200 Push Up Challenge

BigJohn1795

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I've done a little research on an upper body workout for endurance training and strength building that also works in discipline. It's the 200 push-ups a day challenge. Has anyone done it? What were your results? Currently I'm on 60/200. I'll start back shortly. I want to use this post as my training log. Tomorrow I'm gonna work in ab work and body weight legs. Legs will most likely be squats. I want something simple that will help me stay in shape while working other things. I believe this will be the best for my busy schedule too.

So what's the challenge? Just to do 200 push-ups?

So what's the challenge? Just to do 200 push-ups?
Yeah man that's it. 200 a day. If you're in good shape then 300. In high school one of my friends did like 100/day over summer break and came back fairly cut

Also like I said it's a discipline thing even if you don't do the 200. It takes discipline to workout everyday

No rest days?
Some methods say yes. Some say no. It seems like it's used a lot as a jump starter or for potential military cadets. I'm not military so idk, I work in Fire and EMS. The common trend I'm seeing is of course sets. I'm doing 20sets of 20reps. Some people are doing 10 sets of 20 and some are doing 50reps per sets.

Do yourself a favor; buy one of those doorway pullup bars. You can get them for $20-30. It sounds like a good idea for the type of workout yohre describing. Ive done many pushup/pullup/squat circuits when too busy to get to the gym.

Do yourself a favor; buy one of those doorway pullup bars. You can get them for $20-30. It sounds like a good idea for the type of workout yohre describing. Ive done many pushup/pullup/squat circuits when too busy to get to the gym.
I actually have one but it won't fit in my door right but I do have a pull up bar that's outside. Just until today my state has been iced over so I gotta figure out some way to use it elsewhere

I just finished number 100 of 200 for today's group. Still not bad. I'm a little tired and sore but not horrible. Tomorrow may be another story and if so I'll adjust accordingly

If you train every day why would you only do pushups?

At what cadence?
Whatever standard is. It's nothing special just a standard push up repeated 200x in a 24 hour period. It's just to keep the body going on busy days where you can slip it in here and there. Some days you may not get 200. Last night I only got to 140. Some days I may never hit it up. I'm gonna try to get to the gym and actually lift but working 24 hour shifts at the fire house will cut into a 4-5 day a week routine of going to the gym. I can slip in body weight exercises whenever and wherever at the station.

Back