2013 Pontiac Trans Am.

philth

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'll let this fantastic commercial do the talking...

so as you can tell, they use modern day camaro's and turn them into [fugly] modern day screaming chickens. just a tad less ridiculous then the people who body-kit modern day mustangs into classic mustangs.

here's some more info..
http://www.transamdepot.com/index.html

(and the mustangs if you don't believe me)
http://www.retrobuilt.com/index.htm

Nice. They even preserved the burning chicken on the hood.

Ginos all over Wood-a-bridge will be relieved that this car is coming back.

[that's ^^^ an inside GTA joke]

I always liked the Trans Am in Billy Madison.

Funny stuff but there should have been at least one burnout.

Nice. Trans Ams were always one of those cars I don't see how someone with a Y chromosome couldn't like.

When i was watching the video i was thinking it was a camaro ripoff. Only to read the truth later in the TS's OP. Anyways the car looks like shit. Last car Pontiac made worth mentioning was the G8.

I'd rather just restore a 1980 Trans Am. I think this new one is a little too blocky and dodge charger-esque.

pk, i have come to the conclusion that i want to bang out all 3 girls in the commercial.

the hood is ridiculous. but i like the idea of this car. i would never buy it but i would kind of like seeing that stupid bird on a car again. why not.

where are the IROC-Zs now?

Last car Pontiac made worth mentioning was the G8.

Because it wasn't really Pontiac, it was/is a Holden (Commodore I believe) that GM re-badged and brought over from Australia.
I really liked the G8 and I wish it had been better received than it was. It was everything the NA manufactures were missing at the time, a fun and powerful RWD manual sedan.

also, to the people not aware of this, GM killed off Pontiac in 2010.

Because it wasn't really Pontiac, it was/is a Holden (Commodore I believe) that GM re-badged and brought over from Australia.
I really liked the G8 and I wish it had been better received than it was. It was everything the NA manufactures were missing at the time, a fun and powerful RWD manual sedan.

also, to the people not aware of this, GM killed off Pontiac in 2010.

Chevy is bringing in the SS in the fall, which is another Holden Commodore being rebadged.

Not a fan of the screaming chicken, as it evokes the Burt Reynold's Smokey and the Bandit movies. The latest iteration of the Camaro looks good, but driving it is a different story. It feels like you're sitting in a bathtub. The hood is long, the body feels wide, and the blind spots suck.

I liked the Trans Am F-body over the Camaro Z28, as I thought the styling and interior looked better.

Last edited:
I had a 98 trans am and a 2000 trans am ram air both with a LOT of work. Sadly got rid of both and cut my mullet off.

I've been seeing these conversions for years now. Not a cheap venture though.

Ginos all over Wood-a-bridge will be relieved that this car is coming back.

1286531162354.gif

That was a pleasant surprise.

I actually dig the body design, more so than the actual Camaro's.

Back