2014 FIFA World Cup thread, v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
bit weak sauce considering the last world cup was in africa with no issues but clearly racist right

gonna be trouble if they try to take the cup away after the blood money has been paid. could be a lot of fun.

His Daily Show notes on the last World Cup still crack me up.

Also, he killed it as Professor Duncan in Community.

Blatter's declared that the fuss is just racism. Well, good to know. Not that he knows anything about racism, given the complete lack of urgency in dealing with that sort of thing from the top of FIFA.

if anyone doesnt care about brown people its blatter

Eh, I've seen several clips of his new show and it isn't nearly as sharp as The Daily Show's. Not sure if that's because of their respective writers or hosts or both.

After over a decade, I think people are kinda tired of Stewart but that doesn't mean his stuff isn't still great. I'm one of the few people that likes him over Colbert. Colbert is too uber ironic sometimes and doesn't get serious.

Anyway, FIFA are massive assholes, everyone's realizing this now. I'm very happy the Revoke Qatar's World Cup Movement is picking up momentum.

Stewart's only funny when he has stuff written for him. When he ad libs and goes into that whiny voice, I have to mute the television. It's never funny. And unless his guest is involved in politics, those segments suck major balls. His interviews with actors and actresses are terrible.

Just my opinion.

I'll be glad when FIFA gets with the times and finally allows replay on some calls.

If they do end up having the 2022 World Cup in America, they better bring back Diana Ross.

If I was paralyzed from the waist down, I still could make a better kick than that.

Jesus. They strong-armed the Brazilians into overturning their alcohol at matches ban. If any country doesn't need booze at games, it's Brazil. Well, England too...

An alcohol ban in the entire country (like some Muslim countries) I could understand causing problems. But just in the stadium?? I'm sure they could set up bars right outside and have people getting sloshed there.

Anyway, Ghana beat the snot out of Korea 4-0. Ghana looked real good. The US better start thinking about taking points from Portugal.

why cant Blatter just do he decent thing and drop down dead

IMO, they may as well just stick to the original plan to hold the World Cup in Qatar. Aren't they already building stadiums???

Talk about shutting the gate after the horse has bolted. These recent protests are too little, too late! The wheels are already in motion, cancelling now would probably be more of an upheaval.

IMO, they may as well just stick to the original plan to hold the World Cup in Qatar. Aren't they already building stadiums???

Talk about shutting the gate after the horse has bolted. These recent protests are too little, too late! The wheels are already in motion, cancelling now would probably be more of an upheaval.

Therefore letting both parties off the hook?

If found guilty both parties need to be shat on from a great height.

What about all the other countries who bid? England's FA spent several million pounds on their 2018 bid- I'm sure USA, Australia etc did the same for 2022.

Honestly, I would love to see a mass boycott of a world cup- it's the only way the scum bags at FIFA will learn.

so, who gives a shit? they bribed their way to hosting the WC

and those games will be atrocious - you cant play properly at 40+C temperatures
even playing in brazil will be challenging..

FIFA and UEFA need to die
exempt from all taxes? non profit organisations? what a fucking joke
they hold more power than governments themselves

Bribery aside, as far as complaints about temps go, can't Qatar build closed stadiums with AC? I'm sure it would cost a ton more, but clearly money isnt an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back