16 Years Later...Did We Forget?

What I am saying is people approving of Bush for retaliating against an attack against them isn't unification IMO. Most of the Western world sympathized with us and we used that to further our agenda in the Middle East. I don't think we were united, we still had our differences. It was the first time people sympathized with each other in this country over an event like that. I think that showed more than unification. Although when we're arguing over unification we have to define what it is, because uniting is vague and can be done on a multitude of levels because of how complex society is.

The world was unified in support of the US until we invaded and fucked up Iraq.

Now a lot of people associate 9/11 as a justification for Iraq so the feelings for the tragedy are muddled by anger.

20-haunting-photos-from-the-september-11-attacks-that-americans-will-always-remember.jpg

In the weeks following 9/11, American flags flew on every corner. Athletes and fans couldn’t manage to hold back tears as they stood proudly for the national anthem before game time. Volunteers nationwide gave a helping hand to our courageous first responders, still searching for survivors, and clearing the still smoking rubble from the blood-soaked streets. You couldn’t go anywhere without seeing someone wearing a FDNY or NYPD hat out of respect for our heroes.

We were fearful and we were sorrowful, but mostly, we were united, by our American identity. We made a vow to those we lost that we would “Never Forget.”

Flash forward 16 years and it’s as if we’ve entered the Twilight Zone. Not only have we forgotten that which we promised we would not, but the national pride which once unified us has been replaced by an endless stream of anti-American propaganda.

The American flags we flew with such pride are now considered a “hate symbol” on college campuses. NFL Quarterback Colin Kaepernick is portrayed as a hero for kneeling during the national anthem, and wearing socks to practice that depict police officers as pigs.

The people of the United States and the world have stopped combating terrorism and have created a politically correct society in which extremism can thrive. We have become too afraid to address radical terrorism by its name because we are afraid of offending all Muslims and it makes us wonder did we forget the one day we said we wouldn't forget?
Boy, 16 years.

Can't believe this happened in the first half of my life. Still remember the pics in TV that day.

I definitely got more united with Muslims and Sikhs that's for sure. About up until Saddam got hung, they took a lot of heat off of black people. Shit, life was good. I could pop off about freedumb and the stupid ass French and nobody even gave me a second glance.

When Saddam hit that rope though, motherfuckers all of a sudden remembered to hate the negros again. It was a good run while it lasted.

They hated black people so much, Obama won two landslide elections...i guess to cover their racism.

They hated black people so much, Obama won two landslide elections...i guess to cover their racism.

Yeah, because Obama didn't experience ANY issues related to race. FOH strugglin ass, your 15 IQ ruminations ain't shit.

16 years later and the government still has no funds for disaster relief.
Good job America

Projecting guilt I see
No, and you always get these things completely the wrong way. The "we've forgotten" crowd is the one projecting guilt, by definition. Jesus you're a dense fuck some of the always.

Oh my bad, even though you know what I meant because I made an error excluding "an" you are somehow more intelligent.

I forgot, grammatical errors of little importance are more meaningful than your head full of ridiculous ideologies.
Have some pride and take your licks like a woman. There wasn't any substance to what you said- it was a generic insult. You're not defending some profound statement. You're defending a derp line.

Terribly perfect execution of terror.

Who's really to blame for the atrocity?

That proud patriotism you're pointing out has faded away is just part of an ever evolving society of different people with different vales. It'll only ever get worse.

every single one of those crap accusations is a strawman. complete and willful miss-representation of reality.

stop being scum and using people's pain and suffering to push your personal political agenda.

i cant believe i have to keep saying that.

Who is doing what now?

In the final days leading up to the 2016 presidential election, Hillary Clinton lied about being in New York City on September 11, 2001, and used the tragedy to suggest that it made her qualified to defeat ISIS.

Speaking in Florida on November 1, 2016, Clinton stated, “I was in New York City on 9/11 as one of two senators. I will defeat ISIS.”

However, Clinton’s statement directly contradicts what she wrote in her book “Hard Choices,” where she said she didn’t travel to New York City till September 12.

“She does not appear to have said publicly at any point that she was in New York City on Sept. 11, 2001,” The Washington Post reported.

Rudolph Giuliani, who was New York City mayor at the time, slammed Clinton for her false claims during the campaign.

“Yes, you [Hillary] helped to get benefits for the people who were injured that day,” Giuliani said. “But I heard her say she was there that day. I was there that day, I don’t remember seeing Hillary Clinton there.”

Giuliani quickly compared Clinton’s false claim to one of her most notorious lies – falsely claiming to have come under sniper fire while visiting Bosnia in March 1996.

“That was like when she said she had to run through gunfire,” Giuliani said. “That turned out to be — what do we call it? — a lie.”

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"

9/11 was an inside job. Muslims are peaceful.

Democrats including the one you currently wanted as president voted for the war in Iraq and like the many democrats who supported it, didn't raise a stink until election time. BTW John Kerry also supported it.

60% of Democrats voted against, so did 40% of Democrats in the Senate.

But even if 100% of Democrats had supported it, the patriostim would had still died after the blunder that war Iraq. An evil war of aggression that hurt the American people and civilians abroad.

Yeah, because Obama didn't experience ANY issues related to race. FOH strugglin ass, your 15 IQ ruminations ain't shit.

Not enough to stop him winning two landslide elections, reality is usually the enemy of a Marxist.

Not enough to stop him winning two landslide elections, reality is usually the enemy of a Marxist.

1yRwC48.gif

Lmao, okay Struggle, I guess white people have nothing to complain about since the president is white. And if i'm a marxist, then you must be the dumbest motherfucker ever to step on this whole goddamn earth.

Full retard.

<20>

1yRwC48.gif

Lmao, okay Struggle, I guess white people have nothing to complain about since the president is white. And if i'm a marxist, then you must be the dumbest motherfucker ever to step on this whole goddamn earth.

Full retard.

<20>

Keep reading Lenin

too bad we didn't go like somalia or rwanda style for the GWOT. go in, take out leader if can or say f it if it's just completely unfixable and get out. it's on them to fix it and choose their national fate.....

which yes, people hate on. but not as much as essentially going imperialism style and trying to train cans that literally can't do simple jumping jacks 10 whole years later.

I think you are forgetting that engineering firms like Bechtel and Halliburton make huge fortunes off of rebuilding infrastructure.

Have some pride and take your licks like a woman. There wasn't any substance to what you said- it was a generic insult. You're not defending some profound statement. You're defending a derp line.

There is substance, you're an idiot. However I do agree that the substance of you and your posts is basically nothing. Perhaps we can call this a push?

Back