150 Applications, 0 Job Offers (Interview Update)

Crazy thing is, my resume is solid and my skill set is sufficient.

Last interview I had, the dude told me I was one out of five that made it there, and that my resume was great. He asked what I wanted to do with my life, I said start my own business. He then immediately told me that because he would be sharing industry secrets with me, it wouldn't work out.

He didn't want the potential of me starting my own thing and being his competition.

WTF Dude. Interview 101. Don't tell them your future plans involve you leaving the company. I wouldn't hire you either.

Skills: HTML/Js/, Ember.Js, copywriting.

I've been looking for a job for two years. I've had maybe ten interviews. Each time, I feel like it goes anywhere from well to fantastic. Each time, I'm their second pick.

I've applied to about 200 jobs via Indeed.

I'm posting this mainly as documentation, because I'm never going to give up until I have an offer I'm happy with.

So I'll bump this shit.

you are in a field that has a lot of competition so its going to be extremely tough to get work.

I've been looking for a job for two years. I've had maybe ten interviews. Each time, I feel like it goes anywhere from well to fantastic. Each time, I'm their second pick.

I'm posting this mainly as documentation, because I'm never going to give up until I have an offer I'm happy with.

So I'll bump this shit.
How much experience do you have? You also have to consider the market saturation for people who are looking for similar work. Copy writing, web editing, etc... is a fairly common field for people to go into because of all of the communications majors.

Your resume probably sucks. And I don't mean your experience or skill sucks, but just the way the resume is put together.

Or you are not doing well in your interviews.

Order up one of these and wear it to your next interview.
Employment ensues, FACT.

H4-R_1024x1024.jpg

So I'll bump this shit.
Never give up. God is just waiting to put you in the right place. Believe in yourself.

So I'll bump this shit.

no wonder you hate trump and trumpians

sorry to be taking your welfarebux

Give me a job.

150 applications
730 days

1 application every 4.86 days, when you dont have another job to take up your time

i wouldnt hire someone like that tbh

i would rather hire someone with less experience in that field, but worked as a busser to do whatever it takes to make money between jobs

Partly its the nature of finding jobs these days, companies have cut back personal departments so much the days of asking lots of people in for an interview are largely gone, they'll just go with 2-3 CV's most of the time.

Before I went self employed I think I ended up getting about 80% of jobs I was interviewed for, can only recall a couple I didn't get. Literally hundreds and hundreds of applications I heard nothing back from to get that though.

make sure to crack jokes at your interviews, interviewers love jokes

html, css, javascript = front end development

html, css, copywriting = email marketing

But are they marketable skills without any context behind them? Its one thing to say you are a front end developer with experience using different frameworks. Whatever resume he has out there isn't marketable or if it was he would either have a job by now or at the very least have more interviews.

Yeah,

Wtf was that guy on about?
Hey dude, I'm not the one trying to get a job with no luck. Even though I'm not a front end dev I know that all of our in house aps are moving away from Java. Just something to think about.

TS' elbows are too pointy is my best guess as to why he cannot land a job.

BtW - are you working at all? Maybe for the time being take any job you can and maybe lower your standards for a bit.

Back