~2.5 years out of lifting, what to expect? (Previous maxes provided)

In the type of program you're using, keep adding the weight they advise until you stall consistently.

Any chart that ranks my bench press as elite is completely fucked. My bench sucks. I have been out-benched by guys I have coached two and three weight classes down.

Elite just means competitive powerlifter level.
Just because lighter guys have out benched you doesn't mean you suck at bench. Not many 75 kilo guys are benching 145 for example.

Elite just means competitive powerlifter level.
Just because lighter guys have out benched you doesn't mean you suck at bench. Not many 75 kilo guys are benching 145 for example.

Elite should not mean "competitive powerlifter". It should mean the cream of the crop of competitive powerlifters. It should mean the top couple if guys in the nation. Otherwise it's not "elite" at all.

Elite should not mean "competitive powerlifter". It should mean the cream of the crop of competitive powerlifters. It should mean the top couple if guys in the nation. Otherwise it's not "elite" at all.

At one point in time i think it did, just alot more strong mofos nowadays.

At one point in time i think it did, just alot more strong mofos nowadays.

Not really. Just a lot of guys using gear on standards that were set before the use of suits, shirts etc, and a lot of new watered down standards.

Back