12oz Cleto Reyes - what's the actual weight?

deh707

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I have heard that most mexican training gloves including Reyes come in a little heavy.

I had a pair of 14oz Reyes that weighed 1.5-2oz heavier, and a pair of 16oz Casanova that weighed a 18.5oz and 19.2oz!

Also had a 10oz Casanova trainer (not fight glove) that was accurate; around 10.1oz and 10.2oz.

Anyone who has had experiene with 12oz Reyes - how much do they actually weigh?

Think I might go with a 12oz Fairtex BGV9. Since they are mexican style based and utilize a multi latex padding system, which is the padding type that mexican gloves use.

I'm guessing they have more padding than Reyes too.

BGV9 are great gloves in my opinion. But they are snug and a bit narrow which is good for me. I would recomend 14 oz unless you have small hands. I have a pair in 14 oz. (BGL7) lace up. I would describe my hands as average and I could not get through a full session with semi elastic 180" wraps at first. ( too snug). I ended up using to rolls of gauze for each hand for awhile to "open them up". I can now use 180 in wraps and the feel great, but still cannot fit comfortably with a pro wrap ( gauze and tape with knuckle pad.)

Just a heads up!

Also consider the fairtex pro fight gloves in 10 - 12 oz. (BGL6). I have previously owned them in 10 oz. And currently own them in 12 oz. Those are excellent gloves for mitts and bags as well. They will last awhile because they are layered foam based. You can order them custom in training glove weight sizes as well.

Ps. Look into BGL3 models too. That will prob be my next fairtex glove purchase.

Back