2015 NFL Draft Discussion, v1

I work so much it's the only position I really have time to sit down and scout. I've been pretty spot on the last few years. Think I hit pretty well with Teddy, Mettenburger & Manizel (huge waste of a pick). I liked Bortles too, but the book is still out on him.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that Jameis has NFL talent as well. People get too hung up on his off the field stuff, which is stupid and immature, not criminal, so it can be easily fixed.

Please no. He was invisible in the one big game - at least by Finebaum's opinion - Bama had this year.

Take the pass rusher that falls. Hopefully it's Shane Ray.

That should tell you everything about Finebaum's knowledge of the game he is paid millions to cover.

It also tells us your knowledge that you actually care about his opinion.

Hearing that the Rams arlikely to stay LApostropheEl Collins. If they do that, I'm hoping they take the risk on DGB in the second or third.

That trade would be bigger than the rg3 deal because the Bucs need a qb bad.

Mariota is not a plug and play QB. Got a hard time believing most teams dont see that.

There's not a lot of us that called Manziel garbage and Winston quality.

Most said Manziel was a can and/or could/would struggle to adapt his style

Doesnt seem like anyone denies Winstons potential. His talent is pretty obvious, hes a very good pocket passer and can move around well there. But his off field stupidity in what should be his showcase and on field decision making regressions are absolutey concerning.

Shit i meant take not stay. But Yeah if the rams go with La'el Collins or any OL in the first round, i hope they take Dorial Green Beckham in the second round. The rams really need a true number 1 WR and the draft is the only place they'll find one right now. I know there's also a hole at QB, but the only QB in the draft that inspires any confidence in me is Winston and it's a pipe dream to think that he'll fall to number 10.

Rams need a QB that isnt a can.

Rams need a QB that isnt a can.

Not gonna find one in the draft. Should have just let Austin Davis take the reigns for a whole season.

Some scenarios i thought of were signing Bradford a 1 year incentive laced contract for maybe 3 million or go after Sanchez for a year, but help doesn't seem to be on the way in next year's draft either. I wouldn't mind going after backups like Cousins or Barkley.

Shit i meant take not stay. But Yeah if the rams go with La'el Collins or any OL in the first round, i hope they take Dorial Green Beckham in the second round. The rams really need a true number 1 WR and the draft is the only place they'll find one right now. I know there's also a hole at QB, but the only QB in the draft that inspires any confidence in me is Winston and it's a pipe dream to think that he'll fall to number 10.

Collins would be a great pick for STL.

Collins is one of my top targets for the Jets at #6.

Collins is one of my top targets for the Jets at #6.

If Winston/Mariota isn't an option or costs too much, Collins or Stanley would be pretty good options for you guys. Sucks that you'll have to roll with Geno/Vick for another year but at least you can still build up the team for another QB.

If Winston/Mariota isn't an option or costs too much, Collins or Stanley would be pretty good options for you guys. Sucks that you'll have to roll with Geno/Vick for another year but at least you can still build up the team for another QB.

I never really wanted either QB for the Jets tbh. I wouldn't be pissed if we got one, but I always preferred OL, Cooper, or Edge Rusher.

Geno isn't the ideal option but I'd rather roll with him than any of the FAs or non-Winston/Mariota draft options.

Geno finished with a better QB Rating than Derek Carr. I still think he has talent. Just a matter of if it clicks mentally. Consistency is the big thing with him.

I prefer using 1st Round picks on the trenches. QB/OL/DL.

I agree that Geno has talent. He just needs the right HC and OC in place to give him a system that will reign in his aggressiveness a little bit. I dont think any QB will succeed under Rex Ryan.

Geno sucks. Better QB rating by less than 1 point over a rookie, while having more talent around him, and throwing 8 less TDs and 1 more interception.

I agree that Geno has talent. He just needs the right HC and OC in place to give him a system that will reign in his aggressiveness a little bit. I dont think any QB will succeed under Rex Ryan.

Yeah I mean he's not the next Aaron Rodgers, but I feel like people pile on him too much. He has the tools to be a quality NFL starter. He has legitimate arm talent. But obviously needs to be much more consistent in his decision making. When things go bad for him they tend to spiral out of control (much like Sanchez...which leads you to wonder how much of that is coaching).

And I agree, I'm interested to see how he does in a new system. I love Rex but he literally knows nothing about QBs/offense. And the Jets have obviously had below average talent at the skill positions over his two seasons. Horrible place for a rookie QB to come in and develop. That's why I was hoping they'd bring in an offensive minded HC (although it doesn't sound like they will).

Geno sucks. Better QB rating by less than 1 point over a rookie, while having more talent around him, and throwing 8 less TDs and 1 more interception.

Wasn't meant as a dig at Carr. Just think 10/10 would have answered Carr if you asked which of the two had the higher QB Rating.

And Carr threw 600 times. Only 367 for Geno. I think Geno had a slightly higher TD/ATT.

Stadium is also a factor. Much harder to play quarterback in MetLife stadium than California.

Wasn't meant as a dig at Carr. Just think 10/10 would have answered Carr if you asked which of the two had the higher QB Rating.

And Carr threw 600 times. Only 367 for Geno. I think Geno had a slightly higher TD/ATT.

Stadium is also a factor. Much harder to play quarterback in MetLife stadium than California.

Not taking it as one, just stating my opinion. Geno hasnt progressed at all, despite a massive upgrade of talent.

You can make the stadium argument, I can make an, imo stronger one, with Geno having a far better run game to play with.

His play alongside Decker and that run game is inexcusable, imo.

I never really wanted either QB for the Jets tbh. I wouldn't be pissed if we got one, but I always preferred OL, Cooper, or Edge Rusher.

Geno isn't the ideal option but I'd rather roll with him than any of the FAs or non-Winston/Mariota draft options.

Geno finished with a better QB Rating than Derek Carr. I still think he has talent. Just a matter of if it clicks mentally. Consistency is the big thing with him.

I wasn't a fan of him in college and haven't really seen much out of him in the Pros to make me think he'll be more than a backup after his successor takes over. That being said, he probably is better than any option out there unless Cutler can be had for a reasonable price.

If they don't get one of the top 2 guys, no reason to draft another QB in the first 4 rounds IMO. Taking a shot on a late round guy is fine, but no other rookie should realistically be more than a developmental guy.

Back