150 Applications, 0 Job Offers (Interview Update)

i went to starbucks and the car in front of me pahid for my drink and the lady at the window made it a point to tell me this right off the bat so i said ok and then she just stood there and whaited and stopped taling and just sta7ring at me wheil the line of cars sat behond me it was clear that she wanted me to pay for the car behind me so i ]asked her if this was like a thing for tod7ay or some promotio and she said no its just waht people do sometimes and then she kept sataring at me and i saw my venti smores frappucino on the counter to her right and i id nt know what to do and i was feeling anxl,ious now and i think i hear another car beep like their horn or somethging and i swar time froze so i said to myself in my head not outloud that this is bs i intended to just buy my drink and go pick my mom up buty she just didnt even flinch or go for my drink so i sad i woud pay for the car behind me if thats how it work and she lit up like a crhistmas trre all msoiles and shit like this somehow made her d7ay like we are particpiating in some totally sweet cosiual experminet and i sighed and handed her my card not knowing what was about tyo happen then i looked in the mirror and it ws a frigging ford van packed with highschool kids and some hipster driver i prayed that he only otrdered a small drink for him7self but tha was not the case the order came to and i shit you not 64.25 i was not told this until after she swqiped my card and handed my my drink jand my card back but i didnt know what to do so i drov off and a little piece of me died

Anyway, if you're looking for a job, hit up Starbucks
Lo lo lol!!,I assume uppercuts filled the drive through window too right? God damn funny man

Yeah I know, Indeed is absolute trash.

Employers get flooded with 200 applications and more than half are fake.

I do have a portfolio. Solid UI work, and moderate complexity with Ember. Computed properties and model data stuff. Addon implementation, etc.

The thing is, if not indeed, where else?
Where do you live, try the state govt and become a baller like me...haha

i went to starbucks and the car in front of me pahid for my drink and the lady at the window made it a point to tell me this right off the bat so i said ok and then she just stood there and whaited and stopped taling and just sta7ring at me wheil the line of cars sat behond me it was clear that she wanted me to pay for the car behind me so i ]asked her if this was like a thing for tod7ay or some promotio and she said no its just waht people do sometimes and then she kept sataring at me and i saw my venti smores frappucino on the counter to her right and i id nt know what to do and i was feeling anxl,ious now and i think i hear another car beep like their horn or somethging and i swar time froze so i said to myself in my head not outloud that this is bs i intended to just buy my drink and go pick my mom up buty she just didnt even flinch or go for my drink so i sad i woud pay for the car behind me if thats how it work and she lit up like a crhistmas trre all msoiles and shit like this somehow made her d7ay like we are particpiating in some totally sweet cosiual experminet and i sighed and handed her my card not knowing what was about tyo happen then i looked in the mirror and it ws a frigging ford van packed with highschool kids and some hipster driver i prayed that he only otrdered a small drink for him7self but tha was not the case the order came to and i shit you not 64.25 i was not told this until after she swqiped my card and handed my my drink jand my card back but i didnt know what to do so i drov off and a little piece of me died

anigif_enhanced-14212-1440081145-7.gif

Were you wearing pants to the job interview

you prolly werent wearing pants huh

I've never been unemployed or had a hard time finding work and I assume my experiences in life apply to everyone so it must be your fault.

I've never been unemployed or had a hard time finding work and I assume my experiences in life apply to everyone so it must be your fault.
Ya right? These guys act like they have any idea what's what in the it field. The skills he listed IMO are a bit outdated now so he will have to sell himself more now in interviews. But I'm no fucking prize, got a fine job but I've been on a ton of interviews trying to get one more level with no success. I think I need to up my skills more.

Ya right? These guys act like they have any idea what's what in the it field. The skills he listed IMO are a bit outdated now so he will have to sell himself more now in interviews. But I'm no fucking prize, got a fine job but I've been on a ton of interviews trying to get one more level with no success. I think I need to up my skills more.

I don't have any skills but I have a killer personality and a charming wit and I tell them about some of my best threads.

Crazy thing is, my resume is solid and my skill set is sufficient.

Last interview I had, the dude told me I was one out of five that made it there, and that my resume was great. He asked what I wanted to do with my life, I said start my own business. He then immediately told me that because he would be sharing industry secrets with me, it wouldn't work out.

He didn't want the potential of me starting my own thing and being his competition.

Honestly I started not believing anything you believe about your performance at this point.

Q: What type of fucking idiot would ever think to say that?

A: The same type of idiot who thinks his interviews went great and that his resume is perfect.

Crazy thing is, my resume is solid and my skill set is sufficient.

Last interview I had, the dude told me I was one out of five that made it there, and that my resume was great. He asked what I wanted to do with my life, I said start my own business. He then immediately told me that because he would be sharing industry secrets with me, it wouldn't work out.

He didn't want the potential of me starting my own thing and being his competition.

Just how socially awkward are you?

Go hang out at the bowling with no underwear on. Somebody will eventually approach you, I know that I would

Been at it.

I'll bump this thread when I got a job and I'm hooking up with chicks in the break room.

Until then, I'm grinding. Here to serve as inspiration for the Sherbro set.

150 applications in 200 weeks is grinding? What are you doing with the rest of your time?

I'm guessing since it's a specific type of job you're after a lot of these applications must be very similar and you're doing a lot of copying and pasting? So you should have an absolute ton of free time.

0-200? damn, Barry Horowitz had a better record than that.

Yeah I know, Indeed is absolute trash.

Employers get flooded with 200 applications and more than half are fake.

I do have a portfolio. Solid UI work, and moderate complexity with Ember. Computed properties and model data stuff. Addon implementation, etc.

The thing is, if not indeed, where else?
where are you located? if you're in the bay area check out Angellist.com
start companies looking for programmers and UX/UI designers.
also check out Upwork.com

good luck brother. don't give up. u have to be willing to get rejected 300 times and keep trying if you really want success.

LOL!! JavaScript is not by any means dated. It's still the foundation for basically all of the frameworks people are looking for (node, react, etc).

Go work some manual labor you poofter. Keep yourself employed at least and build some character. Then your gonna be able to intimidate them into hiring you

May
LOL!! JavaScript is not by any means dated. It's still the foundation for basically all of the frameworks people are looking for (node, react, etc).
be you're right Im not pretending to be a front end dev. I see lots of basic and python now.

Go apply at local hostpitals for IT postition. Maybe even any postition to get your foot in
the door. Once in fulltime, you will have access to cheap healthcare and most hospitals
will help pay for school. That way you could go back to school or update some of the skills you do have.

At the very least you would be working and bringing home a paycheck.

Back