1800 Calorie Per Day Diets | Page 2

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by No Quarter, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Saith UFC poster boy

Saith
    I understand. I assumed he was at least a normal sized male, but in reality he could be anyone with any number of goals. I think he's probably a bit overweight and trying to lose the fat, hence the new years post asking about very low calorie diets for combat athletes.

2. Monger Chronically Injured

Monger
    In my opinion, your maintenance level seems a bit low for the amount of work you're doing but it could be completely reasonable, especially if you're relatively inactive outside of training (desk job). 1,800 calories would be roughly a 300 calorie restriction daily. You won't lose pounds very quickly but with only a 15% calorie restriction you should be able to keep training intensity high and recover from workouts decently. You could try cutting back around 20% without sacrificing training quality (hopefully). That might put you closer to 1,700. Weight loss is going to be slow... maybe 3lbs or so a month of actual fat loss. It's possible that you could hit 140-145 by the end of March. 135 is probably a long shot unless you can create a larger deficit, not to mention the leaner you get the more your body will try to fight the weight loss. Make sure you keep protein high and eat lots of veggies.

3. No Quarter Blue Belt

No Quarter
    Thanks Monger. You got the desk job thing correct. I basically sit on my ass all day in front of a computer.

4. benji05 White Belt

benji05
    Also I don't know what your diet looks like, but "all calories aren't created equally".

5. No Quarter Blue Belt

No Quarter
    The quality of foods I eat is generally pretty good. It's the portion size/quantity that is hurting me.

I know that if I had a laid out plan with quantity sizes included that I could reference, it would make a difference as I am pretty disciplined when it comes to following a plan.

6. Monger Chronically Injured

Monger
    Since you already have an idea on where your calories need to be... you can probably use this article to figure out some marco ratios (use the numbers for Mixed Sports)...

Fat Loss for Athletes: Part 2 | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

It doesn't tell you what to eat but if you have target numbers for macros it makes figuring out what to eat a lot easier.

7. No Quarter Blue Belt

No Quarter
    Excellent information! Many thanks!

8. WhiteLightning** Purple Belt

WhiteLightning**
  9. finnegan Mountains and Fleas

finnegan
    I would look like Mum-Ra's nutsack if I attempted this. For fuck's sake! i'm sure everything I would have said has been said, otherwise.

10. savagenation** Banned

savagenation**
    U want a diet I'll give ya one. I did it last summer because of lack of time and I dropped about 2-3 lbs of fat a week, which is good cause I could afford to lose 15.

Breakfast:

-a large bowl of cereal with skim milk, O.J.

Lunch:

-a loaded up PB&J

Dinner:

wild card....portion and time is what counts here.

If I had a snack it was an italian ice(100 calories)

I started it for convenience and stayed on it cause it worked. I also drank 1 large coffee per day, and a shit load of water, maybe a diet soda here and there. Literally did it for a couple months and I threw it cheat meals liberally cause it worked so good. Once you lose the fat, you can add a few hungy calories to maintain and hit the gym hard.

11. ronin0352 Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

ronin0352
    Please don't give advice like this. Some people might take it seriously.

12. WhiteLightning** Purple Belt

WhiteLightning**
    *has successfully lured ronin into a month-old thread*

WAHAHAHAHA!

13. ronin0352 Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

ronin0352
    kind of. the response I quoted is 2 down from yours. I was responding to a new reply, I just let it slide that you responded to a month old post :D

14. IDRISCKY Purple Belt

IDRISCKY
    I think savagenation's epic diet and nutrition knowledge did that. All you did was bump a month old thread and get the awesome post of savagenation.

15. modena1983 I

modena1983
    lot of snp guys in here.

16. ronin0352 Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

ronin0352
    There are quite a few of us who frequent both. I've been doing so more lately cause I realized my digital scale at home is off and I need to cut about 12 - 15 lbs in the next 6 weeks for a PL competition, so I'm paying a lot more attention to my diet again.

17. savagenation** Banned

savagenation**
    Whats wrong with my diet? Let me guess, you're one of those fatties that eat 2 cups of peanuts, 2 chickens, etc. and wonder why you got back rolls. This is a diet I used and it worked.
    The problem with most diets out there is that none of them concentrate on eating less they just tell what to eat differently to trick your body. You wanna lose weight? Cut down your food intake by 25%. You wont die, you're "professional athlete" career will survive, and you wont have back rolls. Maybe run around a little why your at it.

18. IDRISCKY Purple Belt

IDRISCKY
    You really do post some golden gems. lol.

19. ronin0352 Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

ronin0352
    You mean other than it sucks and you eat like a 10-year-old girl? Well, I suppose if you want to be as strong as a 10-year-old girl, with a similar build more power to ya.

Read the FAQ, your diet is designed to kill yourself.

20. WhiteLightning** Purple Belt

WhiteLightning**
    Truth. You cut your calories to 25% below maintenance and byebye goes the muscle. I know this because I tried it before I had a fucking clue.