165 division announcement at 232

Its just a new belt design, not a new div.

How do you have a 165 and 170 class without destroying 170 in the process? This idea is so awful..

Anyone who wants a 165 and a 170 division should be permanently banned.

We don't need it to be like boxing, with classes separated by like 1.5 pounds. So what somebody will lose a title fight at 170 and try their luck at 165? Stupid as Fuck..

only division that could be added would be between HW and LHW.

i think i'm in the minority as people always say there isn't enough talent to justify it, but i've never liked the 60 lb spread there. some guys (like randy) kind of get stuck straddling the two.

That would be even worse of an idea. Randy winning belts in both divisions shows is proof there's no reason to add anything.

FYI, Randy wasn't "stuck" between two divisions. He's smaller than Jones, Gus and DC. He fought at heavyweight because he could. Most of the guys could.

That would be even worse of an idea. Randy winning belts in both divisions shows is proof there's no reason to add anything.

FYI, Randy wasn't "stuck" between two divisions. He's smaller than Jones, Gus and DC. He fought at heavyweight because he could. Most of the guys could.
lol 'because he managed it' is not proof it was a good idea. 60 lbs is too big a spread, it's unfair.

And how is called????

"Afraid of MW" division?
It's called the "Conor insisted he wants a new belt and given that he failed dismally at 155lbs against Khabib we agreed with him to create a new division to give him a chance at 3-weight Champ so there's that new division".

Better to wait for Woodley to lose than to just remove his weight class.

The UFC has no real depth in any division. Going from 155, 170, 185 to 155, 165, 175, 185 might make things better for a few big 155's and some small 170's and some small 185's but it'll just make things worse over all.

The best 2 divisions are 155 and 170 so scatter the fighters there over 3 divisions..... genius and top them up with a couple of undersized MWs.

135 Bantamweight
145 Featherweight
155 Lightweight
165 Superlightweight or Lightwelterweight
175 Welterweight
185 Middleweight
205 LHW
265 HW

Why stop with 165? Should be 5 lbs difference between each weight class so that we can get more champs and better fights. I'm being sarcastic of course, adding another weight class will just dilute the talent pool and make UFC worse and I will never understand how anyone can think it's a good idea. It is dumb as fuck.

Actually Bisping spoiled it on his podcast. He says someone from the company was working on a belt with the flag of every country every champion who has won one is from. Hence the Canadian and American flag teaser. So whoever guessed very generic, unoriginal belt, you where right.

Edit: Can't find it on YT, I personally have it on my podcast app. It's episode 103 of Believe you Me "MGJG Bisping" at around 34:30

That's the one

Last edited:
165 Champ = Colby
175 Champ = Woodley
185 Champ = Bobby Knuckles
195 Champ = ???

Makes sense why Colby is sitting out, his next fight is for the 165 belt.

also where's the SOURCE

ban TS

Back