2 ex strongman - 1 fight. Pudzianowski vs Tyberian headlines KSW Colosseum

PudzianFighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
C6N1NsLWgAA2ffK.jpg

Mariusz Pudzianowski (10-5, 4 KO, 2 Sub) vs Tyberiusz Kowalczyk (3-0, 2 KO, 1 Sub)

The anticipated clash of two of the most decorated Polish strongmen turned mixed martial artists co-headlines the monumental KSW Colosseum event on May 27th. At the Warsaw’s National Stadium former 5-time World’s Strongest Man Mariusz Pudzianowski (10-5, 4 KO, 2 Sub) faces his long-time foe Tyberiusz Kowalczyk (3-0, 2 KO, 1 Sub) in the spectacular heavyweight showdown.

The undefeated in MMA, “Tyberian” has amassed a short, but very impressive resume in MMA. The 38-year-old giant needed just the combined four minutes to dispatch all of his three opponents as he knocked out Tomas Vaicickas, Akop Szostak and submitted Tomasz Czerwiński. At the biggest MMA event in Europe Kowalczyk vows to knock out Pudzianowski inside the first round.
Much more experienced Pudzianowski has been one of the most recognizable Polish athletes for the last decade. The 40-year-old built a respectable record in MMA of ten victories in sixteen professional fights, including wins over former UFC fighters Sean McCorkle, Oli Thompson, Rolles Gracie as well as Judo Olympic champion and Pride veteran Paweł Nastula.

kswpge_en.jpg

Last edited:
Can't find any fight footage of Kowalczyk.
This is the best I got:

Well I expected a better opponent but hell, why not? They were supposed to be fighting a couple of years ago and it didn't work out at the end, so you could say that they have some unfinished business.

Damn, Pudz looking old.
We would all have some wrinkles if we were strongmen as long as him, struggling and grimacing to lift all that weight lol. I know he isn't in his 20's but still ..
Also good for him for finishing 6 of his 10 wins.

yeah as masculine as polish culture is it's amazing how many homoerotic promos KSW does. Pudz ripping off Pupek's shirt was odd.
79a058bfff8dce220898981aab09c13bd14d3591.jpg
My eyes! My eyes! aaaaagh!

Back