1980s Rock/Metal Music

ShinkanPo

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Why is 80s Rock or Metal Music so distinct? when ever I hear a soundtrack from a Film I can already tell if the soundtrack is from the 80s.

Was it the sounds of synths? Or are they just Van Halen clones? I am just discovering other 80s bands thru youtube now much of the bands featured then wasn't even available in my country so thanks to youtube I am discovering them and it feels like 1988 all over again.

So what makes the 80s sound so distinct? the Synths? The voice?

Also please recommend any hard rock/Metal band from the 80s!!!

Van Halen ripped off Tommy Bolin and Whitesnake ripped off Tommy Bolin although atleast David Coverdale played with Tommy. Bolin on the the other hand released his stuff years before the '80s music scene took off and died in '76.

Van Halen ripped off Tommy Bolin and Whitesnake ripped off Tommy Bolin although atleast David Coverdale played with Tommy. Bolin on the the other hand released his stuff years before the '80s music scene took off and died in '76.

Tommy Bolin I never heard of him, I will research that guy so he started that 80s sound?

I think synths have a lot to do with it.

The video is laughably bad and some people consider it the worst music video ever...but I like the song even as cheesy as it is

And if your interested theres this little documentary about Thor

The video is laughably bad and some people consider it the worst music video ever...but I like the song even as cheesy as it is

And if your interested theres this little documentary about Thor

The Thor documentary is a really good watch, I saw it a few month ago and really dug it.

Because the 80s were pure Rock n Roll! (And most movie scores were comprised of synth). Amazing time. Best decade ever.

Examples?

Back