1800 Calorie Per Day Diets

No Quarter

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Happy New Year all!

Does anyone have any free samples of, or can point me to any sites or links that could provide me with, free 1800 calorie per day diets/food plans for specifically designed for combat athletes?

I tried the search function and google but really did not find anything good, and FREE.

Thanks,

Buy cake, eat 1800 calories of said cake.

Repeat daily.

Do you honestly think you provided information that someone could make an informed answer to?

I like cake
MoltenChocolateCake-300.jpg

030505-fat-kid.jpg

I need a hair cut

Cake is highly anabolic and I don't recommend it for all but advanced athletes.

WTF! Why do you have those red and green things next to your cake, get that stuff away before you ruin good cake.

Guess it's time for srs answer.

Why do you want an 1800 calorie per day diet? Your minimum maintenance level should be 2000 per day IF you are sedentary the entire day. If you work out it should be closer to 2500-3000 calories, for maintenance.

The only reason you should be doing an 1800 calorie per day diet is if you need to lose serious weight incredibly fast for a fight or something. If that's the case you need to reconsider whether or not you should be dropping that much weight that quickly, as it will affect your ability to train and your performance.

Otherwise, read the FAQ.

Why do you want an 1800 calorie per day diet? Your minimum maintenance level should be 2000 per day IF you are sedentary the entire day. If you work out it should be closer to 2500-3000 calories, for maintenance.

The only reason you should be doing an 1800 calorie per day diet is if you need to lose serious weight incredibly fast for a fight or something. If that's the case you need to reconsider whether or not you should be dropping that much weight that quickly, as it will affect your ability to train and your performance.

Otherwise, read the FAQ.
You say that but

0509pie.jpg

Otherwise, read the FAQ.

There's no way you can give blanket statements like that. Especially since the TS didn't even mention his weight. Two sedentary people may only have maintenance requirements or ~12 calories per pound of BW. So a 130lb chick will only need to eat 1,560 calories and a 250lb dude would need 3,000 (as an example). The differences are massive. Throw in different training regimens and the variances can be even broader. There's no way you can tell this guy his min maintenance level is 2,000 calories with the information presented.

I think he took the 2000 calories a day diet the government tries to shove down our throats as truth.

There's no way you can give blanket statements like that. Especially since the TS didn't even mention his weight. Two sedentary people may only have maintenance requirements or ~12 calories per pound of BW. So a 130lb chick will only need to eat 1,560 calories and a 250lb dude would need 3,000 (as an example). The differences are massive. Throw in different training regimens and the variances can be even broader. There's no way you can tell this guy his min maintenance level is 2,000 calories with the information presented.

True, it's possible he's an 80lb combat athlete who only needs 1800 calories to bulk....

True, it's possible he's an 80lb combat athlete who only needs 1800 calories to bulk....

Ya, that adds more credibility to your post.

He could easily weigh anywhere between 150-200lbs and be considered relatively average. And yes, at the lower end 1,800 calories *could* be maintenance for some individuals, especially if they aren't training.

I wasn't trying to be a dick with my previous post, maybe it came off that way... I don't know. I'm just pointing out that there can be massive differences between relatively normal sized dudes.

Happy New Year all!

Does anyone have any free samples of, or can point me to any sites or links that could provide me with, free 1800 calorie per day diets/food plans for specifically designed for combat athletes?

I tried the search function and google but really did not find anything good, and FREE.

Thanks,

I've been doing this but I don't know of a site that will give you meal plans. The only thing I can tell you is count calories if this is the approach you are taking. Ideally I try to eat a lot of veggies as most are low calorie. I'm not a combat athlete so I'm not sure if this is the best approach for you. I'm just a lard ass trying to drop 50lbs. I don't need mass energy for intense sparring or anything like that so I have not had any issues with lack of energy. I just started counting calories and working out to lose weight. I've been swimming and doing elliptical and I just began lifting yesterday. I'm not interested in gaining a bunch of bulk, I'm just trying to lose a bunch of fat so I took this approach. Sort of a modified Biggest Loser type thing I guess. (I'm sure I'll be flamed for that:D) I'm new to the whole thing so I can't give any sound advice or testimonial, but if I were a combat athlete, I would consult with others in the field to find out if this approach is ideal before going all in with it.

Sorry Guys..a little more information:

Age 47
Height 5'5"
Weight 152

I train Muay Thai 2 times per week
Grappling 2 times per week
I lift and do HIIT 2 nights per week

My problem is that my ****bolic rate has seemed to slow down considerably now that I am approaching 50, however my appetite seems to have increased. I usually stay around 2000 - 2200 calories per day on the existing training plan above, so I figured if I cut down to 1800 per day with the same activity level, I should start to lose...right?

I would like to get down to 135 - 140 lb range by the end of March.

Back