2.5 Minutes to Midnight

• Thread starter Deleted member 220895
  • Start date
The Doomsday Clock is still a thing?

We've been on the cusp of destruction since they created that thing.
That's because these kind of things give no credit for positive human achievements. We are near doomsday because of things like climate change which could force massive changes in population distribution and food production--resulting in a decrease in standards of living, increased infection rates for fatal diseases and probably even a negative effect on life expectancy.

But why aren't they constantly moving the clock away from doomsday as the developing world--particularly the 40% that lives in China and India--continues, almost without interruption, to increase their standards of living, their literacy rates, their immunization rates, their access to quality health care and, not surprisingly given all that, their life expectancy? Do things like research into genetics, the ability to create artificial food sources, nanotechnology, increased battery life and cost per megawatt of power generation ever have an effect on this thing? If so, we ought to be in a lot better shape than we were 20 or 40 years ago.

Weren't the keys already supposed to be gone? And the Maldives? The "scientific consensus" hasn't been great with their predictions so far, but plenty of money has been made off the panic.

Now I wonder if this title was referring to the same thing.

10-to-midnight.jpg

It's globalism that's causing conflict, pollution, and mass exploitation like we've never seen before.

right. there was perfect harmony when we had powerful and prideful nation-states.

"when trade doesnt cross borders, armies will."

remember that wandy. write it down.

It's more of a doomsday calendar now with the inclusion of climate change.

I'm not saying climate change isn't a problem. It just seems odd including it in the doomsday clock.

Last edited:
right. there was perfect harmony when we had powerful and prideful nation-states.

"when trade doesnt cross borders, armies will."

remember that wandy. write it down.

Look at those sweet pre-1945 numbers:

ourworldindata_percentage-of-years-in-which-the-great-powers-fought-one-another-1500%E2%80%932000.png

But that was a time when men were men and weren't afraid of speaking their mind. Now we got these weak cucks afraid of stepping on others' toes.

The result? A bunch of limp wrists living into their 80s instead of dying in a battlefield at 19 like anyone with a pair of balls would do.

Look at those sweet pre-1945 numbers:

ourworldindata_percentage-of-years-in-which-the-great-powers-fought-one-another-1500%E2%80%932000.png

But that was a time when men were men and weren't afraid of speaking their mind. Now we got these weak cucks afraid of stepping on others' toes.

The result? A bunch of limp wrists living into their 80s instead of dying in a battlefield at 19 like anyone with a pair of balls would do.

I'm assuming that doesn't take proxy wars into account.

Got my tix for the pit in front of the stage for Iron Maiden and Ghost already.

It's gonna be glorious, boyos.
Maiden is the GOAT live band, seen them well over 10 times throughout the years. I will be getting my tix in the next couple days. \m/.....(*o*)......\m/

It seems it is now. Doomsday clock, Russian boogeyman, next thing liberal teachers will be having kids doing duck and cover drills at schools.

It seems it is now. Doomsday clock, Russian boogeyman, next thing liberal teachers will be having kids doing duck and cover drills at schools.
Could you imagine if Russia hacked that clock and turned it ahead a minute or two? Gosh!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back