2014 FIFA World Cup thread, v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bribery aside, as far as complaints about temps go, can't Qatar build closed stadiums with AC? I'm sure it would cost a ton more, but clearly money isnt an issue

I think that's the plan (not sure if they will have a roof or not)- no Idea how they will work, and I'm sure energy efficiency will be terrible. They can ship in their slave labour from India and Bangladesh, so at least they will make savings there.

What about for when the teams want to train? 32 A/Ced training centres as well? How about the fans?

There is no sense or justification to hold an athletic sporting event in the middle of a desert, anyway you look at it.

ROFL

FIFA just introduced time-outs

ref will be able to stop the game for a minute or so, 2-3 times during the match cause of the expected large temperatures in Brasil

i think this has more to do with introducing commercial brakes in middle of the games, than FIFA caring about players safety.

How dare you say that all FIFA leaders care about is money!

Bundesliga refs are already allowed for 1 drinking timeout per half in high temperatures

Bundesliga refs are already allowed for 1 drinking timeout per half in high temperatures

is it only for the ref or?

this is planned to be in effect for every player on the field
ref calls a time out, and everyone stops

Rvp hit by a kite surfer wtf lol not like they are invisible and hard to see

New Nike ad

[YT]Iy1rumvo9xc[/YT]

so, who gives a shit? they bribed their way to hosting the WC

and those games will be atrocious - you cant play properly at 40+C temperatures
even playing in brazil will be challenging..

FIFA and UEFA need to die
exempt from all taxes? non profit organisations? what a fucking joke
they hold more power than governments themselves

my point is, ppl should have been up in arms about this years ago when the decision was made. Pissing and moaning about it now is just too little too late!

What time is England kickoff on west coast this Saturday?

ROFL

FIFA just introduced time-outs

ref will be able to stop the game for a minute or so, 2-3 times during the match cause of the expected large temperatures in Brasil

i think this has more to do with introducing commercial brakes in middle of the games, than FIFA caring about players safety.

The Indian cricket board did a similar thing in the IPL. They call them "Strategic Time Outs", even though everyone knows they just brought them in to sell even more advertising.

my point is, ppl should have been up in arms about this years ago when the decision was made. Pissing and moaning about it now is just too little too late!

They were. Qatar came from absolutely nowhere to win it. Oil money was pretty much pretty much accepted as the only reason they got it, as it's certainly not their rich footballing history. Russia at least has a decent one, for all their other faults.

All 2,208 World Cup Goals, By Minute Scored

ygpner1rxrhxuvco1tfp.png

They were. Qatar came from absolutely nowhere to win it. Oil money was pretty much pretty much accepted as the only reason they got it, as it's certainly not their rich footballing history. Russia at least has a decent one, for all their other faults.

Agreed. 2022 should be in 'Merica.

Too right, it's fucking laughable. What's worse is Blatter claiming that it's 'racist' to make these claims of corruption about Qatar.

In what world is calling somebody corrupt, racist? Did anyone make a racial slur, or were these comments completely confined to 'we suspect someone's been giving back-handers out'? Yep, so there is nothing racist whatsoever about this and it's sickening how often the race card is played these days - it's like people have forgotten what racism actually means.

Anyway, 2014.
Argentina got dis, baby.

Brazil don't impress me;
Italy even less so;
Germany, good shout;
Spain, obvious favourites but too obvious, IMO.
England, haha....just no.
France - no chance.

Messi, Aguero, Di Maria, Higuaian are gonna be way too much fire-power for these defences to handle. They'll concede a lot, sure, but they'll outscore anyone and will beat Spain in the final. Stuck some money on it earlier!

Finale:

1.Argentina (winner)
2.Brazil

Bronze match:

3.Germany (winner)
4.Spain

Book it.

My crazy prediction for this World Cup is only one European team (Germany) will make the semis.

The latest FIFA gem:

They're forbidding the public from using a special walkway/ramp leading to Maracana and restricting it only to officials and their guests. This ramp was taxpayer-funded, cost $49 million, and goes over a 4-lane highway.

Don't have a link for this in English, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back