14 wounded, 2 in serious condition in bus attack in Luebeck, Germany

Unless you're armed with a gun it's really hard to stop a guy with a knife. Extremelly dangerous too.
This is the krav line.. But with multiple people with any training, it can be done. One person goes two arms on one, the others restrain the rest.

There were no explosives in his backpack, but you think the police are lying to cover up that he was a member of a terrorist organization? Nothing about the description of him in the story makes you think he's very mentally ill? All fake news then?

But see -- that is what makes it so suspicious.....<Moves>

Also on a more serious note. I think you could get a ton of people stabbed in a situation like that before anyone even noticed.

I remember once a Somali guy attacked a church and I thought for sure it was an Islamist because Somalia is like 98% Muslim. Turns out the guy was a Christian who had some beef with one of the churchgoers :oops:...

Now why would anyone think it was muslims????

Examples
In the WWL 2018 reporting period, shops and businesses of suspected converts were destroyed. At least three converts were forced to leave the country, and at least eight others have been forced to relocate inside the country.
Sources report that at least 23 Christians were killed because they were suspected of conversion. Details cannot be published for security reasons.
Three suspected converts were victims of forced marriage.
https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christian-persecution/world-watch-list/somalia/
^ oh, well, this is inconvenient as fuck.

if this post said 14 wounded 0 in serious condition i would be like "NEXT!"

Part and parcel.
DIVERSITY
They asked for it.

Remember when you geniuses (I believe @Seano was an offender personally) did all this "Religion of Peace!" nonsense after the last attack in Germany and then had egg on your face when it turned out to be by a white native German?

Do we not learn from our mistakes? Can't you wait before you scapegoat so that you don't show your asses?

Anyways, from what I've read this guy is a Persian immigrant who has lived in Germany for quite some time. At least enough to be naturalized.

Remember when you geniuses (I believe @Seano was an offender personally) did all this "Religion of Peace!" nonsense after the last attack in Germany and then had egg on your face when it turned out to be by a white native German?

Do we not learn from our mistakes? Can't you wait before you scapegoat so that you don't show your asses?

Anyways, from what I've read this guy is a Persian immigrant who has lived in Germany for quite some time. At least enough to be naturalized.
You had me all the way up until the last sentence. If by now you're not willing to admit that immigrants of the Islamic variety are more resistant to assimilation than all others, than that's a clear indication of commitment to having a blind side.

See Turks in western Europe who still identify as Turks first and foremost and Pakistani Muslims in the UK as the most obvious examples. We're talking of a reluctance of assimilation spanning decades and generations.

Now the above might not apply to this guy, but your statement falls flat on its face upon even the laziest examination. Also, and just in case you're talking about his citizenship status then I'll redirect you to my comment about Turks and Pakistanis in Europe. I generally agree with you when it comes to Persian Muslims, but I think you're being too generous in making an exception as it comes to how much influence their faith has in their lives.

You had me all the way up until the last sentence. If by now you're not willing to admit that immigrants of the Islamic variety are more resistant to assimilation than all others, than that's a clear indication of commitment to having a blind side.

See Turks in western Europe who still identify as Turks first and foremost and Pakistani Muslims in the UK as the most obvious examples. We're talking of a reluctance of assimilation spanning decades and generations.

Now the above might not apply to this guy, but your statement falls flat on its face upon even the laziest examination. Also, and just in case you're talking about his citizenship status then I'll redirect you to my comment about Turks and Pakistanis in Europe. I generally agree with you when it comes to Persian Muslims, but I think you're being too generous in making an exception as it comes to how much influence their faith has in their lives.

"Naturalized" means he was given German citizenship. I wasn't presuming that he had stripped himself of all extra-German identity.

Is that what you are disagreeing with in my last sentence?

Remember when you geniuses (I believe @Seano was an offender personally) did all this "Religion of Peace!" nonsense after the last attack in Germany and then had egg on your face when it turned out to be by a white native German?.

Not really, no.

Remember that time you got kicked off the site for being garbage?

His backpack was full of flammable liquid, and he attacked the bus driver for trying to put it out. That is either a terrible homemade bomb, or an accelerant. He was trying to burn the bus.

Sounds like a loon, but it isn't clear that he didn't intent to kill everyone on it, and I haven't seen the German authorities dismiss terrorism; only pronounce there is no immediate evidence of it. They're not releasing any details about him yet. They won't even release his name.

Not really, no.

Remember that time you got kicked off the site for being garbage?

Yup, @Madmick banned me for calling a guy a dolt for saying "fake news!" at a CNN article about an unarmed black man murdered in his garage, and then refusing to read up on the story through other outlets. I'd say it again, and will whenever you eventually use the same tactic. Sadly, being curt here while in the bad graces of a moderator gets you punished, yet putting absolutely no effort into good faith discussions does not.

"Naturalized" means he was given German citizenship. I wasn't presuming that he had stripped himself of all extra-German identity.

Is that what you are disagreeing with in my last sentence?
Already addressed, but maybe not clearly.

Once again, "naturalized" is meaningless in this convo.

