1980s Rock/Metal Music

One of my all-time favorites, HSAS's Through The Fire - Sammy Hagar, Neal Schon, Kenny Aaronson, and Michael Schrieve. Although the album didn't sell much at all upon release, there's some great stuff - especially what is now referred to as "the trilogy" - Animation, Valley of the Kings, and Giza:

Van Halen covered a lot of guys when he was starting out, especially Clapton.

claiming Van Halen was nothing more than a 'Tommy Bolin rip off' is funny.

Van Halen covered a lot of guys when he was starting out, especially Clapton.

claiming Van Halen was nothing more than a 'Tommy Bolin rip off' is funny.
I was talking about the band in general not Eddie himself.

Guns & Roses,Testament,Pantera,Flotsam & Jetsum,Metal Church,Lizzy Borden..just a few good ones m8. @ShinkanPo

Last edited:
Some of the worst fashion sense, but the music was the best.

oh yes I think some fashion statements where overboard, but love it or hate it I feel that the 80s is really distinct its either distinctly good or bad, I guess 80s epitomizes that rock and roll lifestyle of excess and being loud!.

Keep up the suggestions guys all have posts have been very good thanks!!

Good choice

I love Alex Scholnicks solo on Practice what yeah preach!
When he left the band for a bit his replacement was James Murphy and while he isn't Alex Skolnik he still is an incredible player.Listen to the solo on Trail of Tears!Rips it up...enjoy m8☘

The video is laughably bad and some people consider it the worst music video ever...but I like the song even as cheesy as it is

And if your interested theres this little documentary about Thor

I watched that movie, pretty good rock doc.

Absolutely loved them as a real young lad..cool pal!Which one ?Do yous know?Cheers.

His name was Corey Daum, but I think his stage name was different. He played with them in the late 80's and early 90's. Tragically, he died in a car accident about 10 years ago.

His name was Corey Daum, but I think his stage name was different. He played with them in the late 80's and early 90's. Tragically, he died in a car accident about 10 years ago.

Aw sad to hear that

Right on man Corey James was his stage name.He was the second Lizzy Borden guitarist killed in a car accident.Sad shit that.Cool he made it to the "fairly"big show before being killed.I mean they weren't huge but still a well known,national act.Cheers pal.

Some of the worst fashion sense, but the music was the best.

Hey man speaking of bad fashionistas and excess in 80s Rock check out this band.

I think I want to have a hair like that I wish I am blonde hahaha.
images

Is this strictly hair bands we talking about here?

I used to like hair metal a lot, but the heavier metal I think is better

Back