12 years ago today...

Anderson plum/handfighting in the clinch coupled with his knees was pure violence. Just a destructive execution

12 years ago and it still hurts, damn it.

I thought Silva could win but I didn't think Silva was gonna do up Franklin like this. If anything, I thought it was gonna look like Franklin vs Loiseau.

I think Vitor,Okami,and Sonnen could have beaten him,but yeah they are all winnable fights.

Rich beat Okami right before the Silva rematch. I would have given him the edge over Sonnen in a five round fight too.

But yeah, Vitor 3.0 (TRT) did crush him. Vitor would definitely have ended his title reign if Silva weren't in the picture.

The look in Rich's eyes in the clinch..... 12 years later i can still picture it.

OXiz.gif

12 years?!?!
That was the start of a pretty amazing run

Franklin vs Quarry my favorite KO of All Time. Surprised UFC didnt employ him after he retired. Franklin doesn't get enough attention on these boards.
I believe he got a really good job offer from one fc? And the ufc let him out of his contract.

So was good on their behalf (could be wrong)

I thought it would be more competitive. Didn’t think Anderson was gonna beat down rich so badly. What a good time for MMA.

I believe he got a really good job offer from one fc? And the ufc let him out of his contract.

So was good on their behalf (could be wrong)
Franklin was too smart and capable for the UFC to hold down. He knew where the money was and he got it.

dam that was 12 years ago!!! Time flies when you're having fun.

Rich beat Okami right before the Silva rematch. I would have given him the edge over Sonnen in a five round fight too.

But yeah, Vitor 3.0 (TRT) did crush him. Vitor would definitely have ended his title reign if Silva weren't in the picture.

Rich won two uneventful rounds against Okami and then got dominated and almost submitted in the last one. Okami was 25 then, he got much better in every aspect of the game.

Back