NCAA Wrestling

Look forward to seeing Dake and Taylor as our reps at 74 and 86 for years to come.

Taylors got to be number 3 now after this weekend

1.Sadulaev
2.Selim Yasar
3.Taylor

Sadulaev vs Taylor is going to be interesting.

Sadulaev is too strong physically. And I don't think it's a very good matchup stylistically. Taylor comes forward and likes to attack, I don't think that's the way to beat Sadulaev. Think you have to slow the pace and hope to somehow win a couple edge/push out battles.

Yeah but I think that might be because Taylor broke him.

I can see Russians showing up at the World Cup but Iranians competing in Iran?

Definitely agree that Taylor broke him with his size and pace. It's one thing to push 74kg guys around with his under hook and another thing entirely to do it to 86 guys, he will need to change his style or improve his anaerobic conditioning. Either way, Sadulaev doesn't have much to worry about.

Definitely agree that Taylor broke him with his size and pace. It's one thing to push 74kg guys around with his under hook and another thing entirely to do it to 86 guys, he will need to change his style or improve his anaerobic conditioning. Either way, Sadulaev doesn't have much to worry about.

Is he staying at 86 now? Was really hoping to see him against Snyder.

Good performance by Iran and USA. Very compliments!
The young Russian team has big quality.

Good performance by Iran and USA. Very compliments!
The young Russian team has big quality.

Are you Russian?

If so, what part of Russia is Viktor Rasadin from? Is he Buryat, Yakut, etc? He looks like he's half Slav and half Asian. I like him very much! He doesn't look very old either. I remember a few years ago Flo had a feature on Russian nationals and some of his match was featured.

Also, this is going to sound harsh but I am just so sick of Ramos at the international level. He is just not a good freestyler at all. Why don't they ever give anyone else a shot??? Can't wait until guys like Micic and Lee are able to take international serious. Heck throw Mega in there, he's transitioning to Freestyle nicely!

Last edited:
Also, I want to know you guys' opinion on Dake. We really haven't seen much from him on the international scene with all the injuries the guy has had, but I've got to say he is the biggest "What If" for me. He wrestled valiantly against Cox who went on to take bronze in Rio and we know what happens when he squares off with Taylor. Let's also not forget about his victory over Tsargush which is a tall task to accomplish and teching Dieringer recently is nice as well. If he get's past Burroughs I see 74 wide open for him with Yazdani and Geduev at 86 now.

Are you Russian?

If so, what part of Russia is Viktor Rasadin from? Is he Buryat, Yakut, etc? He looks like he's half Slav and half Asian. I like him very much! He doesn't look very old either. I remember a few years ago Flo had a feature on Russian nationals and some of his match was featured.

Also, this is going to sound harsh but I am just so sick of Ramos at the international level. He is just not a good freestyler at all. Why don't they ever give anyone else a shot??? Can't wait until guys like Micic and Lee are able to take international serious. Heck throw Mega in there, he's transitioning to Freestyle nicely!
He's Italian and usually talks shit about the US lol. We must have wrestled well for him to be nice lol

Also, I want to know you guys' opinion on Dake. We really haven't seen much from him on the international scene with all the injuries the guy has had, but I've got to say he is the biggest "What If" for me. He wrestled valiantly against Cox who went on to take bronze in Rio and we know what happens when he squares off with Taylor. Let's also not forget about his victory over Tsargush which is a tall task to accomplish and teching Dieringer recently is nice as well. If he get's past Burroughs I see 74 wide open for him with Yazdani and Geduev at 86 now.
Dake will beat Burroughs imo, and I expect him to medal.

I think this played a factor. I believe this was his first big time match up at 86 and Taylor is finally tarting to look like a regular sized 86. Alot of extra weight to push around.

OSU/PSU today!!! How do you guys have?

Suriano WBD Picc 3-0 PSU
Brock WBM Carpenter 4-3 OSU
Heil WBM Gulibon 8-3 OSU
Retherford WBD Collica 8-6 PSU
Nolf WBM Smith 9-8 PSU
Rogers WBD Joseph 11-9 OSU
Hall WBD Crutch 12-11 PSU
NIckal WBM Boyd 16-11 PSU
Weigel WBD McCutcheon 16-14 PSU
Nevills WBD Shafer 19-14

133 could be a fall. Heil never gets bonus but I have a feeling he is going to beat up Jimmy today. 197 could go either way and, to a lesser degree, HWY as well. The 165 match is probably most interesting. I wouldnt be surprised if Rodgers gets a fall or if Joseph wins.

Gilman, Fix, Lee, Nato are the future at 57 kg. Ramos is pretty infuriating, doesn't have much offense.

Back