17-year-old teenager fatally shot by East Pittsburgh police. UPDATES: OFFICER CHARGED WITH HOMICIDE

Imo...suspects should never be shot in the back while fleeing unless they have already shot a gun at the police and then turn and bolt.

He had their friend in custody. The guy will give up the other two and then you go arrest them

You say the cop should’ve chased first. I’ve explained to you over & over again why that’s not an option in this situation. If you still don’t understand that, then yes you lack common sense. You might not like to hear that, but it’s true.

And you lack tact. Plus, it's apparently lost on you that from the beginning I comprehended the notion of why the cop saw the kids as an immediate threat. I even pointed it out for you.

Why don’t you explain exactly how you would’ve handled the situation

What is your problem, man? I didn't disagree with anything @Protectandserve said in that post. I thought it was well-informed.

If you're looking to pick a fight, look elsewhere because I'm not going to waste time going in circles with you.

America. The cops keep me safe from crime. Fuck off.

Just admit there is a problem with shitty cops. Its the first step in having less murderous assholes in badges. Otherwise maybe they'll shoot your kid and get a slap on the wrist.

And you lack tact. Plus, it's apparently lost on you that from the beginning I comprehended the notion of why the cop saw the kids as an immediate threat. I even pointed it out for you.

What is your problem, man? I didn't disagree with anything @Protectandserve said in that post. I thought it was well-informed.

If you're looking to pick a fight, look elsewhere because I'm not going to waste time going in circles with you.
So you refuse to explain how you would’ve handled it?

Just admit there is a problem with shitty cops. Its the first step in having less murderous assholes in badges. Otherwise maybe they'll shoot your kid and get a slap on the wrist.
Look up what selection bias is. Then calm your emotions down.

Would you have shot that suspect 3 times in the back as well?

not a gotcha moment I think you know i respect your opinions as a police officer

Im pretty critical of police shootings but the driveby and bullet damage to the car and guns found in the car tells me these were some bad dudes not some kids stealing rillos or even a joy ride and it does seem reasonable to me for the police to open fire and expect fire .
Based on what is in the article, vehicle matches a drive by shooting, has bullet holes in it, you have one suspect out and being detained and suspect who any one would believe is still armed running into a neighborhood?

Yes I can say I probably would have. You can't let a fleeing suspect who just tried to murder someone and is still likely armed with a gun run and barricade, take a hostage or just get into a position to ambush follow officers.

Based on what is in the article, vehicle matches a drive by shooting, has bullet holes in it, you have one suspect out and being detained and suspect who any one would believe is still armed running into a neighborhood?

Yes I can say I probably would have. You can't let a fleeing suspect who just tried to murder someone and is still likely armed with a gun run and barricade, take a hostage or just get into a position to ambush follow officers.
I think there’s a lot of people who truly believe the cops should have taken the risk & chased him before shooting him. Pass on shooting him & wait to see if he shoots back or puts a gun to a hostages head. Even though it was all but certain the suspect just shot someone & was most likely armed, he still deserved a chance to get arrested.

Cops owe it to criminals to risk their lives & the lives of others to spare the life of a criminal. That’s the logic of people like @the muntjac

Last edited:
I love how lefties have endless sympathy for psychopathic teenagers who run around killing people. Like that was a situation that any random innocent person could end up in. "Oh gee Billy, you haven't killed some folks yet? Wow, how'd you do that?"

Man, every time Talcum X throws his hat into the ring shit gets skewed.

. The consequence of him not shooting would have been nobody getting hurt, and instead a teenager is dead. Are they even charging these kids with the drive by shooting, or is this just about their car looking similar?

What's tomorrow's lottery numbers?

Smh...

Every brother aint Philando Castille or Tamir Rice.

Sean King needs to be taken down, he is obviously just using black grief as a way to make money, cause the mother fucker aint even checking if shits on the up and up anymore.

Since when we start trying to paint those that pull drive bys as angels?

Sean King = Agent Provocateur
Fact: More innocent people are killed in the crossfire of drive by shootings than the amount of black criminals killed by police.

Not long ago a little girl was killed here in St. Louis in a drive by shooting. Will you see a protest for that? Nope. The only black lives that matter are the ones of criminals shot by police.

What's tomorrow's lottery numbers?

I don't follow, I'm not predicting anything, it's an objective fact that the decision not to shoot cannot directly hurt anyone. There could be some later harm caused to someone by this kid, but that's just speculation. By shooting him in the back like a coward, the cop guaranteed that an innocent person was hurt.

I don't follow, I'm not predicting anything, it's an objective fact that the decision not to shoot cannot directly hurt anyone. There could be some later harm caused to someone by this kid, but that's just speculation. By shooting him in the back like a coward, the cop guaranteed that an innocent person was hurt.
Incorrect. If an armed suspect flees into a neighborhood, they have and will continue to invade homes and threaten the actually innocent.

Not stopping that person would make a cop into Peter Parker, who let the man he could have stopped go past, directly leading to Uncle Ben's murder.

Incorrect. If an armed suspect flees into a neighborhood, they have and will continue to invade homes and threaten the actually innocent.

Not stopping that person would make a cop into Peter Parker, who let the man he could have stopped go past, directly leading to Uncle Ben's murder.

Suspect wasn't armed here, and hadn't yet invaded anything. And just like that I'm not sure who's being serious any more.

Suspect wasn't armed here, and hadn't yet invaded anything. And just like that I'm not sure who's being serious any more.
Your lack of credulity notwithstanding, police couldn't know he was unarmed.
Problem number one with your argument. Asserting that he hadn't committed a crime at that time isn't warranted unless further info comes to light, problem two.

Fact: More innocent people are killed in the crossfire of drive by shootings than the amount of black criminals killed by police.

Not long ago a little girl was killed here in St. Louis in a drive by shooting. Will you see a protest for that? Nope. The only black lives that matter are the ones of criminals shot by police.
We just had two little girls shot in a fucking playground here.

Back