17-year-old teenager fatally shot by East Pittsburgh police. UPDATES: OFFICER CHARGED WITH HOMICIDE

Thanks for the information.

I knew something about it but was not sure how it was applied.
Look up Tn vs Garner for clarification. Basically, the person’s fourth amendment rights are outweighed by the threat posed to the public, allowing the lethal force, which is a 4th amendment seizure.

Hate to see something like this happen at all.. Let alone in my city. Looks terrible without any of the background.

I feel for this kids family/parents but if he was involved in fuckery as being reported then it's his own fault. Still couldn't imagine being a parent having to cope with this and it breaks my heart.

Be safe and avoid the “shut it down” idiots that are so concerned with the lost life of the young man, that they would protest and shut down streets every time a young man is gunned down, just so long as the shooter is a cop

Good man
A fool with a gun is a danger to society no matter which side of the law they are on. We need you guys to get it right as often as you can and make sure that the ones that cant dont end up in circulation somewhere else

Yeah, we try

The question isn't whether it is tactically superior, its whether the shooting is cowardly. There's definite moral superiority in not shooting an unarmed man in the back versus shooting an unarmed man in the back.

I'm not claiming to have been behind a gun facing others with guns. Also, that's not at all relevant to this case, or any case of shooting an unarmed man in the back. I am, however, claiming that you have some sort of uniform bias and that's clouding your judgement.

I ask again, would it be cowardly for a suspect to shoot a police officer in the back during a chase? would the tactical superiority of the decision to do so impact your answer?

Ok, I am no big back the blue no matter what guy. But this shooting sounds justified. Again this wasn't some guy who got shot running from a cop who pulled him over for not paying child support and then shooting him while ge ran away unarmed and staged ot to look differently. These guys had guns and were just involved in a shooting. Cop had no idea of the guy had another gun or not. And you keep talking about cowardice for shooting the suspect in the back but dont seem to give a shit how the suspect approached shooting his victim. Are drive bys brave now?

Yeah, we try

It is my understanding when people say why dont you do something about the bad ones that you guys do ..... Its just that they move on and get hired somewhere else .... again and again. isnt there a way to debadge someone permanently ?

It is my understanding when people say why dont you do something about the bad ones that you guys do ..... Its just that they move on and get hired somewhere else .... again and again. isnt there a way to debadge someone permanently ?

They can have their law enforcement certification revoked, but only in that state. The guys that met Loehman said he seemed like a decent guy, and he was put in a shitty situation, but he was fired from a previous police Job because he was not mature enough for the job. And he lied about the reason for his depature. That is what will allow every department to take a hard pass on him. I don’t agree with a national blacklist only because the people proposing it are copblock asshats. But when an officer does something heinous, and then “quits” before they are fired, the department has a responsibility in my opinion, to continue with the request to have their certificates revoked

I don’t agree with a national blacklist only because the people proposing it are copblock asshats

TO be fair shouldnt the people in charge of such a thing be on the skeptical side of law enforcement to prevent it from becoming a boys club where all but the worst things get a pass ? Or maybe a mix of people who mistrust the police and level headed officers like you ?

Lol at Shaun King....As for the situation, I can't imagine what it must be like to police these areas. Of course, now the cop will become the target of the liberal media, who will make this boy out to be a "poor kid who was on his way to church"...Again, I can't imagine the shit cops are forced to deal with everyday.
Shitty, really shitty. Being a cop sucks, especially when you're new, you have to police the areas that are the worst. I was in that position, assigned as a rookie floater for awhile, going to different precincts and districts in L.A.. If you like dealing with people at their lowest day in and day out then a LEO job might be for you. Not for me, that shit got old quick especially when incidents involved kids and abuse/drugs/neglect.

10 minutes ago yahoo news had this story as their headline, titled something like cop shoots uarrmed black teen in the back. Now it looks they’ve already pulled the story. After the facts came out they probably got worried about a lawsuit.
Yahoo is one of the most pathetic, sensationalist "news" sources out there. Right up there with the NYTimes, WaPo, CNN and MSNBC.

You're about 2 years too late for anyone to care, unless it's an illegal immigrant

Look up Tn vs Garner for clarification. Basically, the person’s fourth amendment rights are outweighed by the threat posed to the public, allowing the lethal force, which is a 4th amendment seizure.

Thanks for the information.

In before, he deserved it, or look into his past, or the cops feared for their lives, or they thought he had a weapon.

Wait, his death was ruled a homicide? By the cop?

Lol at “death ruled a homicide” being significant.

uh, obviously it was a homicide. Especially since one party in the altercation stated that they shot the other.

Someone was expecting it to be classified drowning?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back