2014 NBA Off-Season Thread, v9: This is what a GOAT rebuild summer looks like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping AD makes it through a full season this year if he does that will make a huge difference. The West is too loaded the Pelicans are still a year or two away.

I too have this image of AD as injury prone but he did manage to play all but 15 of 82 games last season. On paper, that lineup is like a young rich man's version of the Grizzlies but with added length inside and skill on the wings.

Are people sleeping on the Pelicans this season? I just remembered they got Asik. They could field one of the best defensive starting 5s in the entire NBA:

F - Anthony Davis
F - Tyreke Evans
C - Omer Asik
G - Jrue Holiday
G - Eric Gordon

The only obvious weakness in that lineup is outside shooting but their sixth man is Ryan Anderson
Dat youth and athleticism.

Ryan Anderson injury was huge too. Gordon kind of scares me, he's been prone to injury throughout his career, and they lost Jrue Holiday to season-ending stress fracture surgery. Talent isn't the issue with NO it's staying healthy.

Ryan Anderson injury was huge too. Gordon kind of scares me, he's been prone to injury throughout his career, and they lost Jrue Holiday to season-ending stress fracture surgery. Talent isn't the issue with NO it's staying healthy.

Tru dat

lols galore @ Cliff Paul being so buttrustled over perceived racism when he insisted on only playing for black coaches

Hoping for a Clips implosion myself so next year's pick is in the lottery.

When does the Rondo trade watch start? no way they go with a Smart/Rondo backcourt after they locked up the cornerstone of their franchise Avery Bradley.

Lmao cornerstone is thrown around way too loosely these days.

lols galore @ Cliff Paul being so buttrustled over perceived racism when he insisted on only playing for black coaches

Has anyone asked him how the head of the players union could be so oblivious to Sterling's racism despite claims from players like Boom Dizzle?

Are people sleeping on the Pelicans this season? I just remembered they got Asik. They could field one of the best defensive starting 5s in the entire NBA:

F - Anthony Davis
F - Tyreke Evans
C - Omer Asik
G - Jrue Holiday
G - Eric Gordon

The only obvious weakness in that lineup is outside shooting but their sixth man is Ryan Anderson

Wonder if Tyreke will ever learn how to shoot even half decent. He's a pretty beastly defender and unstoppable going to the hoop.. but as long as he needs to dominate the ball, can only score going towards the hoop he'll never truly settle into a reliable SF or SG slot unless he becomes a defense first guy. He's still best used at PG at this time..he hasn't developed much beyond who he was his rookie season only now the league adjusted to him. Kings tried him everywhere and he always ended up at old number 1. I can't believe how he has progressively got worse as the years go by..the league adjusted to his game and now he has no identity. It seemed the confusion only grew in New Orleans.

I do wish the Kings kept him though. Seems too soon to give up on a guy that is really just a decent jump shot away from being potentially all star material and is still only 24.

I think the pressure got to him. The Maloofs put the franchise on his back the second he got drafted...

Lmao cornerstone is thrown around way too loosely these days.

551570451.gif

When does the Rondo trade watch start? no way they go with a Smart/Rondo backcourt after they locked up the cornerstone of their franchise Avery Bradley.

Who knows? Rondo's value is pretty low right now and Ainge's asking price is pretty high for him.

So you're telling me that the "they're so brave!" and "they came together and rose above racism!" stories were a sham?

This shit still annoys me

Nobody called Doc and the players out on their bullshit, to the best of my knowledge. Even mah boy Simmons was like "Doc should be sportsman of the year!11".... and yet, when I heard the news about the whole Donaldo situation, I was like "well no shit, I've been reading Simmons articles for years, I know this guy is a racist piece of shit"

If I decided to work for a Klansman, and I knew he was a Klansman, and he got exposed for being a fucking Klansman... well then how the hell can I protest it. How can players claim they had no idea he was a piece of shit, when I was well aware

It really does annoy me

and Rondo is underrated as all hell right now. I hope he somehow sticks around

He's nuts but he's fucking good

Yea the Flerps' reaction has rustled me a bit as well. They speak out when it's convenient

Has anyone asked him how the head of the players union could be so oblivious to Sterling's racism despite claims from players like Boom Dizzle?

Donald-Sterling-Baron-Davis-Heckling.jpg

Word is that Chris Kaman got heckled worse than anybody over the years by Sterling, so he's an equal opportunity heckler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back