NCAA Wrestling

DT also beat the Olympic Bronze Medalist from Georgia. Feeling much better about Worlds without Cox now.

Truthfully, I think Cox/DT is a 50/50 match. No result would really surprise me outside a complete Cox blowout as he's not much of a point scorer.

I think USA lines up with the Azeris quite well. Think they can take 5-6 matches.

Truthfully, I think Cox/DT is a 50/50 match. No result would really surprise me outside a complete Cox blowout as he's not much of a point scorer.

Perry was a nice win for him too. He medaled at Yarygin last year.

I'd still favor Cox, don't think he's reached his potential. His movement and footwork is so good.

Honestly think he has the ability to beat Sadulev

Perry was a nice win for him too. He medaled at Yarygin last year.

I'd still favor Cox, don't think he's reached his potential. His movement and footwork is so good.

Honestly think he has the ability to beat Sadulev

It was actually Medved he medaled at which is still a very huge accomplishment.

USA v IRI
57 - Ramos vs. Rahimi - obviously favor Rahimi
61 - Steiber vs. Ehsanpoor - tight one but Steiber with a slight edge
65 - Tank vs. Nasiri - Slight edge to Nasiri since Frank isn't wrestling his best.
70 - Green vs. Hosseinkhani - another close one. Lean Green. Looking too good right now.
74 - Burroughs vs. Yarahmadi - Burroughs clear
86 - DT vs. Yazdani Charati - I mean you have to favor the Oly gold medalist even at a weight down even with how good DT looks right now.........right?
97 - Snyder vs. Mohammadi - Clear Snyder
Fatties - Rey vs. Ghasemi - Ghasemi via fatality

4-4 on my card. 4 extremely close matches though IMO.

Looked like Gwiz got introduced. Doesn't change anything. Ghasemi is too good.

Rahimi over Ramos 6-0. No surprise there. Is Ramos really the best we can do @ 57? Definitely our biggest hole.

That's it, dominant first four matches by Iran. Their positioning is so sound, they treat us like little boys with those underhooks.

So in 4 matches, Taylor beats 2 Olympic Gold Medalists (one by fall and one by tech) and a Junior World Champ.

DT's win was huge! He wore out Yazdani. To be fair, Yazdani is new to the class. Great tournament for him though. All comes down to Gwiz.

Back