1080p 60fps or 4k 30fps?

Yep. Major point for PS4 Pro users.

That was mentioned about Forza Horizon for the Scorpio, though. First thing I checked, so like the Nickerson, I was quite impressed that it was running the game at 4K, natively:

It is hilarious, though. You really do have to carefully read pre-hype material. The green part is true. The red part is not. They juxtapose the two because console readers will see "matches PC Ultra settings" get excited, and not pay attention to the fact that PC Ultra settings are quite explicitly NOT what they used when they ran it at 4K native on the Scorpio.

Exactly! Consoles have always used lower graphical settings to keep up with newer PC hardware and graphical enhancements in games as the console hardware ages. They will reduce draw distances, or details at distance, make certain textures that don't get focused on lower quality, reduced or used less intensive anti-aliasing ect.

Scorpio in terms of raw graphical power is slightly more powerful then an RX 480. Optimization can get you increased performance, but it is not black magic. The Scorpio simply does not have the power to run most newer games at 4K, 60 FPS at anything approaching the equivalent PC high or ultra settings.

Yep. Major point for PS4 Pro users.

That was mentioned about Forza Horizon for the Scorpio, though. First thing I checked, so like the Nickerson, I was quite impressed that it was running the game at 4K, natively:

It is hilarious, though. You really do have to carefully read pre-hype material. The green part is true. The red part is not. They juxtapose the two because console readers will see "matches PC Ultra settings" get excited, and not pay attention to the fact that PC Ultra settings are quite explicitly NOT what they used when they ran it at 4K native on the Scorpio.
Thanks for that info. For better or worse I am a PS fanboy for life, though. :)

Thanks for that info. For better or worse I am a PS fanboy for life, though. :)

...and that is cool. At the end of the day it comes down to what you have fun on. The arguments come when people simply don't accept reality, or what to tell others they suck because they are not playing on a certain system.

I've literally never seen 4K in action. Not on a TV or anything, so I have no idea what it looks like.

I've literally never seen 4K in action. Not on a TV or anything, so I have no idea what it looks like.

It looks a lot like 1080p, just a little clearer. Really you only see a difference in larger panels. It is nowhere near the difference that you see between 1080 and 720 or lower.

And I'm the one who's "flaming." I guess it's ok to flame console gamers if you're a PC guy? That make sense...

Funny how not wanting to spend over $1000 to play video games makes you poor now lol. The jokes on you for spending that much to play some video games. Most people have tablets these days, having a PC doesn't do much for many anymore.

And I'm the one who's "flaming." I guess it's ok to flame console gamers if you're a PC guy? That make sense...

Funny how not wanting to spend over $1000 to play video games makes you poor now lol. The jokes on you for spending that much to play some video games. Most people have tablets these days, having a PC doesn't do much for many anymore.
jagsfan.gif

2djoqht.jpg

You sound poor

oeaRq8HvmRxIY.gif

Your ignorance made me shed a tear. You can build an Xbox or PS4 equivalent PC for a few hundred dollars.

there is no way in hell you build a pc for 300$ that runs all the current games smoothly. never.

equivalent hardware doesnt equal gaming performance.

there is no way in hell you build a pc for 300$ that runs all the current games smoothly. never.

equivalent hardware doesnt equal gaming performance.

Equivalent hardware does pretty much mean equal gaming performance. Optimization done for any platform can only do so much, it is not black magic. More so when you consider the XBox One uses Direct X for it's API, and PS4 has two APIs that are very similar to DX. The fact is the PlayStation APIs are designed to give developers finer controls over such things as pixel shading...so they can reduce the quality in some areas to be less demanding on hardware.

You are right, it is hard to build a PC for $300. Spending more on a PC also get you a lot more in the way of options. So a $500 PC can match of beat a PS4 in terms of gaming performance and is still a fully functioning PC. Of course this is if someone is starting from scratch. If you have a PC already there is a good chance that a $100 - $200 up grade can make it a gaming PC.

Back