130% BW Military Press

Why would you do the same weight every week?

because when i add extra weight i will not reach 6 repetition in the last set.

military press = 4 sets

i start with 10 kg each side
15 kg each side
17'5 kg each side
20 kg each side

i'm not exactly sure if the bar that i have is 20 kg or less. it looks exactly like the olympic bar but maybe is shorter. i work out at home.

military press = 4 sets

i start with 10 kg each side
15 kg each side
17'5 kg each side
20 kg each side

i'm not exactly sure if the bar that i have is 20 kg or less. it looks exactly like the olympic bar but maybe is shorter. i work out at home.

See the part I quoted? None of that matters.

All that matters is that what you're doing isn't working.

Nope. Not being funny or joking. My point was that those details don't matter. Doing the same weight repeatedly isn't going to improve your strength or physique. You need to figure out what you need to change in order to improve yourself, and then stick with that plan.

i see, but that's my max, unless you mean by changing using lower weights. im not sure if that will be beneficial.

i can increase the weight doing 3 or 2 reps. but i used to hear reps from 6 to 8 is ideal for gaining mass.

and when one can't reach 6 repetition, then he should use a lighter weight, so he can do 6 repetition with a good form.

i see, but that's my max, unless you mean by changing using lower weights. im not sure if that will be beneficial.

i can increase the weight doing 3 or 2 reps. but i used to hear reps from 6 to 8 is ideal for gaining mass.

and when one can't reach 6 repetition, then he should use a lighter weight, so he can do 6 repetition with a good form.
Do some direct tricep and front delt work to aid in upping your pressing strength.

For me I guess MP came kind of easy. It didn't take much effort for me to hit 185 at a bw of 175. Weird thing is I struggle with my bench. Never been able to get past 250 on that.

For me I guess MP came kind of easy. It didn't take much effort for me to hit 185 at a bw of 175. Weird thing is I struggle with my bench. Never been able to get past 250 on that.

I know the feeling. I can press 190 at about 170 bodyweight but can seem to get my bench to go up. The most I've ever hit on bench is 270 but that was when I weighed 185, now it is probably between 260-270. I feel like for bench I just need to increase the volume.

Watched a Rippetoe video where he says the press is initiated with a hip bounce. That's fucking cheating.
And I find impossible to actually do it.

Press is my worst lift, I'm embarrassed of myself :( so congrats to anyone that can lift 100% and above

And I find impossible to actually do it.

Press is my worst lift, I'm embarrassed of myself :( so congrats to anyone that can lift 100% and above
I was all he way up to 255 beof I tore my shoulder. Did 185x5x3 last week. Wasn't easy. I died a little inside struggling at that weight

My recent PR on this is 265, still substantially less than bodyweight

Presses are my new obsession, I do the one with feet apart and hip movement (as in the starting strength method), not MP.

I can attest that progress is slow! I'm still really just trying to get comfortable with with technique, 100% of BW is still a distant dream for me.

I know the feeling. I can press 190 at about 170 bodyweight but can seem to get my bench to go up. The most I've ever hit on bench is 270 but that was when I weighed 185, now it is probably between 260-270. I feel like for bench I just need to increase the volume.

Weird, my max bench is 275 but never pressed more than 170 (weighing 165).

Been out awhile fellas with a busted knee from a sloppy Osoto Gari. Its still on the mend and I was pretty depressed with it for a bit but I'm on the climb again. Been putting in some work gunning for the 130% Press. Feeling good about it right now.

Back