101 BJJ Gym Marketing Tips

• Thread starter Deleted member 56619
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56619

Hey F12,

My coach and I just started a new venture, BJJ Website Gurus. I wrote a 7,000 word Ebook, 101 BJJ Gym Marketing Tips, as a free download to help spread the word and to hopefully help some gym owners with their online marketing in a legitimate, non LImpy kind of way.

This is the rundown of what's in it:

6,907 Words, 101 Tips & 21 Pages of BJJ Gym Marketing
12 Marketing Categories

Do I need to give an email to access your information?

Do I need to give an email to access your information?

Yes. You can unsubscribe right after if you wish. The only thing going out to the email will be BJJ gym marketing tips, so hopefully a lot of gym owners will find it helpful.

We will also have a blog soon for BJJ gym marketing that you won't need to enter any info to access. It will cover things like Facebook marketing for BJJ schools, how to correctly fill out a Google+/Yelp/etc. profile so that it ranks well, using lead capture on your website to help get website visitors to actually come in for a free class, etc.

Do you have hidden fees? For example do you have seminars on how to retain and keep students and then say you need to pay x amount of money to unlock this super secret knowledge or information after you already paid for the information?

If this isn't a limited supply, one time offer e-book... I don't want it! Too many people will get a hold of this and use the same marketing tips.

Jus kiddin' bro. I DL'd it and forwarded it to my old gym for them to see what they could take from it. Good basic stuff in here that's mostly overlooked.

Handy and interesting tips, saved to a folder!

I hope to start a club(not gym!) in a few years if there isn't an established one where I live(even then I'd like to teach 1-3 classes). Of course this assumes I keep up Jiu-Jitsu and have time but I think that's a safe assumption :D

Do you have hidden fees? For example do you have seminars on how to retain and keep students and then say you need to pay x amount of money to unlock this super secret knowledge or information after you already paid for the information?

If you pay me $4,999 I will tell you the answer to this question and more! But to find out the real answer, you have to come to my Super Secret Jiu Jitsu Player Lifestyle Seminar, at only $9,999. But it's cool, because you get to come to my Pimptastic BJJ Playa party in my hotel suite, assuming you pay an additional $2,999, because we don't want losers who aren't serious about giving me money to attend this seminar....this offer also ends in 37 seconds, so please PM me your credit card info an hour ago.

If you pay me $4,999 I will tell you the answer to this question and more! But to find out the real answer, you have to come to my Super Secret Jiu Jitsu Player Lifestyle Seminar, at only $9,999. But it's cool, because you get to come to my Pimptastic BJJ Playa party in my hotel suite, assuming you pay an additional $2,999, because we don't want losers who aren't serious about giving me money to attend this seminar....this offer also ends in 37 seconds, so please PM me your credit card info an hour ago.

Lol nice. Info on the way.

If this isn't a limited supply, one time offer e-book... I don't want it! Too many people will get a hold of this and use the same marketing tips.

Jus kiddin' bro. I DL'd it and forwarded it to my old gym for them to see what they could take from it. Good basic stuff in here that's mostly overlooked.

Damn, my head was THIS close to exploding lol. Thanks for sharing it with your old gym!

Handy and interesting tips, saved to a folder!

I hope to start a club(not gym!) in a few years if there isn't an established one where I live(even then I'd like to teach 1-3 classes). Of course this assumes I keep up Jiu-Jitsu and have time but I think that's a safe assumption :D

Glad you liked it. After writing 7,000 words, I hope it still made sense at the end lol.

Some good stuff in there.
I kind of already use most of them by trial and error.
Some tricks like google alert I was told by someone else.
It is useful for people that are into blogging and running clubs etc...

Come out here to Bangkok, it's about to get hot as hell. I may actually prefer the England cold. 35 Celsius and 397% humidity is miserable lol.

Thanks for the positive remarks guys, really appreciate it. Feel free to pass it on to anyone you think may benefit from it. The more the merrier!

Come out here to Bangkok, it's about to get hot as hell. I may actually prefer the England cold. 35 Celsius and 397% humidity is miserable lol.

Thanks for the positive remarks guys, really appreciate it. Feel free to pass it on to anyone you think may benefit from it. The more the merrier!

one day i'll make it out there :)

Thank you! Looks like a lot of good information.

Not a problem, Byrd. Hope it helps!

GuardGame, any plans for a return trip to Rio? I still haven't made it. Once you come to Bangkok, it's hard to leave lol.

I got this email below from an F12er who asked me to reply in this thread, so here goes:

I have actually trained myself to immediately unsubscribe from sites that require me
to enter my e-mail address.

I have ADD, so this may help. Hypothetical question that I would like to see
answered on the Sherdog post... why should I stay subscribed after I get the book?
In other words, I got my "thing" of value, other than kindness (THANK YOU, by the
way!) why else should I allow more mail through? Plan on releasing more tips?
Marketing or BJJ? Looking forward to seeing the answer on your Sherdog thred.
Cheers.

My response is:

We will be starting a blog on our site within the next week. I'll write weekly BJJ gym related marketing posts, similar to what's in the book, but much more in depth and actionable. These articles will go out to the email list because most people will forget to check the blog.

We are also debating on what to release first, a BJJ gym Facebook marketing white paper (in depth guide to using Facebook to market your BJJ school) or a 8-12 part video course walking BJJ gym owners through the process of how to pick a domain name, how to setup their site for SEO with Wordpress, correctly setting up their Google+ business page, how to improve their rankings in both organic Google search as well as within the Google map listings, etc.

These free resources will go out to our email subscribers, and non subscribers can download them by becoming subscribers. Of course they are free to unsubscribe as soon as they get the free info. The point of email subscribers isn't to spam them with special offers and a big sales pitch, it is to build a following of gym owners that we are legitimately interested in helping out, offer tons of free value to them in the hopes that they will use our services in the future, or be so happy with the free value that we provided them, that they will refer us to friends and help spread the word.

Back to the Facebook marketing paper and video course, what do you guys think is most helpful? An in depth guide to Facebook marketing for BJJ schools, or a video course helping gym owners setup the basics of their website to get them to rank and convert well? Both would be free.

Last edited by a moderator:
SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION STARTING IN 3...2...1..

Here are a couple new sites we just finished. I'd love any feedback you guys have on them.

This one is for UFC fighter and BJJ black belt Nick Catone's 8,000 square foot gym, which is probably one of the nicest gyms I've ever seen.

http://www.nickcatonefitness.com/

NickCatone.jpg

We also just finished up a new site for Elite BJJ, a Saulo school in Jersey. The photo to the left is actually a video that Elite did and it turned out pretty good.

http://www.centralnjbjj.com/

EliteBJJ.jpg

Back