2 SWAT officers suspended for responding to shooting

Suspend them and give them bonuses for not being cowards

Must be a serious violation because that is the same punishment you get for shooting an unarmed civilian.

THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS THAT DON'T MAKE SENSE AND THE MSM WILL NOT DISCUSS ABOUT PARKLAND.

Cops can't win. When they are being shitty assholes the public calls them out. When they are trying to save lives their own call them out.

Would like to know the safety issue they created. I understand that you can't go in there and be Rambo because you'll make a lot more problems than you'll fix, but if they are getting suspending as collateral damage because the Department is trying to do damage control for its PR problems, then there is an issue. Would like to know more.

This would be more appropriate for you:

headInSand.gif

Makes sense. Once cops arrive on scene how do they know who's a swat member trying to help and who's a psycho trying to kill kids.

Makes sense. Once cops arrive on scene how do they know who's a swat member trying to help and who's a psycho trying to kill kids.

So...let more kids die?

So...let more kids die?

Not really sure want the answer here is it's a dangerous situation all around. Maybe they save kids, maybe they don't and end up dead with fatherless kids out there. It's just a shitty situation and I really don't know what the solution is.

Which proves my former point:

headInSand.gif

Would like to know the safety issue they created. I understand that you can't go in there and be Rambo because you'll make a lot more problems than you'll fix, but if they are getting suspending as collateral damage because the Department is trying to do damage control for its PR problems, then there is an issue. Would like to know more.
The safety issue is that the responding officers on duty might have mistaken them for the killer.

So, ironically, the potential safety issue couldn't possibly have existed because the officers who were supposed to be doing their jobs weren't doing their jobs while these guys were. Wrap your head around that.

Problem also is that there is not a uniform policy between departments on what exactly to do in these active shooter situations. Different agencies often get involved and every local cop available also comes by ready to "get some". This is the reason why I don't support arming teachers. Can you IMAGINE the uproar when a black teacher gets accidentally shot by SWAT or regular cops, cause he was brandishing a legal weapon(to kill bad guys in his school) and the cops couldn't distinguish? The media would have field day. OR, and this is more likely(cause the odds of a school shooting occurring are rare)...students getting in a fight, teacher attempts to break it up, gets assaulted and pulls out his/her weapon and actually shoots students in self defense. Or is attacked by a student, gets overpowered and does a Zimmerman on the kid. Or teacher goes Dirty Harry on a real active shooter and accidentally blasts a shitload of students. Ooops...These are all things that could happen by arming teachers imo. Too much room for error. This is why we pay cops/armed security to guard schools. Better training and wearing a security /cop uniform can distinguish bad guy from good guy.

Back