16 oz bag gloves with best wrist support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1371 View Post
Wes just wondering the differences between the triumph heat seekers and the thai silencers is it just the elastic strap
No, the designs aren't too similar. The heatseekers seem a bit softer too. The Heatseekers are definitely a better buy for the price. The Thai Silencers are still a great middle of the road glove though.

The above is from Wes the titleboxing rep on the forums. I don't know myself since I've never tried the silencers, I'm guessing the silencers are more designed to train muay thai, whereas heatseekers is a winnings inspired boxing glove. You could pm CLamp whose used both gloves. The wrist support was very good, both Mumrik and Clamp have said the wrist support is excellent. Theres a huge running review on them in the review section, if you want to check it out, its what convinced me to buy a pair =D

The safetechs are made with IMF foam, I wouldn't expect a larger difference, anything different I would guess would have to be in the closure and leather used.

I'd say that cut, closure, material etc. could make quite a big difference :)

I have these same gloves and they are by far the best I have had.

I use these they are really good wrist support and for a 16oz glove they actually weigh 16oz unlike a lot of other gloves

0-rs2v-e15.jpg

I would typically recommend Winnings for everything, however coma, you inquired about having great wrist support so.... I can still recommend winnings IF you want lace up. If not, the velcro support isnt great.

For really good wrist support you could go with title gel bag gloves, or IMF Tech bag gloves. They will also give you great knuckle protection. I have the Title gel gloves. The IMF tech has had nothing but good reviews and the velcro system is similar with a velcro strap with a d-ring for maximizing the fit.

I am sending back a pair of Everlast protex3 gloves because they werent a great match for me. They did however offer great protection for wrist and knuckles. I just preferred my winnings.
If Im going to spend $200 it will be for just that.

The Grant super bag gloves offer good wrist protection with the long velcro strap. They come in 12 and 14oz however...

Any of the above mentioned gloves have the potential to work great, but keep in mind it also has to be personal fit. The first pair of grant super bag gloves that I owned were wonderful. The second pair werent at all a fit. All of my winnings and Flores gloves are outstanding and fit like they were custom. YMMV.

Have a good one.

KS

A few people here recommending Rival RS2Vs... Those aren't bag gloves either.

To be clear - it is not hard to find a 16oz sparring glove with good wrist support to recommend. Those might get worn down pretty quickly on the heavy bag though.
The thread starter specifically asked about 16oz bag gloves, and that is a bit harder. If not for the 16oz requirement I too would have recommended Grants (or Grant Campeons). Can't help much more than that though as I've found that I prefer bag gloves to be lighter than 16...

A few people here recommending Rival RS2Vs... Those aren't bag gloves either.

To be clear - it is not hard to find a 16oz sparring glove with good wrist support to recommend. Those might get worn down pretty quickly on the heavy bag though.
The thread starter specifically asked about 16oz bag gloves, and that is a bit harder. If not for the 16oz requirement I too would have recommended Grants (or Grant Campeons). Can't help much more than that though as I've found that I prefer bag gloves to be lighter than 16...

As far as wrist protection, wouldn't the heavier glove be better?

I just got a pair of the Triumph Heatseekers and while they are great gloves with good wrist support, I would definitely not use them as bag gloves. I don't think the leather would last long on them. However, if you like buying new gloves every year or so I guess they'd be fine.

Back