17-year-old teenager fatally shot by East Pittsburgh police. UPDATES: OFFICER CHARGED WITH HOMICIDE

There were guns in the car, car was used in a drive by shooting, car had bullet holes in it. Don’t run and he would have not got shot.
Based on the above evidence shooting was justified.
There have been cases of unjustified shootings, this is not one of them.

Wait, his death was ruled a homicide? By the cop?
If a criminal shoots a cop twice, cop fires back and kills the criminal, it’s still considered a homicide. It’s up to the DA to decide if it was justifiable or not, and pursue legal action if necessary. Eric garners death was ruled a homicide by the coroner.

It's being reported a video surfaced of the victim committing a drive by minutes before the traffic stop.

No idea if it's true but local media is reporting.

Homo+cide = killing of a human (by another) that’s all

I saw the protest and of course the mandatory baby piciture

His car shot up the driver of another. Then 2 ran while apprehended, cop had reasons to stop them from causing more dangers to the public. 2 guns found in the car. Empty clip in his pocket, gun powder residue on his hand.

These dumb protests will make them feel even more righteous and causing more to get killed. Dumb people, dumb lives

There were guns in the car, car was used in a drive by shooting, car had bullet holes in it. Don’t run and he would have not got shot.
Based on the above evidence shooting was justified.
There have been cases of unjustified shootings, this is not one of them.
Shit man, I had you pegged for a "cops are always wrong" sort". Glad to admit I was wrong on that.

It's being reported a video surfaced of the victim committing a drive by minutes before the traffic stop.

No idea if it's true but local media is reporting.

Gotta love it when people record themselves committing crimes.

Shit man, I had you pegged for a "cops are always wrong" sort". Glad to admit I was wrong on that.
I played softball with a bunch of State Troopers. Good friends of my Dad are cops. I have friends that are cops.
My problem is groups like BLM seem to protest the wrong ones. The Pittsburg case the kid made bad choices for friends, compounded by running and it cost him his life. I feel bad that a 17 year old lost his life but as said a lot of the blame for his death is on the kid.

I wonder who ts was before his ban. Anyways we already circle jerked to this topic for like a whole year. I can't even get hard anymore about it.

Lol at protests shutting down the highway. I know most of those protestors probably don’t have jobs to worry about but for the rest of us that shit really sucks.

This happened probably 20 minutes from where I live, and it is getting a lot of attention in the news.

Here's the video:

From the link provided below, a car with three teenagers was pulled over by police because their car matched the description of a car that was just involved in a drive-by shooting. Earlier, a guy was shot in the abdomen from a person(s) in a car, and the victim returned fire on the vehicle. The vehicle the teenagers were driving was said to match that car, and it even had bullet holes in the back window.

So the police pull over the car to apprehend the occupants. As they were arresting the driver, the other two teenagers bailed out of the car and took off running. This is when the officer opens fire on them and fatally wounds one of them, 17-year-old Antwon Rose.

Reports say that Antwon was struck three times, all which appear to be in the back. No weapon was found on his person, but two guns were found in the car.

The other runner later turned himself in.

The officer who shot Antwon was sworn in as an East Pittsburgh cop only 90 minutes before the shooting, but from what I understand, he has been an officer since 2011 on other forces.

You can find more details in the link -

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/201...g-antwon-rose-sworn-in-hours-before-shooting/

A protest has gathered in front of the East Pittsburgh Police Station.

Makes me wonder why the police officer couldn't have taken after them on foot instead of immediately opening fire. I guess since they pulled over a car that was believed to be involved with a shooting that happened earlier, they were quicker to deem the runners as dangerous. Even still, the cop who shot Antwon was in his 20s, so it's not like he was some old buck. He could have at least attempted to chase them rather than just gunning him down in the back. Even if they didn't catch them, I'd bet dollars to donuts that the driver they arrested would have cracked and given the cops their names and where to find them. As mentioned before, the other runner did eventually turn himself in.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out after an investigation is done.

The mayor of Pittsburgh, Bill Peduto, came under some hot water when he made a tweet towards Shaun King when he hamfistedly was trying to tell him that East Pittsburgh was a different borough of its own and not within city limits.

He later apologized.

What else would it be ruled?

Definition of homicide
1 : a person who kills another
2 : a killing of one human being by another
  • detectives investigating a homicide
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homicide

Well, it's a pretty big key to the scenario. If they were the suspects in a drive-by, it's a good shoot.
Indeed, and pragmatically, after knowing the facts, that'd be the main concern. But that's the *first* thing you went to.

Indeed, and pragmatically, after knowing the facts, that'd be the main concern. But that's the *first* thing you went to.

Why woudn't it be the first thing I went to? Would it be better if I had judged the situation blindly?

Why woudn't it be the first thing I went to? Would it be better if I had judged the situation blindly?
But you didn't judge it blindly, you already picked a position.

And I completely understand. But it seems like you don't think ANYONE is shot unlawfully.

Back