2:30am at a 7-11 in 1987(VIDEO)!

Hell yeah!

Man, when I was a kid in the late 80s and early 90s I was just goddamn OBSESSED with martial arts. And I think it was The Karate Kid which kicked that off.

Most of us 70's babies/80's kids got in to martial arts from Bruce Lee movies and Kung Fu theater which was before the Karate Kid.

But the Karate Kid had all of us 80's kids trying to do that Crane Kick! LOL

@MusterX showed me this a little while back.

Awesome video. It's cool to see the interactions. It really made me want to get in a time machine and go back to 1987.

I wonder how many people in that video were enrolled in a karate class because they were still high on The Karate Kid's release just one year earlier.

It was a completely different world in the 80's. You have to love the 7-11 employee smoking a cig in the back of the store. Nobody said shit, nobody cared.

Yes. Yes, they were.

People have rose coloured glasses about the past. Remembering the good times, glossing over the bad. It’s what we do.

People have rose coloured glasses about the past. Remembering the good times, glossing over the bad. It’s what we do.

I don't know about all that but I am old enough to remember the 80's in great detail and the world before the internet and cell phone explosion was not at all like the world of today. It has fundamentally changed us.

I don't know about all that but I am old enough to remember the 80's in great detail and the world before the internet and cell phone explosion was not at all like the world of today. It has fundamentally changed us.

Sure things are different, but people often remember things wrong. Just for example, If you asked most people who are middle aged, like me, if they think things like teenage pregnancy, drug use by teens, and violence by teens have gone up or down since they were a teenager, most people would say up. But they would be completely wrong.

It’s just one of those things. We all remember the past fondly and focus on the negatives in the here and now.

i more amazed by the fact he gave the clerk a dollar for that big ass slurpee and still got change lol.

I think we're the same age. Sure technology has changed us but I think people forget just how retarded the average person was 35 yrs ago.

Other than watching guys like Patrick Ewing stay 4 years in college, virtually everything else was shittier in the past.

The french girl was kinda cute. I wonder what she looks like now in her 50's? lol

I think we're the same age. Sure technology has changed us but I think people forget just how retarded the average person was 35 yrs ago.

Other than watching guys like Patrick Ewing stay 4 years in college, virtually everything else was shittier in the past.

I'm not sure you can say, "Everything else was shittier in the past." I'm not sure you can say that. I'll tell you this about it. The snowflake SJW types of today would get their asses kicked in my neck of the woods back in the 80's. I mean you are talking this was a time when just like on the video, the employees were smoking in the store. My first desk job had an ashtray on the desk when I arrived. People still smoked on airplanes until the late 80's.

Let me tell you something that was different compared to now. I have 3 kids, one of them graduated high school, the other in high school and then a younger daughter so I've had a close up view of the current public school system and how its run. I'm telling you straight up they wouldn't know what to do with my group of friends and my generation. We did smoke in the boys room, about 15 at a time. My wife's high school had an actual smoking area for the students, let that shit sink in. Drugs were dealt out of the lockers. Fights were daily and there were no police in the school, the coaching staff usually dealt with it.

When I was 16 I already had a car and a job and Friday night for my group was maybe going to the local lake and drinking beer or cruising down Forest Lane which is the name of a street thousands of teens and young 20's cruised on the weekends, drinking, fighting, and picking up girls. I just don't feel any similarity between 1985 and 2015. I could give you tons of examples like that. The two time periods are, in my experience, diametrically opposed.

The french girl was kinda cute. I wonder what she looks like now in her 50's? lol

1989 to 2019 would be 30 years so yea, she was probably only 18 or 19 in the video so I would guess she's probably 47ish now.

I'm not sure you can say, "Everything else was shittier in the past." I'm not sure you can say that. I'll tell you this about it. The snowflake SJW types of today would get their asses kicked in my neck of the woods back in the 80's. I mean you are talking this was a time when just like on the video, the employees were smoking in the store. My first desk job had an ashtray on the desk when I arrived. People still smoked on airplanes until the late 80's.

Let me tell you something that was different compared to now. I have 3 kids, one of them graduated high school, the other in high school and then a younger daughter so I've had a close up view of the current public school system and how its run. I'm telling you straight up they wouldn't know what to do with my group of friends and my generation. We did smoke in the boys room, about 15 at a time. My wife's high school had an actual smoking area for the students, let that shit sink in. Drugs were dealt out of the lockers. Fights were daily and there were no police in the school, the coaching staff usually dealt with it.

When I was 16 I already had a car and a job and Friday night for my group was maybe going to the local lake and drinking beer or cruising down Forest Lane which is the name of a street thousands of teens and young 20's cruised on the weekends, drinking, fighting, and picking up girls. I just don't feel any similarity between 1985 and 2015. I could give you tons of examples like that. The two time periods are, in my experience, diametrically opposed.

