170 lbs Conor on 40 year old Manlet Floyd:"Strong in the clinch",LMFAO @ Notion of boxers being weak

Only dumb-ass combat sports fans think being 40 means you're suddenly some shriveled up old man of little to no strength.

That said, Floyd did get fairly dominated in the clinch, I don't recall Conor saying anything except that he was better in the clinch that he expected him to be. In MMA, he'd get kneed, thrown to the ground, and figuratively raped by Conor or any other MMA fighter.

There's alot of stuff I can't do that did 10 years ago. Our body's change fast unfortunately. No knock on Floyd though, he's a specimen.

There's alot of stuff I can't do that did 10 years ago. Our body's change fast unfortunately. No knock on Floyd though, he's a specimen.

imo there are only a few guys, who are still in a "good" shape. ofc there are also other factors like how many fights you had/damage or if you still care etc.

Soccer:
Buffon (40 years old still top 3)
Pirlo (when he was 35)

Boxing:
Wladimir klitschko

muay thai:
Buka hes imo after 250+ fights still in a decent shape, for someone whos 35 years old.

i know there are a few more :d but im too lazy

And there's a lot of people who can. I know (or know of) guys in their forties and even fifties that are stronger than guys in their twenties and thirties.

And there's a lot of people who can. I know (or know of) guys in their forties and even fifties that are stronger than guys in their twenties and thirties.

Lucky b******

The 30 year old me would beat me in a fist fight but the 41 year old me is 5 times as smart

Boxing is dead and has been for years. For once in a very long time, Boxing had an event that the public were excited about thanks to Conor. It's pretty sad when hardly anyone (including myself) doesn't know who the Heavyweight Boxing champ is.

-
You think anyone knows who Stipe Miocic is? Lol. Once in a very long time? Do you not remember the Pacquiao fight? The Canelo fight? Those fights sold more than any UFC ppv could ever dream of.

i dont see how floyd can handle his reach and punching volume
Are you being serious? That fight would get ugly quickly. I love Nate and I love his boxing in mma, but he would be the slowest person Mayweather has ever fought by a ridiculous margin. He might not actually land a single punch. He doesn't have the power,speed, fundamentals or defense to step in a boxing ring. The style and tricks that work so well for him in mma (pressure, body punching, volume) would not work the same way against any decent boxer.

You think anyone knows who Stipe Miocic is? Lol. Once in a very long time? Do you not remember the Pacquiao fight? The Canelo fight? Those fights sold more than any UFC ppv could ever dream of.

Stipe LMFAO, I don't even think Cleveland knows him.

well, why didnt he, I am sure he wanted to based on the fact he was being chased around the ring by a small 40 year old retired man.

he shot in for a TD 3x, got stuffed each time

Floyd has olympic caliber wrestling.

Back