said "Hopefully my mom will stop telling me to cut to 165 now" lol

Wrestling mom's are fucking nuts

Me: What's for dinner?
Mom: What did you weigh after practice? You have a meet tomorrow.

This happened more than I'd care to admit. I was texting back and forth with her through the whole tournament. I think she only missed one session.

Me: What's for dinner?
Mom: What did you weigh after practice? You have a meet tomorrow.

This happened more than I'd care to admit. I was texting back and forth with her through the whole tournament. I think she only missed one session.
I'm laughing at this. My youngest is 11 now and has wrestled since he was 5......his mom is on top of his eating during wrestling season.

I lived Hall's interview after the semis where he said "Hopefully my mom will stop telling me to cut to 165 now" lol

Wrestling mom's will be all nice and sweet....until their kid is on the mat. Then they turn into some tyrant.

Coming into the season I was curious too see how Joseph's overhooks would matchup with Imart's underhook and after the dual and Big10's I thought Imart was decently ahead of Joseph despite the close scores.

Joseph seemed to have so much more confidence in the Finals like someone flipped a switch in his brain.

ovXqjOo.jpg

Didn't he hit an inside trip to win in the quarters and semis, or am I imagining things?

Penn State has #2, #3, #4 recruits in the class in Teasdale, Whitlake, and Bravo-Young. Sheesh man.

I'm laughing at this. My youngest is 11 now and has wrestled since he was 5......his mom is on top of his eating during wrestling season.
Wrestling mom's will be all nice and sweet....until their kid is on the mat. Then they turn into some tyrant.
People ask me to explain what wrestling moms are.. I tell them to imagine the most intense soccer mom or dance/cheerleader Mom.. and that wrestling mom's would eat them for breakfast

ovXqjOo.jpg

I am in the background when Martinez goes to his back. I won't say where though hahahahaha

People ask me to explain what wrestling moms are.. I tell them to imagine the most intense soccer mom or dance/cheerleader Mom.. and that wrestling mom's would eat them for breakfast
Absolutely. Especially if they think their kid got a bad call on the mat.

Just something interesting that I read but rumors are swirling that Teasdale is second guessing his Iowa commitment. I'm guessing he finally came to terms with the fact that he's a small person and won't be a 133/141lber in college.

:D

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...ling-championships-reaches-8-million-viewers/

Championship Finals Draw More Than 750,000 Viewers
The NCAA Wrestling Championships Finals (March 18 at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN) delivered an average total live audience (TV + streaming) of 753,000 viewers, up 12% from last year’s Championship Finals (March 19, 2016). The 2017 Championship Finals audience is the largest for the sport’s final night in the last four years and is the fourth most-watched on record.

Three-Day, Six-Session Championships Experience Year-Over-Year Growth
ESPN’s entire presentation of the NCAA Wrestling Championship — six sessions across the three days — averaged a total live audience of 314,000 viewers, up 24% from last year. Similar to the Championship Finals, the 314,000 viewers, on average for each session, is ESPN’s best in the last four years.

Additional NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships Highlights:

• Every Mat, Every Match Audience Grows: ESPN3’s every mat, every match coverage continues to grow in popularity, as ESPN’s streaming audience increased in each of the individual six sessions for both average minute audience and total minutes watched compared to last year’s event. This is best demonstrated by Saturday night’s Championship Finals, which experienced a 21% increase in streaming average minute audience year-over-year. Additionally, fans streamed more than 3,700,000 minutes of action during the Championship Finals, also an increase of 21% over last year.
  • Local Markets: Columbus was the top-rated market, drawing a 1.6 local rating. Pittsburgh (1.4), Philadelphia (1.0), Oklahoma City (1.0), and St. Louis (0.9) round out the top 5 local markets.

Read on themat that Cael has Rey Higuchi coming to NLWC.

That will be huge for lightweight recruiting

Back