2015 Freestyle/Greco-Roman (International) Wrestling Discussion

He definitely beats out Gadisov?
That's weird, unless they have someone to go behind Sadulev. That doesn't make sense for the Russians. They usually make sure they have the person in who has the best chance of winning in each weight.

Hence why they kicked out a 3x World champ in Tsargush because they thought the other guy had a better chance to beat Burroughs

The real question is, because there's been hints about it, how will the Russian doping scandal effect everything. And will testing be more serious and intensive because of the scandal

That's weird, unless they have someone to go behind Sadulev. That doesn't make sense for the Russians. They usually make sure they have the person in who has the best chance of winning in each weight.

Hence why they kicked out a 3x World champ in Tsargush because they thought the other guy had a better chance to beat Burroughs

The real question is, because there's been hints about it, how will the Russian doping scandal effect everything. And will testing be more serious and intensive because of the scandal

Why would they think the other guy had a better shot against JB when Tsargush is the only non American to ever beat him?

Hence why they kicked out a 3x World champ in Tsargush because they thought the other guy had a better chance to beat Burroughs.

Tsargush got 4th last year at Russian nationals. That tournament is harder than World's or Olympics IMO. Just brutal. Tsargush didn't win in 2012 but they sent him anyway. I imagine he will be sent regardless next year. Gedeuv is fucking tough and he gave Burroughs a hell of a match, but I feel you have to send Tsargush

Why would they think the other guy had a better shot against JB when Tsargush is the only non American to ever beat him?
Because Tsargush beat Burroughs on one leg and legitimately hurt everybody knows it.
Gedulev has come much much closer to legitimately beating Burroughs both times they wrestled. The first match at the Alexandr Medved tournament was as close as the one at worlds.

Yes Tsargush losses to Burroughs were close. But looking at it as a coach evaluation all 5 marches involved. I think Gedulev matches up better

Tsargush got 4th last year at Russian nationals. That tournament is harder than World's or Olympics IMO. Just brutal. Tsargush didn't win in 2012 but they sent him anyway. I imagine he will be sent regardless next year. Gedeuv is fucking tough and he gave Burroughs a hell of a match, but I feel you have to send Tsargush

That might have been true when it was the Soviet Union but I'm not sure it's still true.

Schultz headlock
You can actually see Mark Schultz teach his and his brothers Front Headlock of you have a Flowrestling Pro account. Type in Mark Schultz on the search bar then click on videos at the top of results and you should find it

People keep flipping out about the Stieber match or saying that this is just typical of the American weakness and lack of diversity in attacks. I'll be the first to say the US needs to add more upper body. But I'll also say the same thing that my college coach said, "even if you have no intention of ever winning a championship in freestyle, you still need to wrestle Freestyle in the off season to learn how to finish shots in correct position and with good fundamentals, or you'll get countered"

Yes Stieber needs to add more offense than his low double but he needs to stop his head from coming through and keep his forehead in the side of his opponents knee and cut the corner. And if you know the chest wrap is coming and have been hit with it multiple times...freaking adjust!

UWW still has plenty of issues and I'd like to see some adjustments with rules etc. But the Americans complaining about not understanding the rules which are obnoxiously and awesomely simple now, with passivity calls being made and forcing action, need to chill

And the people whining about freestyle being all counters...get your offense better

I'm agree!
;), despite our disagreements, I know you at least understand wrestling and don't try to say a wrestler isn't technical because he doesn't always use upper body techniques or throws

In fact now that we've finally gotten our kids believing and executing the fundamentals, we have been incorporating an overtie/overhook series and the kids love it.

Back