13mm v 10mm belt, general Inzer questions

SteveQ

I'd rather be fishing
@Blue
Reaction score
there have been a few belt threads lately so I'm trying not to repeat anything that's come up recently...

what are the advantages of each size of belt? It looks like the default is 13mm. Why's that?

Also - is the Inzer Lever worth double the cost of the Inzer econ? Is there any huge benefit to the lever other than its quicker to get really tight?

I know that the consensus is to get a belt of uniform width and I will do so, but can anyone explain in simple terms why that's better?

Finally, I think that the "Neptune" shirt is cool. Anyone know how their t-shirts run as far as size? Half the time I need a large, half the time I need an XL. Anyone have a shirt from them?
http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=NEPTUNE_T_BRN

thanks,
steve

I'm no expert but I can speak on behalf of the inzer econ belt, as that is the one I currently use.

Its of the 13mm thickness, which I find to be a tad too thick for me, as I'm a pretty small guy (32" waist, 155lbs) so its pretty stiff and a little tough to deadlift in. the econ is a great belt and if I had to buy over again, I'd definitely save the 40 clams for the t-shirt.

As far as the uniform belt width, I definitely feel the belt pressing against my abs much more than when I tried the shitty school gym bodybuilding style belt, helps alot with squats.

I hope that helps.

For all Inzer product questions and purchases I highly recommend calling HouseOfPain.com and talking to one of the powerlifting gear reps.

They're the # 1 distributor of IAD products for a good reason.

I've got myself a small Inzer 13mm double-buckle Forever belt (sorry for the longwinded name) and my waist right now is probably right around 29 inches; from experience, I can tell you that the thicker belts, especially for smaller guys, take a while to break in, but now that I've had it for a while, I love it and wouldn't want to bother with the 10mm.

Ah, thanks for that Keosawa. I was wondering if mine was just too thick or not broken in yet. It's only seen about maybe 50-60 reps, relatively new belt.

Has anyone from Australia ordered one? Or anyone not from the US for that matter? I'm just wondering how long to expect my belt to take to arrive.

Took mine about 10 days to arrive after I ordered it (shipped to LA, California). I'd give it 2 weeks minimum for Australia, they took awhile to process my order and if you order any color but black, it'll take extra time.

I love my Inzer 13mm belt. The thickness will generally give you extra stability, especially on exercises such as squats and ohp. Some people prefer 10mm belt for deadlift and bench. I however dont really have any issues with my belt on any exercise once I adjusted to it.

The lever allows for a tighter fit. I have seen claims of getting an extra notch tighter with a lever vs a prong belt. However I dont know this for a fact. From person experience it was a lot tougher to get the belt as tight with prongs...

Do you necessarily want a belt to be as tight as it can physically go, though?

Generally more compression = better.
An overlooked advantage of the lever is that you can get it off quickly as well. That ability to uncompress in half a second after doing a heavy set is pretty huge.

Just to add a different side, I don't have an Inzer belt, but I will say a decent one that I currently use and really like is one of the Elitefts Retro series belts. They're pretty cheap, well constructed, and 10mm which is fine for me (and probably works fine for most of us here).

Just throwing that out there. I know when I was looking to buy a belt, I looked at a several different companies (Inzer, elitefts, apt, etc...) and Inzer was the only one I could generally find reviews on (which I guess does say something about it). If you're considering other options (which I was due to price at the time) the elitefts belts are a good alternative.

I've been using a friend's buckle one with a quick-release, and I've found there are times that I wanted it one notch looser. Actually, that may have been when benching.

But yeah, they make quick-release buckle belts too.

Generally more compression = better.
An overlooked advantage of the lever is that you can get it off quickly as well. That ability to uncompress in half a second after doing a heavy set is pretty huge.

+1.

I just bought the Titan Toro Lever (10 mm). 13mm is here:

http://www.liftinglarge.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=159

I really like it. I went with Titan because I heard stories about shitty service from Inzer. The customer support from Titan was great.

For all Inzer product questions and purchases I highly recommend calling HouseOfPain.com and talking to one of the powerlifting gear reps.

They're the # 1 distributor of IAD products for a good reason.

thanks, sean, i wouldnt have known about that, i will certainly give them a look/call

As far as the uniform belt width, I definitely feel the belt pressing against my abs much more than when I tried the shitty school gym bodybuilding style belt, helps alot with squats.

I hope that helps.

that does help, thanks - ive never used a belt of any kind so i was just wondering about that

I love my Inzer 13mm belt. The thickness will generally give you extra stability, especially on exercises such as squats and ohp. Some people prefer 10mm belt for deadlift and bench. I however dont really have any issues with my belt on any exercise once I adjusted to it.

The lever allows for a tighter fit. I have seen claims of getting an extra notch tighter with a lever vs a prong belt. However I dont know this for a fact. From person experience it was a lot tougher to get the belt as tight with prongs...

thats what i guessed - since this will allegedly last "a lifetime", it may be worth sprining for the better one

Inzer was the only one I could generally find reviews on
this is pretty much why i am going with them... maybe there's something better, maybe there's a better 'value' but at least I know this will be good

thanks for the responses everyone

is the Inzer Lever worth double the cost of the Inzer econ? Is there any huge benefit to the lever other than its quicker to get really tight?

1) Fuck yes

2) It's easier and quicker to get tight, will go tighter than a regular belt and massively easier and faster to undo.

Snitz said:
I find this shitty. Feels like I'm in a god damn chastity belt.
That's not how you're supposed to wear a belt.

13mm - you'll never second-guess yourself.

They still haven't shipped my order. Should I e-mail them to change the 10mm to a 13mm? Keep in mind my total is only a little over 1000, I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Back