Yes, it shows a commitment of staying in Germany long term. No, it doesn't mean his faith or place of origin had no hand in him going off the deep end.

I'm not thinking you implied anything by that sentence, but rather saying that faith tips the scale in favour over citizenship for most people of Islamic background.

Just nitpicking as I think that sentence muddies an otherwise on point post.

Already addressed, but maybe not clearly.

Once again, "naturalized" is meaningless in this convo.

Yes, it shows a commitment of staying in Germany long term. No, it doesn't mean his faith or place of origin had no hand in him going off the deep end.

I'm not thinking you implied anything by that sentence, but rather saying that faith tips the scale in favour over citizenship for most people of Islamic background.

Just nitpicking as I think that sentence muddies an otherwise on point post.

Yeah, I'm not sure that I'm fully understanding. But, to be clear, my mention of his being naturalized was purely meant in durational terms. I was just referencing it to qualify.

Also, beyond not being part of this recent refugee wave, if he's Iranian then he's even less one of the usual suspects, unless he was part of the Sunni minority that dissipated after the revolution. You almost never see Shia terrorists. I honestly can't remember ever hearing of a Shia attack on Western soil.

Yeah, I'm not sure that I'm fully understanding. But, to be clear, my mention of his being naturalized was purely meant in durational terms. I was just referencing it to qualify.

Also, beyond not being part of this recent refugee wave, if he's Iranian then he's even less one of the usual suspects, unless he was part of the Sunni minority that dissipated after the revolution. You almost never see Shia terrorists. I honestly can't remember ever hearing of a Shia attack on Western soil.
See, I find the fact that he didn't come at the height of the migrant crisis to be more relevant than his citizenship status. Meh, maybe the hiccup is on my end.

On a different note, I find your conflict with @Madmick amusing. Why? Because the two of you are prominent members in the "careful use of language" club in the WR. Hence my comment about your post as usually there's no ambiguity when it comes to your messages. And since I'm not one for indulging in bullshit and waffling I appreciate the effort. That's not an endorsement of your views, but clarity is gold! Lol

His backpack was full of flammable liquid, and he attacked the bus driver for trying to put it out. That is either a terrible homemade bomb, or an accelerant. He was trying to burn the bus.

Sounds like a loon, but it isn't clear that he didn't intent to kill everyone on it, and I haven't seen the German authorities dismiss terrorism; only pronounce there is no immediate evidence of it. They're not releasing any details about him yet. They won't even release his name.

Didnt they say he was Iranian, but a German Citizen, or even German Born? But he also sounded schizophrenic, from the little I read about him. Thinking people were trying to poison him. Maybe I read some fake news, meh.

Yup, @Madmick banned me for calling a guy a dolt for saying "fake news!" at a CNN article about an unarmed black man murdered in his garage, and then refusing to read up on the story through other outlets. I'd say it again, and will whenever you eventually use the same tactic. Sadly, being curt here while in the bad graces of a moderator gets you punished, yet putting absolutely no effort into good faith discussions does not.
You incurred a temp ban from accruing too many points due to telling another poster, "You're a fucking idiot", a direct flame, twice in one thread, while on yellows. That was a 4-pt infraction (dubs is 6pts).

Please behave, and I don't appreciate it when posters lie openly on the board about their infractions.

You incurred a temp ban from accruing too many points due to telling another poster, "You're a fucking idiot", a direct flame, twice in one thread, while on yellows. That was a 4-pt infraction (dubs is 6pts).

Please behave, and I don't appreciate it when posters lie openly on the board about their infractions.
Is there a way for us to keep track of our own infractions and reports? I don't care to know the source, but it might be entertaining to see what posts get people worked up.

Isn't LEO and military point of reference that if the knife attacker is within 20 feet of you and you haven't pulled your gun yet it's too late?
I think there is a 21 feet rule for LEOs, so you don't approach a knife wielding guy and don't let him get too close. But it's still doable, reasons being that Euro cops use stab resistant vests and there are techniques to avoid getting stabbed, like laying down and keeping the knife away with your legs while you shoot(like in a BJJ guard while you shoot him with the pistol), you will get stabbed/cut in the legs but protect your vital areas.
dave-spaulding-supine.jpg

Not exactly what I meant but now think he uses his leg like a BJJ open guard to keep the knife attacker away.
You can still die because of cuts to the femoral artery.

Of course, there are freaks that can shoot so fast and precisely from the hip but there is still the question of momentum. A guy rushing you with a knife may get shot a few times and still hack you before falling down.

Wether he was a terrorists or a lone nut job it doesn't matter as Germany is up there with UK and Canada as a civilised countries being brought down by liberal's and do gooders.
Auf Wiedersehen Germany

There were no explosives in his backpack, but you think the police are lying to cover up that he was a member of a terrorist organization? Nothing about the description of him in the story makes you think he's very mentally ill? All fake news then?

i forgout about this quote. yes i do think the cops are covering it up or atleast trying to downplay the situation.

we also had an iranian carry out the lindt cafe siege in australia.

he was given a dud or his homemade ied failed to ignite. german cops are forced to lie.

Back