My high school had a smoking area and my locker partner was a drug dealer, so I pretty much know what you are talking about. I agree that the SJW scene rustles my jimmies and that there would be a lot of ass kickings of epic proportions if you dropped their asses in my high school in the 80s. Keep ing your mouth shut and staying out of people's business used to be a valued behavior.

OTOH - it was also a race to the bottom. A competition of just how stupid and aimless could you be. I was nerd athlete in school (think Louden Swain). On one hand I liked hanging out on the basketball courts, doing track and wrestling, and at the same time I did want to write the math contest tests. There was no overlap between the two.

The big difference that I see is that even the sports kids now see that being smart and educated is useful. My nephew was a big athlete in high school and now plays college football. He knows how to use a computer and wants to work in tech. 30+ yrs ago he would have had no goal other than to crush empties against his forehead.

My daughter is now in high school and your smoking is their generation's vaping. She says that she doesn't even use the bathrooms during lunch or between classes because they are a fog of vaping vapors.

Don't get me started about smoking. Restaurant, planes, at work, and in cars (!!). It all sucked.

Sure things are different, but people often remember things wrong. Just for example, If you asked most people who are middle aged, like me, if they think things like teenage pregnancy, drug use by teens, and violence by teens have gone up or down since they were a teenager, most people would say up. But they would be completely wrong.

It’s just one of those things. We all remember the past fondly and focus on the negatives in the here and now.

I completely agree. there were 3 non-smokers in my grade 6 class. Comparing my daughter's grade 8 class to my own is hilarious. There were like 3 smart kids in our class and the rest were virtually retarded.

Anyone ride the subway in NYC in the 80s? Let's not forget this ...

Gf2YFYBbo7yNYKGNSJ5PHsttEZnj28RsuKKXPSdAtf0.png

One thing is for sure, you will always be shitty therealderp.

My high school had a smoking area and my locker partner was a drug dealer, so I pretty much know what you are talking about. I agree that the SJW scene rustles my jimmies and that there would be a lot of ass kickings of epic proportions if you dropped their asses in my high school in the 80s. Keep ing your mouth shut and staying out of people's business used to be a valued behavior.

OTOH - it was also a race to the bottom. A competition of just how stupid and aimless could you be. I was nerd athlete in school (think Louden Swain). On one hand I liked hanging out on the basketball courts, doing track and wrestling, and at the same time I did want to write the math contest tests. There was no overlap between the two.

The big difference that I see is that even the sports kids now see that being smart and educated is useful. My nephew was a big athlete in high school and now plays college football. He knows how to use a computer and wants to work in tech. 30+ yrs ago he would have had no goal other than to crush empties against his forehead.

My daughter is now in high school and your smoking is their generation's vaping. She says that she doesn't even use the bathrooms during lunch or between classes because they are a fog of vaping vapors.

Don't get me started about smoking. Restaurant, planes, at work, and in cars (!!). It all sucked.

Perception is a mother fucker. What you view as "sucked", I may view as awesome. This was before the big brother surveillance state set up post 9/11, it was before social media, it was a time when you could get into some shit on a Friday night and nobody was there to whip out a cell phone and put you on YouTube. I could go on and give so many different examples of how different it was and what you think sucked, I wish we could go back to.

Perception is a mother fucker. What you view as "sucked", I may view as awesome. This was before the big brother surveillance state set up post 9/11, it was before social media, it was a time when you could get into some shit on a Friday night and nobody was there to whip out a cell phone and put you on YouTube. I could go on and give so many different examples of how different it was and what you think sucked, I wish we could go back to.

I had a great time in high school and would not change anything if I were to do it again. Just don't feel the need to cherry pick and say "things were better in the past".

You don't have to be on social media.

As for post 9/11 surveillance, are you more more afraid of the gov't now or the social stigma of being anything different in a smaller town in the mid-80s in middle america? Think about middle america and what life would be like in a smaller town if you were an atheist, or LBGT. The world is much more open to ideas now. If you're worried about SJWs influencing public policy now then you would have been worried about retards like Gary Bauer in the 80s.

I had a great time in high school and would not change anything if I were to do it again. Just don't feel the need to cherry pick and say "things were better in the past".

You don't have to be on social media.

As for post 9/11 surveillance, are you more more afraid of the gov't now or the social stigma of being anything different in a smaller town in the mid-80s in middle america? Think about middle america and what life would be like in a smaller town if you were an atheist, or LBGT. The world is much more open to ideas now. If you're worried about SJWs influencing public policy now then you would have been worried about retards like Gary Bauer in the 80s.

I'm not saying its better or worse as an absolute in all things. I'm telling you that we as a people are fundamentally different now than we were then. As far as being afraid, the government is always #1 on that list. Always. My point though was not to say everything was better then compared to now, my point is that we were changed with the advent of high speed internet and smart phones and a lot of people don't even realize it. That's just one example though, there are so many. There is no comparison between the world I experienced in the 1980's compared to the world I experience now.

Back