$200 billion California budget deal rejects health care, tax breaks for undocumented

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
California turning its back on immigrants? They are denying the divine spark as Nancy Pelosi would say. Broken promises.

Gov. Jerry Brown and Democratic legislative leaders struck a $200 billion budget deal on Friday that rejected two proposals that would have expanded access to health care and tax breaks to undocumented Californians.

One of the two proposals aimed at helping low-income, undocumented residents that did not make the cut would have offered Medi-Cal coverage to undocumented young adults and seniors. Earlier this year, legislative Democrats wanted to open the program to all undocumented residents at a cost of more than $1 billion a year.

Brown and lawmakers also rejected an Assembly proposal that would have allowedundocumented residents to receive the state Earned Income Tax Credit. The credit is available to households earning less than $22,309 in adjusted gross income.

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article212824734.html#storylink=cpy

Yeah, allocating billions to aide illegals does seem like an asinine political move. California has the model down pretty well -- illegals are great because they do shitty work for shitty pay keeping the PPP down for everyone else so they pay them lip service gratitude but fuck giving them real handouts.

California is growing on me.

Good.

I’m 100% in support of not giving special priviledges to illegal aliens. They can use that money to deport them.

Back