2 ko loss under cordeiro

Not as much the age, more to do with Werdum blatantly fighting recklessly. He started tucking his head and swinging wildly against a younger longer guy and got KOd seconds after.

There was no reason for him to do that. He was winning the fight. Just had to compose himself for a few more minutes.

I agree with this gangster here.

Age and bad habits. Namely, swinging wild with his chin in the air.

And cordeiro is good offensive striking coach but guys under him tend to throw defence to the wind.

Werdum is old, no doubt about that.

But he wasn't KOed because he was slow or because he was fat. Both KOs were the result of recklessness, which is the kind of thing coaching could encourage or discourage. I don't really blame the coach, I'm just saying it's a valid item of discussion. It's almost like Werdum has gotten too comfortable with his striking.
He got reckless because he realized he was gassing out badly and tried to finish the fight while he had something left, didn't worked for him though.

Cordeiro turned the guy from a BJJ guy to a competent striker. Go fuck yourself TS

He got reckless because he realized he was gassing out badly and tried to finish the fight while he had something left, didn't worked for him though.

Maybe. It's certainly plausible.

But then why did he get so reckless against Stipe? His recklessness in that fight opens up the possibility that Werdum has developed a tendency to lose discipline when striking.

Maybe. It's certainly plausible.

But then why did he get so reckless against Stipe? His recklessness in that fight opens up the possibility that Werdum has developed a tendency to lose discipline when striking.
I did watch that sequence about 20 times, some people disagree with me but i think Werdum thought he had Miocic hurt, and then tried to finish him, turns out Miocic wasn't really hurt even though Werdum did connect two strikes, that was really a move of stupidity by Werdum part.
Against Volkov, i think it was more of a gas issue.

Cordeiro turned the guy from a BJJ guy to a competent striker. Go fuck yourself TS
textbook chute boxe blitz

IYB6XVb.gif

He's just old man, can't blame the coach

Werdum went from Damian mai level striking to standing with Overeem and Cain, + koing Hunt

All under Master Rafael

I agree. Werdum is what, 40, with well over a decade of fights at the highest level, with heavy hitters.

is it time for werdum to trade up?
I don't think alot of sherdoggers, like what ur proving, comprehend that someone of the two has to lose in a fight.
to say he has to change coaches after the huge improvement in muay thai he had which resulted in winning the UFC belt is simply ignorant.
Would the other guy have to change coaches to if he lost too?

Ok, I get it, u aw him get KO'ed twice. The man is 40, wrap that around ur head for one sec, and think about how many very physically demanding sports you've seen 40 year olds compete on the highest level. Not very many, I assume.

Father time is undefeated, and b-hop was the most testing of his limits until he was punch flying outside the ring.

is it time for werdum to trade up?
nah

he rushes in and gets too complacent

that's his own fault
his fight iq differs from fight to fight

Back