2014 Wimbledon discussion

Well, I'm glad Djokovic isn't going to completely fold. Come on Fed.

I'm going to be so mad if Federer loses

Prime Federer would have finished Djokovic in 3

Too bad. Congrats to Djoker. He needed a GS win.

It's a good thing Djokovic won after losing so many finals, it was getting embarrassing.

joaquin phoenix is roger federer

Fuck! If he woulda lost to Murray, Del Potro or someone else ok, but not djokobitch!

Never understood why Djokovic has so many haters.

As a Fed fan, I'm still just happy we got to see him make it back to the championship match one more time, let alone take the world #2 (not by much) to 5 sets.

With Nadal and Murray winning the titles lately, it's easy to forget just how dominant Djoker was just 2 years ago, but for my money, Nole's still the strongest player in Tennis.

Never understood why Djokovic has so many haters.

Probably irrational hate. I don't think he's a bad guy or anything but I always root for him to lose. He's a great player and has a sense of humor but it'd take multipel sub 3rd round GS losses for me to start rooting for him.

As a Fed fan, I'm still just happy we got to see him make it back to the championship match one more time, let alone take the world #2 (not by much) to 5 sets.

With Nadal and Murray winning the titles lately, it's easy to forget just how dominant Djoker was just 2 years ago, but for my money, Nole's still the strongest player in Tennis.

I'd love to see Federer win one more GS and retire. Preferably Wimbledon, but winning the US Open would also be a nice retirement. He's old, and while he still smashes many great players, and is very capable of making it to at least QF, it'd be nice to see him retire on 1 more victory

I'd love to see Federer win one more GS and retire. Preferably Wimbledon, but winning the US Open would also be a nice retirement. He's old, and while he still smashes many great players, and is very capable of making it to at least QF, it'd be nice to see him retire on 1 more victory

Personally, I'm more than content with the 2012 Wimbledon at 30 years old, almost 31, and then the Olympic Silver Medal at 31.

If you watch Tennis for long enough, you eventually have to just accept the harsh reality that it's truly the one sport where you simply just can't do much of anything to combat youth. It's not like Basketball, Baseball, or even MMA, where you constantly see guys adjusting to loss of athletic ability and fast-twitch muscle. In the game of Tennis there really isn't much you can do to compensate for that.

And at 32, and in the midst of the most loaded talent pool in ATP history, with 2 of the most dominant champions ever, right in the middle of their primes... It would truly be nothing short of a Mt. Everest for Fed to somehow steal another one, imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back