2015 Freestyle/Greco-Roman (International) Wrestling Discussion

Well Cox won the tournament in impressive fashion and is headed to Rio. Molinaro had a rough bracket and is off to Turkey for the last shot at qualifying

Cox tore through that bracket.
For US nationals, I chickened out of picking Cox to win the weight division - I was hesitant on the weight cut and fell into the trap thinking he'd get caught in a gut or leglace sequence. Man, was I wrong.

Hopefully, Molinaro gets it done in Turkey. Gor also beat Cal Poly's Novachkov.

Giorgi Ivanov qualified Bulgaria at 74kg/163lb. He wrestled at Boise St, prior to that at Nebraska-Omaha - was on the team when their fuckstick of an AD cut the team, citing they wouldn't be able to field a competitive DI squad.

These qualifying tournaments are messed up.
No seeding.
Uneven number of competitors on each side of the brackets.
Still using the same carrying through system.
And for the women, only the 2 top finishers qualify but there isn't a true 2nd match. That doesn't make sense.

Cox tore through that bracket.
For US nationals, I chickened out of picking Cox to win the weight division - I was hesitant on the weight cut and fell into the trap thinking he'd get caught in a gut or leglace sequence. Man, was I wrong.

Hopefully, Molinaro gets it done in Turkey. Gor also beat Cal Poly's Novachkov.

Giorgi Ivanov qualified Bulgaria at 74kg/163lb. He wrestled at Boise St, prior to that at Nebraska-Omaha - was on the team when their fuckstick of an AD cut the team, citing they wouldn't be able to field a competitive DI squad.

These qualifying tournaments are messed up.
No seeding.
Uneven number of competitors on each side of the brackets.
Still using the same carrying through system.
And for the women, only the 2 top finishers qualify but there isn't a true 2nd match. That doesn't make sense.
Is run by Russians and Mafia, is normal. Unseeded and unbalanced brackets also let "more" countries qualify and medal which looks good to the IOC. Or something like that

Yeah Molinaro has Gor, who was a medalist at 70, on his side, and some Russian who wrestles for a different country now also on his side
Yes Adam Batirov, the brother of a 2x Olympic champ world champ from Russia (of course). He hasn't won the big ones like his bro but he is apparently a 3x Ivan Yarygin champions which is pretty huge. He wrestles for Bahrain now. He won his weight class.

Yes Adam Batirov, the brother of a 2x Olympic champ world champ from Russia (of course). He hasn't won the big ones like his bro but he is apparently a 3x Ivan Yarygin champions which is pretty huge. He wrestles for Bahrain now. He won his weight class.

He is a hell of a wrestler, I was very impressed with him in Mongolia. His highlight is sweet.

Russian freestyle wrestling camp (Dagestan).
Nice Greco cross training at 23:00.
There are also pro mma fighters.

I say good for him. I think he acted a little over sensitive, but I am not in his position and don't know all the details. I am interested to see how a Iowa guy does training with someone else. I would love to see Metcalf leave and train somewhere else.

Some big matches at UWW Juniors today. Yesterday Yianni D lost, today should be action packed.

Edit: Cenzo Joseph pins Joe Smith

Last edited:
Vincenzo Joseph pins Jojo Smith and Valencia and his only loss was to Hall.

Next year PSU could have murders row of

149- Zain
157- Nolf
165- Joseph
174- Hall
184- Nickal

Also the Sophomore Gavin Teasdale made the finals and lost a close 6-5 decision to Fix.

149- Zain
157- Nolf
165- Joseph
174- Hall
184- Nickal

Also the Sophomore Gavin Teasdale made the finals and lost a close 6-5 decision to Fix.

Add in Cassar at 197 if he decides to stay at PSU

149- Zain
157- Nolf
165- Joseph
174- Hall
184- Nickal

Has Hall enrolled yet?

Back